Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It doesn’t matter . What matters is what was the question ?

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As far as I remember, there have been Busquets rumours many summers. Normal that other clubs are interested in him. While I wouldn't worry too much, the club would be smart to make the situation secure (imo). If I'm City, I'd make a good offer (and highlight the fact that he has achieved everything in Barcelona he can, except for being a one-club-man, which is something that he might value high or low).

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    oh no! someone said something!!!!

[​IMG]

unclesox and BocaFan repped this.
  4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    What's the point of this thread if you're just going to be obtuse ?

Turns out we are at a stalemate with Busqs on his contract talks so he's been obviously linked with other teams most notably Man City .
    Iniesta's comment was in regards of this apparently...

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The annoying thing is that he is already really well paid at Barca (14M a season), contract goes till 2021 or longer, buyout is 200M, all of which is to say we love you Busi but what the f%ck, we need to (1) improve the squad, (2) keep players with lower buyouts and/or earlier ending contracts (UMTITI), (3) sell a few players who are surplus (GOMES, Paco if we bring in Fortnite, Vidal, Rafinha, Turan, Munir, etc.). Then we might consider improving the wages of one of our highest earners.

OK, found the source and confirmed what I wrote,
    On Sept. 22, 2016, Sergio Busquets signed a new Barcelona deal in the presence of president Josep Maria Bartomeu. It was a five-year deal until 2021 with the option of two more years (?club option?). The new terms placed him among the best paid players at the club, Messi and Iniesta apart. The midfielder earns 14 million euros, with another 2.6 million added to that after titles won this season. His release clause is 200 million.
    https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    If his buyout is 200M, why should we be worried? I must be missing something....

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    My only worry would be if we lose him ...

8. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is going to pay 200 million for Busi?

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's what I was getting at. He's 30. We have no worries.

Next.

10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If there are players who we need to worry losing about because of low release clauses this summer, they are Umtiti (60m) and nobody else. He is 24, and one of the very best CBs right now. Many major clubs would be smart to tempt him.

11. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He is lazy as hell and the main reason we lost against Roma , best CB my ass :ROFLMAO:

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's BS but believe what you want.

13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    BS ?!?! ever since he started asking for more money he has been utter shit in every single game he played in all competitions , but i guess i'm the only one who saw that :confused:

TitoTata and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What difference does it make? Just give him what he deserves and he'll be back playing great again.

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    No .. I'm not convinced about either tbh

16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I didn't say he is the best CB, I said one of the bests (which he obviously is).

The whole team was **** in Rome, not just him. But no CB is always great. Big league winners Barca, City and Bayern all crumbled in CL when it mattered, CL finalists had league seasons that weren't exactly brilliant - this includes CB performances as well.

The intensity dropped after every title race was solved, but again that was the whole team. How is he lazier than, say, Messi or Suarez?

And regarding money, it's understandable that players seek to get paid, and there are factors which invite salary raise questions. With Umtiti, for example, an increased role in the team (he is a starter now, which he wasn't before) and a new criteria of how much players cost. This is not only because of Neymar, but also because of what clubs like Pool and City have paid of defenders. Any club is free to pay 60, and employ him. From Barca's point of view, it's too low a figure, and as such, when he gets the well-deserved raise, the contract will include a notably higher buy-out clause.

17. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's not how it works , you can't just ask for more money and just stop playing like you give a shit until your demands are met , that is disgusting and if i was the coach i would've sent his greedy ass to Barca B or even C to teach him a lesson :cautious:

and it was so freaking obvious as well , he didn't even try to hide it a little , have no idea how people aren't furious about his behavior o_O

18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    there's a difference between a player getting distracted and actually downing tools like you suggest.

Umtiti had his head turned but he hasn't done anything wrong.

[​IMG]

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Seems the tide might be shifting towards Griezmann staying at Atleti for one more season. Them winning the Europa League might turn out to be the worst thing that happened to Barca this month. If they lost, maybe Griezmann would be starving for a trophy by now, but now perhaps not so much. :unsure:

At least we know he'll make up his mind in the next 10 days or so, hence if this doesn't work out there is still time for Barca to get someone else.

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

wouldn't be too surprising, ManU was pretty convinced they had him in the bag this time last year.

but that would be pretty embarrassing for Bartomeu after all the noise.

22. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How come everyone seemed adamant Griezmann was a done deal ??

25. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most still are pretty sure it will happen, but his clause doesn't go down until July 1, Barca was already charged with meddling so they are not saying anything. Griezmann was already jeered by home fans at the Wanda, so perhaps he doesn't want to pour gasoline on the fire ahead of getting ready for world cup. Or worse, maybe he is listening to other entreaties from Atleti or other clubs, who might also be willing to pay the 100M and offer better salary assuming Barca does not have a binding agreement with him and his sister. But it is telling that he does not appear in the ad for Atleti's new kit.