NSL is now finished

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Auxodium, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Well the Final regular NSL season has finished for the last time for the 27th time. For some clubs it will mean the end of their existance but for some it will last a few more weeks (Power) and for a few not the end. I have been to NSL games since 1996 and i have follwed the National league from the early 90's around the time Olympic beat Marconi in 1989-90 but it has been a fantastic league over the years and i hope the APL can continue on with the aims that the NSL nearly did. :)

2. sammydog

sammydog Member

Jan 6, 2002
    Newcastle, Australia
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was reading in the paper today that the Melbourne Knights had been advertising their game against Sydney United as the last ever game between Melbourne Croatia and Sydney Croatia. After this and the trouble they caused up here a few years ago I will be glad to see the end of them.

What is your call on the finals this year, personally I think it will be a Perth - Adelaide final. I'll even go out on a limb and call a 3-2 victory to perth.

3. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    yes it seems where they go they make trouble! :D Yes i am glad they are gone! I want a new Melbourne side to take their place.