PBP: NWSL Week 24 Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Gilmoy, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [NC-HOU] Hinkle for Zerboni (and S.Mewis => LDM, O'Sullivan => RDM, Dunn => RM).
    1038565706097459201 is not a valid tweet id

Agnew for Chapman.

North Carolina: Q none / OUT King Zerboni / SEI Kawamura
    Houston: Q Chapman / OUT Henninger Polkinghorne Shim / SEI K.Mewis

2. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    13' 1-0 Erceg long ground pass to McDonald at 23m box left. McDonald backs down Brooks to 15m mid-left, cuts endline and out-accelerates Brooks to 5m 6-left. Campbell slides out but McDonald wins race, right outstep flick across mouth glances off Campbell's leg, rolls across mouth into right bottom pipe just behind right post. RB Comeau was caught way up.

25' 2-0 S.Mewis long ground pass from circle back to Ln.Williams in stride at 35m mid-left, already 1-v-1 with Brooks-as-sweeper. Ln.Williams creeps to 17m mid-left, shoots right instep bend around Brooks, beats Campbell's dive, off right post low. Ball bounces out to 5m center, Motlhalo unwisely tries to collect it thereat, ball rolls over/past her toes to 6-top 1/4 left. Dunn arrives and shoots one-touch left instep, Motlhalo deflects it off left post high. Ball drops back to Dunn's right foot at 5m 1/4 left, she volleys this one into back left high.

3. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    44' 3-0 Dahlkemper dribbles unmolested from own 1/3 to midfield arc right, passes to McDonald unmarked at circle top. McDonald turns and dribbles to 35m arc right, Ln.Williams back-cuts LB Agnew -- held onside by Brooks-as-sweeper way deeper than everybody else :oops: McDonald rolls a pass between Agnew and Van Wyk to 6m mid-right, Ln.Williams wins that race. First-touch cutback beats Agnew sliding to ground, Ln.Williams stays on feet and chases ball to 7m 6-right. Simple left foot shot across mouth beats Campbell, into back left low. Maybe press the ball upfield :coffee:

57' 4-0 Mathias passes from circle back box right to Debinha at 35m mid-right. Debinha does a one-touch twirl-backheel to McDonald at 27m wide right. McDonald backs down Van Wyk, cuts inside to 22m mid-right. Meanwhile, Brooks drops back into zone defense at 16m centerline, Ln.Williams trails her up left post lane -- with a huge lateral gap between them, and well ahead of Comeau again caught too high. McDonald passes left instep inswinging behind Brooks to 7m 1/4 left, Ln.Williams lunge-pokes across mouth, slow bouncer past Campbell into 1/5 right back low. OK, no team has the backline speed to stay with North Carolina's runs -- but Houston's defense seems to be systematically flawed.

blissett repped this.
  4. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    70' 5-0 Mathias right throw-in at circle back, heaved to circle top wide right, toward McDonald. Keever sandwiches McDonald 2-v-1, heads a bloop centerward. Hamilton shields off Brooks, toe-pokes ball 30m upfield, sprints away from 3 and catches up at 15m box right. Hamilton dribbles fast to 5m 7-right, shoots right foottop slice rising over Campbell, through right 90 into 1/3 right back high. Like Donovan against Slovenia :eek:

FT 5-0. A valiant season from Houston. Next year they could maybe play this way from the start, and be in the playoff hunt pack.

blissett and CoachJon repped this.
  5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I LOVE McCall, but team MVP in 2018 is Abby Erceg. Cap'n Kiwi every minute every game!

blissett and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the NJ-Orlando game, and while I have nothing against Orlando, I am so happy for Sky Blue...ending on a win!

McSkillz, MiLLeNNiuM, cpthomas and 2 others repped this.
  7. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a nice gesture by the team:

1038574910765969409 is not a valid tweet id

blissett, CoachJon and BlueCrimson repped this.
  8. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rookie of the year:
    Some are saying Motlhalo (Dash) and I was thinking McCaskill (Sky Blue) was doing a whole lot for her team all season and I was leaning that way. But Ellie Carpenter (Thorns) has been close to spectacular this year. I vote Carpenter.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.