NSR Houston Rockets [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by Excape Goat, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Rockets were red hot after Yao Ming returns. They destroyed the Philadelphia 76ers 124-74 last weekend.

2. davie1976

davie1976 New Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tianjin TEDA
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The biggest scores difference in this season. :)

Best wishes for Houston Rockets to march farther and farther......

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This should improve their confidence. I really thought that Yao Ming would be unfit after the long layoff. T-Mac seemed to pick up his fitness when Yao Ming was away. This two guys are rolling.

4. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

I'm impressed to see Yao is doing some real minutes already. Still has enough matches left to get back into tiptop shape for the play-offs. Yao was averaging 30 plus points before the injury and he's picking up right where he left off. With T-Mac now playing at his best, the Rockets can be a real threat.

5. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    The Rockets ARE a real threat and if the season were to end today they would play the Jazz, which would not be an easy 1st round. Yao would probably not guard Mehmet Okur, who is deadly from 3. So he'll guard either AK47 or Carlos Boozer, which would be difficult because Yao doesn't have an easy time defending smaller guys (ala Phoenix Suns). On offense, however, it doesn't matter who guards Yao, the man will just shoot it over you. Definitely looking forward to the playoffs...
    I've got NBA League Pass, so I've been watching almost all their games.

Jeff van Gundy for Coach of the Year!!!

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Go New York, Go New York, Go!

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

If the Rockets wins it all, who do you think is going to be the MVP? Yao or T-Mac.

I say it'd have to be Yao as the MVP for the Rockets to go far.

8. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    If the Rockets won the NBA Finals, then yeah I would agree with you on Yao being NBA Finals MVP cause it would most likely be only through Yao the Rockets win it all.

But for the regular season MVP, I have to give the advantage to Tmac just cause he's done so well without Yao for much of the season. If Yao had played the whole season and done as well as he has, then he would absolutely be a top MVP candidate. But as it is, Tmac is still the leader of the team.

9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Oh I'm not dissing Tmac. He's extremely talented. But for this team to win the NBA title, I think Yao has to play his part of a franchise player.

Incidentally a Houston game is on now, against the Pacer. Yao is looking pretty fresh and is shooting well. 59-56 Houston lead bottom of the third.

10. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    A 9-nothing run gives Houston a 74-67 lead. Yao has an assist and 4 points in this run. 6 minutes remaining.

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Haha Yao is being interviewed alone, without the interpreter. A nice accent too. :D

Houston won 86-76, Yao had 32 points.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Yao is the best center in the nba.

Looking forward to 易建联 in the nba draft.

13. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I have already argued that if Yao stayed healthy this entire season, he would have been a candidate for MVP. When he got injurred, he was averaging close to 27PPG and 10RPG, which are considered MVP numbers. I remember this one game he held Duncan to just 13 points and less than 10 rebounds. He literally shut down Duncan all by himself, had 3 blocks on him too.

Yi Jian Lian will enter the draft? Not too sure where he will be. Not even sure if he will go first round.

14. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Knicks suck. I used to be a Knicks fan, but not anymore after Toronto got a team. The Knicks are horrible, look at how many talents it has, Curry, Crawford, Marbury, plus the young stars like Lee. Still struggling to be 8th.

15. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope that he does not end up liked Wang Z.Z. I meant too thin to play in the NBA.

BTW, watch out for Chen Jianghua, another player from Gunagdong.
    [youtube]dBDCxUg9mgg[/youtube]

16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    The Knicks when Ewing was around at least had a chance. Now it's just a nobody team.

That said, it's not too far from making the playoff this year.

17. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Shows how amazing the Eastern Conference is.

Since the Celtics do ******** all, go Suns.

18. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    Quote from Wiki: "Yi was not expected to enter the NBA Draft until 2009 because the Chinese Basketball Association generally does not release their players until they turn 22. But in early 2006, he announced he would enter the 2006 NBA Draft, although he eventually decided to withdraw. However, on November 1st, 2006, Yi's club, the Guangdong Tigers, announced that Yi would enter the 2007 NBA Draft."

On some mock drafts I've seen, YJL has gone has high as the 6th pick and as low as the 13th pick. If nothing weird happens he looks to be a lottery pick.

My dream is that somehow the Rockets trade some players or some picks to move up high enough to get YJL. Just imagine YJL and Yao both on the Rockets...sigh...

19. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    Ya lol his English is much better than Sun Xiang's, though Yao has been in the US for 4 years now...

20. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I still remember Larry Johnson's 4 point play that took the Knicks to the Championships. I was a die-hart knicks fan back then. It was awsome watching Knicks and Heat, as well as Knicks and Pacers battling back and forth. Interestingly enough, none of those teams won the championships. The Heat never even made it back then.

21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some NBA scouts were at the CBA Finals looking at Yi last night.

22. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    Yao is getting better every game , hope he along with mcgrady can play together a lot and play well in knock out if they qualify. Also there is another chinese guy going to NBA right? not the one from Canton team but i dont' remember. He is taller than Yao ming.

23. dlimhs

dlimhs New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    West Virginia
    Sun Ming Ming? I dunno if that's who your talking about, but if it is, then he actually plays for the Grand Rapids Flight, a minor league team.

He has also finished filming a fight scene with actor Chris Tucker in the upcoming film Rush Hour 3.

24. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, he's good.

25. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Is this Chen Jianghua better than that Liu guy that played point guard (is it Liu Wei?) that tried out at Sacramento years ago?