NSR Traveling to Guayaquil/Ecua Coast with the Fam

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by NRJR0891, Jul 31, 2014.

1. NRJR0891

NRJR0891 New Member

Mar 26, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello All,

I'm traveling with my wife and kids (Son-2.5yr old and Daughter 4.5yr old) in to weeks to Guayaquil. My parents have a house and car in Guayaquil. So I'll have a way of getting around and a place to stay. We'll be spending most of our time in Guayaquil but are planning to spend a few days near the beach visiting some of the Coastal towns (Salinas, Ballenita, Santa Elena, Montanita, etc.).

I haven't been to Ecuador in over 10 years and I've heard it's changed a lot. Was looking to see if anyone had suggestions of couple things to do with the kids in Guayaquil and neighboring towns (including beach area). I've gotten some suggestions like Malecon 2000, Malecon del Salado, El Parque Historico, etc. Also heard there are nice parks with playgrounds that have been built but haven't gotten exact names or where located. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also, any suggestions for Bars/Restaurants (both family friendly and good for couples) will be great. My wife and I are planning to escape when we can (while my parents watch our kids) to hang out. Heard Las Penas neighborhood is a nice place to hang out.

Thanks everyone

NR