Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't see how us signing a key attacker would mean a key attacker would have to leave. We don't need more players (numerically), but we need more "quality depth". It's a long, long season, especially after the World Cup. The problem with fitting a new key attacker into equation more or less only exists if we think our team is XI only, but it isn't.

ShortyMac repped this.
  2. IniestaDaHomewrecka

IniestaDaHomewrecka New Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 12, 2018
    We would be foolish to sell Dembele... is all I can say. He even said Barcelona is his dream club.. so we have a young world talent... that is willing to have the attitude of a La Masia player... with unlimited talents.. he is already explosive.. and you can tell he is a "thinking" player as well. This kid is destined for greatness if we bring him up right. Selling Dembele might would crush his spirits a bit too.. having just got here. With a player like Dembele i think we should definitely give him more time.. because with the little time he has been out there he has shown he can play with the team... the question now is consistency and fitness after having gone through his injury and fitness problems this season.

I also think we should play Mina more..

ShortyMac and TitoTata repped this.
  3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    But he needs space to utilise that fabulous pace he has - as shown last night .

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd guess he will continue to understand space creation and utilisation within our tactics better and better, and he will be very fine. It's not like he is a 100m sprinter inserted into a football team.

5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bio2efcl-SM/?hl=en

From Vidal Instagram : " In spite of everything I am grateful, although I am not as I would like, I am not bad either. I'm still here ... standing up, giving a fight, and I may fall, but I'm clear that I'm not staying on the ground."

so does that mean he is leaving ? if so then i feel sorry for him to not be giving the chance to prove himself , if he and Denis were played as much as craperto and shitmes they would've proven themselves by time i think.

same exact thing with Mina , that idiot coach of ours would rather keep a guy injured 11 out of 12 months as back up CB than give Mina the chance , same exact shit happened to Marlon last year.

6. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Aleix. Sad he's never given the opportunities to play.

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I like Aleix as well.

I'd have to say, though, that I fail to see how he never got a chance. He has been part of the club for a couple of years, and has been analysed by two different head coaches (and their staff), who see him train daily. He is a very good player, but after Alves left, there was no impossible competition in RB, and he couldn't make the spot his own.

He has played 24 matches this season, which is significantly more than under Enrique. If he had shown that he can outplay S. Roberto, I'm sure Valverde would've made him his first-choice RB, but he hasn't.

condor11 and evil_allan repped this.
  8. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    So if see the scene like griezzman here only because of the price and the price to sign a good striker next year will be way higher, also his versatility

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't get his signing even if Dembele goes away.

10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    How come?

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He fills the same place typically Messi does .

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    he can also play as a 9 or on either wing. and Messi and especially Suarez can't keep playing every minute of every game

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure he can play that well as a 9. He used to play as a winger true, but he has been great in the supporting striker position.

True Barca needs rotation ... just not sure all players will be happy with significant less minutes than they are used to because that'd be the only way to not bench one of them for too many games that it'd piss them off.

14. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    He is a very good player who can play all across the forward line and costs only 100 mio as against every other big player costing 200 mio. So it is a no brainer for me. We will be overloaded on the forward line with Messi,Suarez, Antoine,dembele and coutinho but with Suarez and Messi at their age,they should be playing less and less next season.

Also these signings have nothing to do with dembele not playing, dembele will play much more when we have a 3 man midfield which can keep the ball. So Arthur and fabian, sooner they come the better it is.

15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I hope we have some plans in place for the summer transfers !!

Hazard has apparently said he's got a decision to make over the next few weeks or so .. he said he wants to win the CL .

Jees , imagine Neymar and Hazard turning out for Real Madrid up against Rakitic and Sergi Roberto :)

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I understand Messi, Suarez player less. But I'd imagine less means 10%-15%, not 30-40%. Does that open enough space to keep all players happy ? With Iniesta gone I guess that will give Coutinho more space, but I am seriously worried at the defensive aspect when too many of those players are on the same line up. This team has not pressed well up the pitch as they used to.

17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  18. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great ... another ********ing midget to add to our squad and suffer against bunker teams then ask Pique to go forward for Plan B as usual :cautious:

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you talking about Greizman? You do know that he is very good in the air don't you?

BocaFan repped this.
  20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Griezmann is 175cm, not exactly "a midget", more of an average height like D. Villa or Neymar, or Salah.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Its almost as if you've never seen Griezmann.

Trillz repped this.
  22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    2018-19?

-----Suarez----Messi----Griezmann?--
    ------Denis-----Munir?----Dembele------
    ----Coutinho---Sergio---Rakitic--------
    ------Arthur?---Roberto---Alena---------
    ---Alba---Umtiti---Pique---Odriozola?--
    -Cucurella?--Lenglet?--Mina?--Semedo-
    ----------------TerStegen----------------------
    -----------------Cillessen-----------------------

lots of question marks going into this summer.

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    What's all this about Sergio Busqs possibly leaving !?!?'

Andres Iniesta: Barcelona losing Sergio Busquets would be 'colossal mistake' - ESPN

It's bad enough that Sky won't be showing La Liga games :(

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil