NPFL Week 38 (Final Day)

Discussion in 'Africa' started by aegibson, Sep 9, 2017.

1. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a champion!

Plateau United have won the 2017 NPFL thanks to a 2-0 win over Rangers.

MFM FC lost 2-1 to El Kanemi but had already secured second place and will join Plateau in the CAF Champions league.

Enyimba's 1-0 victory over Kastina United means they will return to Aba with a CAF Confederation Cup ticket.

ABS and Shooting Stars will join Gombe United and Remo Stars in the Nigeria National League next year.

Off the pitch, The Nigerian Television Authority will take over broadcast duties from Super Sport. They televised the El Kanemi - MFM match, as well as streamed it on their YouTube page.

No word on when the new season begins.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ae4c3b06e04de74b8bf0c472eaf6d79e0314280b5e7aa22c2486af79f1c4d9b2.jpg

Of course we're not getting out of the season without "SOMETHING", this is Nigeria after all. The Gombe United - Wikki Tourist match was abandoned in the 63rd minute. Now, since it was a pitch invasion by Gombe fans, Gombe should be punished. But nooooo, the LMC is considering playing the last 27 minutes at a neutral venue. The significance of this is if Gombe wins the match, Wikki will be relegated ahead of Shooting Stars on goal difference.

I'll keep you posted.

3. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The League Management Company has ordered the Gombe United v Wikki Tourist match replayed in Madiguri (El Kanemi Warriors pitch) on Saturday September 16th behind closed doors. They've also fined Gombe and banished them from their home pitch for 2 years, although it doesn't begin until (if) they return to the NPFL.

I hope the NTA broadcast the match. I hope Wikki doesn't lose and I hope Shooting Stars are relegated, their fans have been real idiots throughout all of this.

Unak78 repped this.
  5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got your wish. Gombe 0-2 Wikki. What doesn't make sense is that I got the score that says "finished" from www.flashscore.com which says the game started at 11:00 A.M. my time, and a game that started then can't be over yet.

6. aegibson

aegibson Member

Liverpool FC and Enyimba
    United States
    Nov 25, 1999
    Hayward, CA, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, instead of a full replay, they resumed from the point of abandonment, the 28th minute.