Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Both!

I can partially think it's despicable behavior from both Neymar and Coutinho. Signing contracts just to have shortly after breaking/wanting to break them, one for money the other one for his type of club/style/history?!

You guys can make up whatever Cinderella story you want. Celito for being Brazilian?! I can understand cause he's biased. Dembele was also bad no doubt. I don't care cause they wanted to come to Barcelona but if you both were Liverpool fans you'd think differently.

There is no honor anywhere these days. When this shit happens you respect players like Totti, Maldini Gerrard and so on (I'd throw Xavi in there but that prick went and got his hands dirty with Qatar oil and blood money).

2. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    It's not as common in England and a little more complicated than Spain but they exist. Suarez had one with Liverpool that Arsenal tried to activate at one point. There might have been a gentlemen's agreement between Coutinho and LFC also that they failed to act on in good faith so who's to say. Mostly, it was a difficult situation for everyone given the timing.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

******** Liverpool. I understand they didn't want to lose Coutinho but asking 200M€ in last minute? Pathetic! Barca should have given up long time ago and made a official statement and washed their hands clean from a mess they should have seen coming. I feel for Coutinho cause he was used but he's a grown man he should know the consequences.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Totti was born in Rome, Roma fan through and through. Maldini was born in Milan, father played for Milan. Gerrard in Liverpool, same deal. Xavi is from Catalunya. Exactly my point of players having a strong association to those teams. I guess with that rationale Neymar should have stayed at Santos, Coutinho at Vasco, and etc ... they should never come to Europe and sell out for money.

5. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Plenty of players have been born in Rome, Milan, Barca who have left so your argument isn't waterproof. It's the character of the players. Then what you're really saying is that all Brazilian players are mercenaries for money and fame right? Cause that's sure how it sounds like.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Initially Brazilians came to Europe for money because our league were not really inferior back in the day. Now that all talent goes to Europe from all over the world, it has become about playing at the top level as well. Lots of not cream of the crop Brazilians go to Ukraine, China, etc ... for money because after all, a footballer's career is short. Your sue of the word mercenary to describe this is completely simplistic.

While I agree staying with the same team for a whole career is very admirable, moving to other teams is does not represent lack of character. It does not make that person a bad person.

pouria.enaei repped this.
  7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Absolutely not! Moving around is fine but how you do it is a different story, isn't it?!

A club makes an offer, your club accepts/you agree personal terms and then you move. But what Neymar, did, what Coutinho did, what Dembele did what Suarez did what Cesc did, what Figo did etc.. whining, going on strike, crying and so on, bad back, all the charades, lying. Please! Grow up! You're under contract, a contract that you and your club and agent agreed on and signed. Maybe if you really really don't love your club who's paying you way too much money then don't ********ing sign long contracts that you can't break loose from.

If Perez can put anti-Barca clause in all LPB players contacts then sure as hell you can put something similar as in favorite club in yours if you really don't like to live in a shitty town like Liverpool or country like England. It's simple math!

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    You do understand that a contract does not mean crap to a club when they decide they have had enough of you

also if players were more like totti, maldini, Gerrard then ronaldinho would have never left gremio, Suarez never left nacional, Henry never have left monaco, Cristiano Ronaldo sporting Lisbon, zlatan with malmo, Rooney with Everton..etc

Sometimes fans forget the pro part of pro football

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree if Neymar did set it all up with that buy out clause 1 year in advance, then it was very slight handed. But then again, if he didn't do it and had thoughts of leaving, then he'd be stuck like Coutinho. Barca could (maybe they tried) have negotiated a higher buy out clause. They weren't technically forced to agree to the deal although it's true Neymar had leverage. From a business perspective, it was the right move for him. Not so great for Barca. But better than if he would have left for free by waiting for the contract to run out no ? That'd be much worse for Barca.

10. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    I'm ok with Cristiano never leaving Sporting... :whistling:

pouria.enaei repped this.
  11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Him and Pepe are so easy to detest aren't they ..

12. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. R.Baggio

R.Baggio Member

Apr 22, 2013
    This and the news about interest in De Ligt make me wonder: Have they suddenly come to their senses? Or are they just manoeuvring, with Benedict's movement firmly in their minds? I hope it's the former, because if promoting players from La Masia to first team is not happening at the moment, signing youngsters with potential is the next best thing (in my books, at least).

As for Maxime, I trust Zidane's judgement when it comes to French youngsters, and he said nice things about the kid.

TitoTata repped this.
  14. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I saw something about that on Twitter . It mentioned that we may be paying the bulk of his wages as well !?! Hopefully not !

16. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Then he should stay. No point in him playing for another team and we pay his huge salary. Rather have him available incase there is a lot of injuries or suspensions.

TitoTata, puyol and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Neymar didn't break his contract. He exercised a clause within his contract.

unclesox, celito and evil_allan repped this.
  18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

If he wanted to leave then why sign a ********ing contract just to exercise a clause in it 10 months later? For me he broke a contract with the club, fans and team mates, call it what you want but the way he did it was dispicapel.. Soon worse than Figo when it's all settling in. He's apparently have a verbal agreement with LPB. Neymar will play for LPB soon enough and he's just taking a detour to make it look better. ********ing snake!

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article says that the Yerry Mina is truly settled, he will move here next summer after the World Cup (Colombia in 3rd place so looking likely). He'll be 23 at that time and presumably Verm will leave (and Marlon still on loan for 1 more year, so hopefully Masch stays at least that further year). Now: Pique, Umtiti, Masch, Verm. Next Year: Pique, Umtiti, Masch, Mina. Two years from now: Pique, Umtiti, Mina, Marlon. Of course all that assumes we don't splash out on another CB, or god forbid, develop one in La Masia.
    http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/yerry-mina-will-arrive-after-world-cup-2018-6276916

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well I hope we have people scouting at Alaves !!

Zidane Jnr looks a proper player ... playing in his dad's position he reminds of a mix between Zidane and Busqs :)

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    you cannot be serious.....;)

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Don't go looking for a headline ....

Not suggesting he's as good as either .....

He shows glimpses of both , the way he receives and controls the ball plus he moves and lays the ball off like his dad did ...

23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    irrelevant poetry aside, Sport says Barca is planning to sign Seri in January.