NPSL Team: FC Columbus

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by runningoz, Jan 12, 2018.

1. ColumbusOwl

ColumbusOwl Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Apr 17, 2017
    Well that pretty much cements my feeling that I will not support this venture. The owner’s disbarment for using a client trust account to bilk his own grandmother is very damning and a huge red flag for dishonesty. My dollars will not support such a person.

2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Dispatch confirmed Nyce was disbarred, not that he's the owner of the new team.

3. ColumbusOwl

ColumbusOwl Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Apr 17, 2017
    After some research, you are correct. My apologies. I misread the posts and thought he was an owner in the new team when all he is was an owner in a low level soccer team in the 90s.

TKyle repped this.
  4. thenewXB

thenewXB Member

May 23, 2013
    OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I align with the distinguished Mr Archer. I am not driving 2+ hours for this reason.
    If I ever find myself in the area, sure I will give it a shot.
    Although I admit, when I first read it, I had a delusion of grandeur that the old indoor NPSL might still be around. We always made it to a Crunch game when visiting the friends and fam in Cleveburg. Ahhh, the hay day of Hector Marinaro at Cleveland State University, 'twas a fun time.

5. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know one the people behind this venture. And you are correct it is simply the guys behind Santos FC (a small youth club in town). They saw a void in the opportunities for college age kids to play in the summer in a high level competitive environment and set out looking at NPSL, PDL and probably UPSL. All long before any news broke about Crew. They by no means were looking to try to capitalize on Crew situation. That said, what happens to Crew may affect their long term plans as far as drawing potential fans. Even if Crew stay there is still a need for such a team here in the city.

I personally will check out a game or two, with very low expectations for environment and level of play. Maybe a nice dinner in Grandview and then watch a game. And I hope they are able to have a decent budget and make it a going concern long term.

Just and FYI - those jackwads from Detroit I believe are the first home game of the season. Would be kind of fun to have a great home crowd as they likely will bring some supporters down. They've already been talking shit on this little endeavor.