NSR-Getting to know each other

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Catfish, Mar 9, 2005.

1. nickcat

nickcat Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Southport
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm a Southport fan first and foremost ........ but because I love football, and watch many leagues on tv, I try to adopt teams in other countries ........... why PSG ? Because back in the late 80's my sister lived in Paris for a couple of years, and therefore it's the only French city I've visited.

Oh yeah ....... and I do hate Marseilles ;)

2. TheJazzKing59

TheJazzKing59 New Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Greetings. PSG supporter all alone in Indianapolis, Indiana. Plenty of Chelsea fans have sprung up over the last 2 years here: no Ligue 1 fans.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not sure how many PSG fans are around, but I thought I might as well introduce myself before the season starts. My name is Arianna and I've been a PSG fan ever since 1998 (when I was 7). I was very young at the time, but the World Cup was hosted at home and that's when I fell in love with the EDF and football in general. Within the next few years, being Parisienne, I naturally started following PSG. I've been to many games throughout the years with the exception of last season. I moved to the US a few years ago for university and I was too busy to go back home last season. I'm hoping to go to a few games this season since I plan on going home to visit my parents in a few months. My favorite all-time PSG player is probably Pauleta, but it's hard to pick a favorite current player. I guess I'll go with Thiago Silva. Favorite player ever has to be Zidane, which may not be the most original choice from a French person, but he is truly the greatest player I've ever seen play. :)

Catracho_Azul and SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.
  4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I was talking to a guy today who was born in Liberia and of course I had to ask him if he liked football and knew who George Weah was. Of course he knew him (said he was the greatest player in the world, which he did win back then) but then I asked him who his favorite club was and I expected him to say PSG or even Milan, where Weah spent a lot of time but unfortunately he answered Real Madrid. I really wanted to scold him lol but right after that I said What about PSG and he knew who they were at least. I said "support them they are good now."

Pandore repped this.
  5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol RM and Barce truly have a strangle hold on Global futbol when it comes down to fanbases.

Wolfbeatseagle and Pandore repped this.
  6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He was an older guy so he was definitely watching football 20 years ago when Weah won Ballon d'Or.

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha, gloryhunters rule the game. Maybe once we win the CL, we'll get a few of them. I'm always STUNNED when I see someone in a PSG shirt outside of Paris/France. It's always nice to see though

I can't imagine what it's like supporting such a big club that I have no actual connection to. Do the wins/trophies even mean that much? I can't imagine it's nearly as satisfying.