NSR Sub-forum discussion, and other E&G suggestions - Now with poll!!

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

NSR Sub-forum discussion, and other E&G suggestions - please read!

Morning all,

It's almost that time of year where us mods get our yearly review (eek), but in anticipation of this I was thinking on a seperate tangent as to whether or not anybody had any suggestions as to how you would like your forum run. For example, myself and JC have left the adidas and Nike threads open for longer rather than cutting them off at 400.

The main thing I was looking at was this. We are now on our 19th NSR thread and since there are a fair few people who continually post in these threads and discuss non-soccer related things, we may be able to apply for a NSR subforum much like we were given the SwapShop. This would be a forum where you can post any NSR stuff, and somewhere seperate for the NSR threads to go. That way we can just continue to post what we like in there and develop as a community further.

As with before, we need a MINIMUM of ten people to say they will regularly contribute to the forum. The more who will contribute, the more likely we are to get it, so don't be shy :) This is an initial foray into guesstimating how many people are interested, and if there is enough interest I will go ahead and apply for the forum for us. So if you are in favour of getting a NSR subforum, post here and say so, so I can put you down as a supporter.

Please also post any other suggestions that you have for making this forum better for all of us :)

Cheers

bigg

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: NSR Sub-forum discussion, and other E&G suggestions - please read!

sub forum idea is great, other than that i don't think anything needs to change

i think it runs pretty smoothly here with u and the other mods in charge as it us

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I'm up for a sub forum too! the NSR threads are always fun. But does that meant that other people from outside the board will be able to join our 'gang'?! haha, im kidding.

Yourself and JC are doing a great job of keeping the board neat and tidy. I cant even remember the last time we had a 'how do you clean your boots thread' so you must be doing great!

appleCORR

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Haha, we did have to use the "wield the axe" method at first...

I did have to issue another forum ban today though, gala86's spamming got too much to deal with, I gave him FOUR Spamming infractions and he still didn't get it :rolleyes:

Back to the topic, my main thought is whether or not there would be enough traffic for a seperate subforum - but looking at the last thread that we had it had 5 thousand odd views and 29 different posters which makes me think that there should be.

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I think we'll be fine, a lot of people contribute to it. And im sure they will continue to do so.

appleCORR

6. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

i think this forum is running fine and dandy, theres no other like it!

7. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

All's well and good in the E&G world - when I pop in, everything is clear and simple and there's no need to wade through a whole lot of crap to find what I want.

As for the suggested sub-forum: Sure, why not? I'm in.

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

I actually (being as I fear change) would prefer NSR to stay where it is, as im waaaay too lazy to check 2 diff forums on BS, I rarely ever check the player forum anymore and I fear if NSR and E&G were seperated many would fall by the wayside, myself included.
    Just my 6.5 cents (inflation), but you know I think the mods on this forum are doing a great job for OUR forum, running threads as appropriate to US in our idiosyncratic little corner of BS!!!

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

as much as i would like a sub-forum for NSR, i like the fact that there is only one. with a subforum i can see stupid post much like SP. i don't want BS to be SP, i like the community feeling here. other than that, i think this area is running well. i just enjoy the quality of most post (devil500 excluded) and how it's nothing like soccerpulse. Props to bigg and JC. thanks guys

10. quixoticelixir42

quixoticelixir42 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I like the idea of the sub forum as well, but cjump does present a good point. but as we've well seen, skizz and JC are quide adept at weeding though the crap and keeping everything running like a swiss watch.

11. TRIXTA805

TRIXTA805 Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I'm down for a subforum

12. DrSkillz1800

DrSkillz1800 Member

Apr 13, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC

I agree with Case in the lazy department, but other than that... I think this forums a well oiled machine, no need to change that.

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Case, if there's a subforum it will be at the top where the SwapShop is, so there's no need to be afraid of multiple navigation issues, it will be one more click!

I just thought it may be a good idea because it's not only the NSR threads that could go there. Casual shots could make its long overdue return, few other things could go in there too...it would be very closely regulated and kept to people who post in the main forum rather than having people appearing and saying HI IM A N00B LOVE MEEEE!!!!!!! :D

14. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ok, I've created a poll guys. Two options, quite simple:

1. Yes, let's apply to get the sub forum
    2. No, leave the NSR threads how they are in the main forum

Please vote :)

15. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Why are you mocking me, bigg? Got something against me?

Haha jk. But I'm in for a sub forum.

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Kinda my point as I honestly don't open the swapshop subforum, even tho I prolly missed some quality bargains in there! Bet there's been loads of gold vapor 2s in my size and apps wallbangers that I never knew about super cheap!
    Sure it will remove the clutter from the E&G, but im gonna guess that either I'll end up ignoring this forum OR abdicating my NSR throne!!!

Which for many of u will be all the more reason for the change!!!

17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

As one of those who reads often, but posts rarely, I'll jump in ...

I voted 'Yes,' if only because y'all have a good community of similar-minded folks here and it would be nice to see that expanded outside of one thread. Yet, I do agree with Case that subforums are a pain in the ass ... not just for this particular forum, but all of them. It seems that once something is popular enough to warrant a subforum, the activity takes a dip. Just my (lurker) two.

(And damnit. Are we really up for evaluations already?)

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Soon man. It makes me shed a tear :( :p

19. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I just clicked yes, what's the deal?