NPSL 2016

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by ThePonchat, Sep 15, 2015.

1. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Catch-all thread for NPSL news for the 2016 season.

2. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll start...rumors around Cincy are the Saints are pondering a move to Dayton.

They don't (and can't) compete with FC Cincinnati in hopes of moving professional and/or still garnering attendance. So, why not move? Dayton is nearest metro area that could make them viable. Already have PDL Dayton Dutch Lions FC there. So...interesting decision, needless to say.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the Electric City Shock still around?

4. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They played during the 2015 season: http://www.electriccityshock.com/

Don't know their future. Rumors they won't be around?

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their social media outlets have been quiet. Except for placing the 2015 schedule on front page of website, nothing else has been changed since 2014. Awful quiet.

6. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    They are not very good at keeping up a presence during the offseason. Usually, the first noise they make is for tryouts for the upcoming year.

It's a shame too because Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has been a decent hockey & baseball minor league market.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you claiming they have a presence during the season?

ThePonchat repped this.
  8. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Not at all haha. Including friends and family of the players, you may have 50 or so people turn out for the game.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that the point of a social media campaign? Increase awareness, attendance for the sake of consistent and informing tweets, Facebook posts and more than once a year web site updates?

Just pisses me off that such low hanging fruit is being wasted by my hometown club.

10. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds

I completely agree.

It seems like the Rosado's are just happy to have their car dealership name on the jerseys. Besides that, I think the head coach, who used to play for the Pocono Snow, is in charge of all the operations. Not sure if that's the best strategy.

Speaking of them, I wonder if the Snow will be back for the 2016 season.

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    They shifted to gray and neon yellow for this season. Not sure if that's going to continue in the future. It's a bit of an eye sore, especially when it's a sunny day.

But according one of their recent posts, they "plan" on expanding their social media sites in the coming months. I remember awhile back though when they were also "planning" on putting together a women's team, so take it with a grain of salt.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that a Rosado is the team manager now. Son of the Hyundai dealership?

14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this their home kit?
    [​IMG]

15. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Yes. Dickson City Hyundai does well, so I imagine they could afford to do some small advertising for the club IF they wanted.

Yep. I guess it looks more neon green here, but you get the idea. The SWB area isn't really known for a particular color scheme, so I guess they figure we can do whatever the heck we want.

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't? :)

[​IMG]

17. chris570

chris570 Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    People Person, Paper People FC United

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AFC Ann Arbor Joins the NPSL
    The National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) is proud to announce that AFC Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, MI) has joined the league as an expansion team. The club will compete in the Midwest Region.
    “We are thrilled to have another NPSL team in Michigan,” NPSL Chairman Joe Barone commented. “The state and the entire Midwest Region has become a soccer hotbed and the rivalries between clubs there are some of the best in the country.”
    AFC Ann Arbor, also known as “The Mighty Oak,” was founded in 2014 by a group of residents with a desire to have a soccer team in the diverse and passionate sporting city of Ann Arbor. The club is comprised of nine owners, including former Columbus Crew striker Knox Cameron. The ownership group guides the club in a number of business operations including marketing, sponsorships, merchandising, and community outreach.
    “The ownership group felt joining a national and well-established league positioned the club for greater long-term success,” Cameron added. “We are passionate about furthering the competitive landscape within Michigan. Having the opportunity to compete against the likes of Detroit and Lansing bodes well for the growth of the game.”
    Ann Arbor’s technical staff is led by Head Coach and Sporting Director Eric Rudland, who spent the last two seasons at the helm of Lansing United. He led Lansing to a Midwest Region championship in his first season and finished with a 16-6-6 record. Rudland gained further head coaching experience with Spring Arbor University, Madonna University, and Albion College. He also spent time as an assistant coach with Crewe Alexandra FC in England.
    “We bring a lot of excitement following a very successful inaugural season,” AFC Ann Arbor Co-Owner Bilal Saeed added. “Our community has shown strong support for our club as we averaged over 1,200 fans per game in the 2015 season. Our matchday experience creates an exciting atmosphere at Hollway Stadium for soccer fans young and old.”
    AFC Ann Arbor also experienced success off the field, securing shirt sponsorships with the Bank of Ann Arbor and Audi of Ann Arbor. The club expects to immediately compete at a high level and contend for a Midwest Region championship.
    More information about AFC Ann Arbor can be found at www.afcannarbor.com or by following the club on Twitter (@afcannarbor), Instagram (@afcannarbor), and Facebook (www.facebook.com/afcannarbor).

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So nothing about being rejected last year? What about the Great Lakes Soccer League?

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha...I guess that the Ann Arbor check to the NPSL finally cleared the bank...
    It's actually called the Great Lakes Premier League...you know kinda like the EPL but smaller...lol

21. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have grown. Added Toledo United from Toledo, Ohio and Milwaukee Barbarians from Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the 2016 season.

