NSR/Off Topic #7

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    i asked mine to come and see the streets with me a few years ago, she said no, you know i wanted to do something where we could have a laugh, she sugessted a few months ago to go and see girls aloud, i agreed ( i'll admit they're a guilty pleasure, who doesnt like love machine) but only if she went to a gig with me, but we couldn't get tickets, nevermind ay

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Darren, thats the most Skatery collective of music tastes i ever did hear!

Beyonce and shakira just came on tv, im off....

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol enjoy :p

4. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

HAHA you should see my CD collection. 1500 discs, and you cant imagine the variety....

Who has 2 thumbs and is pissed off that he can't pick up either the flip IIIs or Fire red III tomorrow morning???... THIS GUY!!!! =(

5. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Right, I've had my PS3 for a few hours now...but I haven't played one fukin game yet!!! They decided not to give you a demo disk, but instead make you download the demos off the internet. I'm downloading the Motor Storm demo and its only at 40% after about 3 hours!!!:mad:

6. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R&W, it's totally worth the wait. make sure you get the Gran Turismo HD demo too.

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm busy downloading the full GT game as we speak, hopefully it will be done by the time my friends pop over!

Motor Storm was pretty sh!t and I'm p'd about the fact that nearly none of my PS2 games are compatible!

8. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea well try being this side of the pond! I got my fingers crossed that my airforce hookup has gopt me covered ;)

9. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( I want PS3!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol at case whackin off and letting us no

11. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    I completely forgot about the III's coming out.

Oh well, maybe I'll stop by the mall in a couple of weeks and check them out.

Around here they never sell out.

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    CONVERSTION MOVED FROM JERSEY THREAD

As Brad Friedel said, "Americans like to invent new sports and call themselves world champions."

Your comment basically supports this, and people all around the world ridicule Americans for this. America has the baseball 'World Series'...where are the representing teams from around the world?:confused:

America are actually doing well in football/soccer, there is so much structure to develop the youngsters, and there is so much support, yet people are complaining!

I'm sorry, but I still haven't had one valid reason why the USMNT is being complained about. I've being told that they are being run by 'this person' and 'that person', but the results aren't exactly bad...so how can people complain about how the system is being run???

I would dream of such structure and good teams in football in my country, it would be amazing...yet Americans have all this but they are complaining becaue they didn't win the most prestigious cup in the world?

I just don't get it. To me, it doesn't seem the USMNT is the problem, its American society that is the problem...there seems to be a lack of understanding.

BTW, Guiseppi Rossi is the American born Italian outh player who is owed by Man Utd, but is on loan at Parma now.

13. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's because we have stupid people in our country. I cant believe someone just suggested that he has more national pride by not supporting the USMNT!!! WTF.

To him, yes, soccer is not the most popular sport in the US. But let me ask you a question, how the ******** do you think it will be come more popular if people like who you like the sport choose to ignore anything American about it? MLS and soccer support in this country grows because people watch it and go to games, like you said there are many people who consider themselves Americans who support other national teams, but just think if they all supported the US team.

But like R&W said, no one is giving a good reason not to support their national soccer team.

14. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm in no way pushing my ideas on you guys, but if my country had a league like the MLS I would be at those matches every weekend! I often want to go to the matches in my country but they just aren't safe to go to. Also, our NT has not played in Cape Town for at least 8 years, so I never get to see the NT play.

Sure, I'm an Arsenal nut and I understand that the quality of football will be better than any local stuff, but supporting a local team close to you is exciting. Going to a live match is great and I love the idea of supporting my own country's NT.

Really, it doesn't affect me in the least if people here don't want to support their own country, but for ME its uncomprehendable when you've such a good system of the USNT

15. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am the Federation has showed it dumped a manager who did well for over 10 years, and did not have a replacement either ready or almost ready...we had to wait almost 7 MONTHS TO GET AN ANNOUNCEMENT,and whats even more funny is that they are still looking at other managers so the current one is basically trash if you look at it.

I just won't support the national team unless they really fix it because it sucks how the federation has neglected the program. I'd like to see more games against Euro teams in Europe which is also what this team lacks all we play are teams from Central America around rank 70 or less at home what do our players get in terms of experience? Nothing. Theres no disrespect toward the players I love some of them especially Clint Dempsey, but I just think the federation is very negligent thats why I won't support the team because the federation won't get the message unless you show it.

BTW SACK LANDON DONOVAN!

16. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do agree that we need to play more Friendlies vs Euro teams in Europe. Todays game will be good though, we play a strong Ecuador team.

Thats a great idea, sack our best Attacking player.:rolleyes:

17. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesn't the national team come to Cape Town very often? Where do they play most of their home matches?

One of my favorite attended matches was when the US beat SA 4-0 in DC.:p

18. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Landon the best attacking player he's not playing to his potential he should be in Europe playing and actually busting his arse off....I think Dempsey has jumped up to number 1 in the pecking order.

19. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just dont think that he wanted to be in Europe. It's not for everyone, and we need some of our stars to stay in MLS. I think that Dempsey could, but LD is still like number 1 in assists and like 3rd in all time goals for the nat'l team and is only like what 24, 25?

20. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Most of the support for football is up in Joburg or Durban. Also, the stadium situation in Cape Town is a bit of a mess. Athlone stadium is in a dangerous area, its too small and the design of it makes the wind howl through it. Green Point Stadium is just a bumpy dump that has been dimantled now while Newlands, a good enough stadium, is in an area where there is little football support.

Oh, when was this?

21. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks about your stadium situation there. Are they going to try to fix it up for the World Cup? Will Cape Town be a venue?

Hmm, I want to say in '99 or '00. It was when the US was still having the US Cups...it was a little 4 team tournament they use to hold most summers.

BTW, it appears that ill be making my first trip to South Africa and Africa in general for the World Cup.

22. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, Cape Town will definitely be a venue...its the best city in the country! There will be a big new stadium built near where the Green Point stadium is being dismantled. I'm really looking forward to it.

Brilliant, I hope the WC will be successful.

23. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So 3/4 of those goals came against teams that are not even in the top 50...He bailed out of Germany because his girl wants to be an actor tbh he's not great and our stars should play in Europe if we want to contend with the World...MLS is just a step for younger players to get better it should not be made into a league like the EPL where the level of play speaks for itself...

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Devil, 50 seconds in and Landon just scored!:D

25. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad: :mad: THAT Pu^^(%$%YU#(%58y!!!!!!!

ERGGGGGGG bench him throw him off he's a premodana!!!!!!