NSR: Basketball 2.0

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by FootyFan365, Mar 6, 2011.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Foreshadowing at its finest: 2 months ago I told you guys how I rushed the court after we beat Missouri St and took #1 in The Valley standings, and now I just watched my alma mater beat them on CBS to become Valley Tourney Champs :D We got our ticket to the Big Dance!!!!!!!

2. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol @ Miami. Crying after a regular season loss? hahahaha

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, it is 4 consecutive losses and 5 out of 6. Clearly, we did not think we were going to witness this.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    FAU won the regular season Sun Belt title (21-9, 13-3) and lost to North Texas in the Sun Belt tournament quarterfinals...

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Text from my mom when she heard about the Heat crying:

"What on Earth is wrong with these guys?"

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Where in the world is James Jones?

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Would be pretty freakin hilarious to see Nice's comments on Jajuan Johnson from a few months ago. Dude said some bonehead things like he should only get 2nd place votes, is only rated the 30th best player in NCAA etc. lol what an idiot, but in his eyes all Big10 voters must be 'homer's of Purdue now haha :rolleyes:

Jajuan Johnson was voted First Team All Amercian and Big10 Player of the Year today, by both the coaches and media :D First Boilermaker since Glenn Robinson in '94 to win the award.

Purdue just dominated the Big10 awards and rightfully so. In a year where they would've easily been the best team in the nation with Robbie Hummel its great that we still had an amazing season and people recognized it.

Coach Painter won Big10 Coach of the Year and rightfully so, should have been close to National Coach of the Year. E'twaun Moore was an All-American honorable mention (robbed) and also a First Team Big10 selection, Lewis Jackson was a Big10 honorable mention. Boiler Up!!!!!

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Oh yea, Jajuan Johnson was also the Big10 Defensive Player of the Year as well, my bad. That award stays at Purdue, since 2004 Purdue has Kenny Lowe, David Teague and Kris Kramer (2x) win the award and now Jajuan. Another proof that Nice needs to realize what I usually say goes: I'll say it again, Purdue is one of the hardest/toughest if not the hardest/toughest playing teams in the nation ;)

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Love how SC and national media took it mainstream that BronBron can't hit a big shot in crunch time :D also love how Melo so calmly hit the game winner from deep the other night lol. He's a self proclaimed King, he's not my King!

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WTF did Marv Albert just say???!!!!!! Big Z is going to become the Ukrainian national team coach???? lol I swear that's what he just said during this Lakers vs. Heat game hahahahaha wow

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So, Heat are 2-0 against the "Los Lakers" and 0-9 against everyone else that matters (San Antonio, Boston, Chicago, Dallas)

12. crew92

crew92 Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Pripyat, Ukraine
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the Lakers are shit.

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Not if you watch ESPN. Prior to the all star break the media was murdering them now they're back to their usual Laker nut riding. :rolleyes:

14. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    btw, who are your guys pick for MVP?

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hahaha that's so true I didn't think of that. I remember even when the Pacers beat them in LA the SC highlight was 4 Kobe/Gasol highlights and 1 Pacer which was to clinch the game lay up when the Pacers had like 5 pretty crazy highlights themselves :rolleyes:

I said this a month ago here one night, Derrick Rose for sure. I heard MJ called him that today too ;) I'm going to the Bulls game next fri. can't wait to watch him play, and we got pretty sick seats!

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Good shit man good shit. But knowing MJ it was probably due to him not wanting to praise Kobe, you know how he is. Even if he was sincere with the comment I tink that was the real reason. MJ fears becoming irrelevant with the new age of basketball fans.

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    But Kobe shouldn't be MVP this year over Rose, no way. Not LeBron, only other player I think is as worthy is Nowitzki. But I think its just a no brainer to everyone by now, D-Rose is really it. He's been the most electrifying player, just down right nasty this year even his shooting, and its produced wins without Noah.

18. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    They might give it to Kobe as a life time achievement type of thing.

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Haha no way man. He's not been at the top of his game all year, plus his numbers aren't great and Lakers are a 3 seed most likely. But he's the rare breed that gets better in the Playoffs, so if it was voted after I'd have him a lock ;)

20. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dwight Howard.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow Kobe is such a boss. Was shooting around in Miami for an hour and 20 minutes after the loss. Gave a 2nd interview that night and just let you know this is his job, this is what he does to be the best. Such a killer...whoa

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Anyone hear about Miami scoring 10 pts in the last 40 secs to force OT on Virginia?? They scored 12 pts in 19 minutes and 20 secs and then tied the game and won in OT lol!!!!!!!!! Lost to UNC on a buzzer beater today.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Tomorrow is going to kickoff another potential insane footyfan month of March. Thinking about getting up early tomorrow and seeing my high school play a rival tomorrow at 10 a.m. in a State Regional at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Then we are heading downtown to go watch the Big10 tourney semifinals. After we'll probably try to buy some tix for the Final on Sunday off the losing fans of the semis (a little trick I learned last year at this event, got Nat'l Title tix last year from this :D).

24. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there's a lot of talk on Bay Area sports radio about the Sacramento Kings moving down to Anaheim in the near future. I have some friends up in Sac-town who are really upset, but the Kings have sucked in the recent future if I'm not mistaken. I remember the atmosphere at Arco used to be insane lol, I went to a playoff game there as a teenager and was blown away!

25. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow, you have a time machine? Can you give me numbers?