Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    he should have never come back to Barca....

Forzabarca repped this.
  2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it could only be structured as a loan as, in order to buy back, we had to keep him for a year (not sell him immediately). He had decent moments passing, plays defense better now, but never seemed to score which probably started weighing on him. Given the loss of Neymar and the injury to Dembele (or the risk of injury to anyone of our forwards), and the 12M price vs. the inflated market, and his play and Milan, it was understandable we brought him back.

What is troubling is that now we have another loaned out player, and when we can actually sell him (July 1st), we will have to share any price he gets (presumably only to the extent above the 12M) with Everton. And his wages likely make it harder to sell him to a Serie A club, where he did his best, instead he may be stuck in EPL or Liga, where his salary can be met, but may stifle bids north of the 12M we already paid.

So, I agree, we don't want to see him back, but if we cannot arrange a transfer in July-early August, he will be back with us in training camp.

3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we got very good money for Neymar, before that we were well paid for Bravo, Pedro, Cesc, Sanchez, and Yaya (off the top of my head, probably a few others), we've also been paid well for a few La Masia players. But for our first team squad players, you are right, we pay them really high wages and if they don't become Barca starters (or at least young players who contribute) we struggle to find teams which can afford their wages, and are also willing to pay us a transfer fee too.

Trillz repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Dortmund have activated the release clause of Sergio Gomez, 17, for €3.3mn. Don't know much about him, but hopefully he doesn't turn into another Thiago now that Barca have lost him.

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, already noted in the Other Teams thread. :oops:

8. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ron, they are two completely different players you are talking about... Just in case you missed it :p :ROFLMAO:

unclesox repped this.
  9. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    sigh every time i hear that name i get depressed ... :unsure:

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Forzabarca and puyol repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't even regret Alves. Sure he could've given us one more good season for sure, but we probably would've had to sign him to a long, expensive contract.

Not worth it if he only makes us better in one season (206-17). Roberto has surpassed him IMO.

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Hahahha Sergio Roberto surpassed Dani Alves? Are you high or something? He's never ever going to even fill one if Dani Alves shoes! Jeee guys.

puyol repped this.
  14. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Very bad piece of business. Any other team could have sold them want aways for much much more money. Barça board are clueless idiots. Buying half average over hyped players for 100M€+ and loaning out potential 10-20M€ in this market while Messi is the one still carrying the team and people drool over Coutinho and Dembélé. So far shit business for 2017-2018 if you ask me. Perhaps 2018-1019 will be different but now it's a frickin sewer.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    umm... he's 35. Its not like we would be getting the 28 year-old Dani for 4 years if we extended his contract!

I'm sure he still looks decent playing against potato and cognac farmers in Ligue 1, but there would have come a point where he simply couldn't play 2 games/week for us against top competition.

16. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Look at last game umtiti's handball , the ball came from a throw in which craperto ********ed up and instead of letting it go to Paulinho behind him to clear it he decides to jump like a dumbass and head the ball into the box to Munir who could've gotten a PK with Umtiti's block

He can't judge crosses for shits , and this one was a freaking throw in , there is no way in hell we are going to win the CL with this idiot playing in the defense , but what would i expect from a coach who prefers to play shitmes ...

17. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think the idea is that we never got a dime for those players (they were loaned out till contracts ran out, or allowed to rescind contract to sell elsewhere for free). With Grimaldo and Thiago we did get paid, just not as much as their market value.

19. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Tend to agree .. no comparison at RB .

Roberto makes some great runs through midfield ( where he should play ahead of Paulhino and Rakitic) .

At RB Roberto is a bit of a liability especially when he gives away careless balls in dangerous positions.

Samedo is a far better option at RB who just needs games to get used to the way we play ..

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He prefers to play Gomeshit over who? He's played about 400 minutes in the league this season, and a bunch of those were coming in when the match was already salted away. #facts

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's not on Roberto, that's on the collective. If communication is there, he would've known better what to do. It's normal for a def to try to get the ball there. Yeah, what would you expect from Valverde? He's having such a poor first season might as well call him Crapverde.

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    oh, i didn't get that. not sure that even makes sense though since half of that team is still on the books for Barca, just out on loan. Munir, Deulofeu, Rafinha, Douglas and Marlon all still have contracts with FCB, so obviously we don't get paid for players we still have on our books. one or two of those guys might even still have a future at FCB.

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Another loan coming right up this summer as no one wants Andre Shitmes.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, sadly its looking less and less likely that we will be able to offload him for a decent transfer fee. We can stop dreaming about €40 or €30 million after his last couple of outings. If we can sell him to Milan for a good cappuccino-maker I'd be happy at this point. The main thing is for him to go away so that the salary allocated to him can go to someone with potential.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'd get Munir back and sell Paco and the others you mentioned