[NSR] FTAA Presentation Research

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Twenty26Six, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a sophmore at my local college (New York State). I am researching a project which takes a US issue and deals with it from another countries point-of-view.

I have chosen to use the FTAA/Summit of the Americas.

I am looking for subjective and objective comments on the current events and past troubles caused by the FTAAand Summit of the Americas. I'm in need of points-of-view from Latin Americans living in SA or in the US. I know BS.com contains a wide berth of Latin posters and am hoping to capitalize on that.

Anyone interested please contact me through PM or reply through this thread. Stop and go comments can not be used as I will need minor backgrounds [name, occupation, age, etc] from anyone wishing to express an opinion.

Any help is appreciated.

- Thank You

2. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    There are several theories about what happened there. Argentina is country runned by different groups headed by different people. A lot of the protesters were genuine but there were some destructive elements and I don't know if those elements were part of the peaceful protesters, probably not. These violent groups have their own agenda and part of that agenda I guess, was to destabilize the present government. Under the banner of communism and other left wing ideas they act, but we really don't know what their real purpose is, since the current president is inclined towards the left. The groups are paid and controlled by a reduced number of people , politicians, and they get a salary every time they cause these disturbances.This does not mean that there were no legitimate protesters against Bush's policies.Those were very much peaceful. The trouble makers were a reduced number and curiously they were all freed very quickly afterwards.