Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yea, Munir could be useful. if he's happy with a squad role.

2. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Andre Gomes will solve the midfield problem of Manchester united and if they have brains they will do that.

3. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Paco will stay but if Griezmann comes, I see paco leaving.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    We seemed to offload him just when he was looking like quite a decent option

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :laugh:

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Not a fan of him ?!

He may do amazingly well at a fresh club .

Crazy to suggest he isn't a talented guy. You know we got him when Zidane and Real Madrid were desperate to sign him ...

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Arthur in Jan for 30m.

8. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Arthur done, wow. Now we are in.

Gonna be interesting.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Which January? 2019?

10. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
  11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Jan 2019 although we are supposedly considering loaning him back to them for a season and saving £5 million ... Daft if you ask me .... that's nearly two years away ..

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'd prefer a six-month loan, if possible. And be with Barca for preseason 2019.

13. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    January 2019 is the date by which Coutinho will get his Portuguese passport and if he gets it before August, then Arthur will join this year.

unclesox, Gilmango and evil_allan repped this.
  14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, had not read that exact thing but for sure what is keeping Arthur from joining in the summer is that at present we have the maximum of 3 players without EU passports: Coutinho, Mina, and Paulinho. We also still own Douglas who still is without an EU passport, and is under contract till 2019. So we must keep Douglas off our club (duh), and need Coutinho to get EU passport (his wife is Portuguese), before Arthur can join. Eventually Paulinho would be the next to qualify but I'm not sure if his 2 years in England helps his cause or not, and whether Brexit might even come into play there.

Found this online, https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/918205/Philippe-Coutinho-nationality-Barcelona-transfer

Coutinho’s wife, Aine, is Portuguese and the player is able to register as a Portuguese citizen after three years of marriage. Philippe Coutinho will not, however, switch footballing allegiances to Portugal and is still due to represent Brazil at Russia 2018. It is the same method of nationality change that Luis Suarez undertook in 2014, shortly after joining Barcelona. Suarez is married to an Italia, Sofia Balbi, and the Uruguayan was therefore able to obtain Italian citizenship and free up a non-EU space in Barca’s side.

I had to look it up Coutinho married in 2012. Which hopefully means he can get it done expeditiously this summer so we can welcome Arthur to preseason training camp after the World Cup. Especially important if Iniesta takes the big salary on offer in China.

Trillz repped this.
  15. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Arthur Melo is definitely a great signing for us. He was the best player in Copa Libertadores 2017 btw and won them the copa.

16. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What to make of this rumor.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Transfer rumors have been a way for news sites to get clicks for a long time now. But I don't quite remember this absurdity surrounding Neymar's transfer since he went to PSG. Since the first day, every day there is speculation of him going to Madrid. I mean, they are not even waiting a whole season before printing rumors after rumors. Now PSG want to get Coutinho just over a month after his transfer ? :ROFLMAO:

I did see Mbappe show first signs of frustration yesterday after being subbed again for Di Maria after the 60 min mark. I figure that would happen sooner than later. But I don't see him leaving any time soon. PSG will get rid of Di Maria soon enough to please him. I think this rumor with Neymar is BS. I still contend that the main reason Neymar left was to play more freely as he used to at Santos. Money and being a protagonist obviously counted. And I wouldn't put it past him to have also considered getting going to Paris to get that girlfriend of his back who seems to love Paris.

Trillz repped this.
  18. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If we’re to work under the assumption that Griezmann will arrive this summer (which I do believe), then we should disregard such outlandish rumors.

I know they’re not thinking this way, but if PSG is to get rid of either Neymar or M’bappe, I’d sell Net to LPB for a profit and roll with M’bappe. Younger, arguably just as talented, and a French national.

19. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    why would Coutinho want to go there, of all places, so soon after landing his dream move?

tell them they can have Gomes for M'bappe or ******** off.

BocaFan, celito, Gilmango and 1 other person repped this.
  20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would have taken Mbappe before Coutinho in the last summer transfer season. But Mbappe never looked like a possibility. Seems ludicrous now.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Exactly. Liverpool --> PSG is already backward step, nevermind Barca --> PSG. Nobody would be that stupid! Oh wait... :whistling:

22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why the hell is our stupid board planning to buy Greizmann who’s already 27. Except for the Euros he hasn’t impressed me one bit. The guy also chokes in big games which ain’t a good thing for our standard.

23. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mbappe seems to be more talented than Neymar.

TitoTata repped this.
  24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He's cheap. Isn't his buyout €100mn? Definitely worth it.

He's only one year older than Coutinho.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So where would Griezmann fit into our team / system ??

Seem to be struggling to get Coutinho and Dembele in as it is :)