With the loss of AFC Ann Arbor, the GLPL has 6 teams for 2016.

22. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to wonder if the Grand Rapids FC club that's in the Great Lakes Premiere League would move to the NPSL as well. A few more games possibly and with their attendance it may justify that check to the NPSL.

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you ask you shall receive:

Grand Rapids Football Club Joins the NPSL
    The National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) is proud to announce that Grand Rapids Football Club
    (Grand Rapids, MI) has joined the league as an expansion team. The club will compete in the Midwest
    Region.
    “We are thrilled to add yet another team in Michigan,” NPSL Chairman Joe Barone commented. “This
    move will help make the Midwest Region even more competitive. There is sure to be more rivalries,
    which is a major plus for our fans and supporters.”
    The home venue for GRFC is Houseman Field, an 8,000-seat multipurpose facility in Grand Rapids. It
    was built in 1923 and renovated in 2009.
    The club is led by President Matt Roberts, Vice President Chris Deiss, and Head Coach George Moni.
    Roberts, the founder of GRFC, is the Youth Academy Coordinator at Midwest United FC, having worked
    for the club for the past eight years. He currently holds his NSCAA Regional, NSCAA Advanced
    Regional, and NSCAA National Diplomas. In addition to coaching at the club and high school level,
    Roberts also served as an assistant coach with Aquinas College from 2006-2008.
    Deiss, a CPA at Lettinga and Associates, is also a coach with Midwest United. He holds his USSF “D”
    License, NSCAA Advanced National Diploma, and his NSCAA National Diploma. He also has coaching
    experience with Georgetown Rangers and Grand Rapids Crew Juniors.
    Moni is an accomplished coach with a USSF “A” license, UEFA “B” License, and the NSCAA Premier
    Diploma. He is the current Director of Coach and Player Development at Midwest United.
    “We chose to join the NPSL for a chance to win a national championship and create rivalries with
    other Michigan teams,” Roberts added. “We bring another competitive team to an already competitive
    region. We hope to compete for a playoff spot in our first season.”
    GRFC began as a crowdfunding project in March 2014. The club would finish second in the Great Lakes
    Premier League (GLPL) in 2015, averaging 4,500 fans per home game.

More information about GRFC can be found at www.grandrapidsfc.com or by following the club
    on Twitter (@grandrapidsfc), Instagram (@grandrapidsfc), and Facebook
    (www.facebook.com/grandrapidsfc).

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North County Battalion Joins the NPSL
    The National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) is proud to announce that North County Battalion
    (Carlsbad, CA) has joined the league as an expansion team. The club will compete in the West
    Region’s Southwest Conference.
    “We are excited to add another team in the state of California, which has been a stronghold of our
    league for many years,” NPSL Chairman Joe Barone commented. “North San Diego County is an important
    market for soccer and we believe that this owner and club will be very successful there. We wish
    them the very best for the 2016 NPSL season.”
    The club is led by owner Jason Barbato and manager/coach Giovanni Vlahos. Barbato, a lifetime
    Southern California resident and successful realtor, believes that by leveraging his passion to see
    the game grow in North County that he can help propel the game nationally. His desire to partner
    and promote the youth clubs and academies in the county has drawn quick attention and support for
    North County Battalion.
    “The NPSL provided an attractive business model that could bring high level soccer to my
    community,” Barbato added. “I have wanted and waited for a higher level club to present itself
    within a shorter driving span than what is currently available and decided that if I felt this way
    then scores of other soccer fans in my community felt the same way too. Turns out I was right and
    we are so excited to be a part of the NPSL and bring a team to our area.”
    Vlahos is the current head coach of men’s soccer at Saint Katherine College. A coach with
    impressive credentials, Vlahos possesses a USSF "A" license, a NSCAA Goalkeeping Level III Diploma,
    and a USSF National Youth license. He is also on the staff of the Del Mar - Carmel Valley Sharks.
    “We anticipate a great response from our community and local youth clubs to come out and support
    their local team,” Barbato concluded. “We have already begun to connect with many of the youth
    clubs and programs in the community and they are excited to partner up with us. We aim to field an
    exciting product on the field and a brand that our supporters can be proud of and rally around.
    NC Battalion has secured Adidas as the club’s kit partner and Fan & Fuel as their brand identity
    and marketing firm.

More information about the NC Battalion can be found at www.NCBattalion.com or by
    following the club on Twitter (@NCBattalion), Instagram (@NCBattalion), and Facebook
    (www.facebook.com/northcountybattalion).

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.littlerockrangers.com/html/ABOUT.html

About The LR Rangers...
    The Little Rock Rangers Soccer Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
    In 2016 the LR Rangers were accepted to compete in the Southeast Division of the National Premier Soccer League. Our games are played at historic War Memorial Stadium in the heart of Little Rock.

soccersubjectively repped this.