Now or Never | The 2017-18 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yes. 1 year loan. No option for Alaves to buy him.

interesting team

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    evil_allan repped this.
  3. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    I think it means the board hates us.

4. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    So we have, what, an hour and a half to go...?

5. Progott

Progott Member

Nov 3, 2007
    soo, nothing happened?

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'm amazed nothing happened with all those rumours flashing around this evening .

I think we are gonna struggle tbh ..

Losing Neymar is a massive loss even losing Munir seems daft given our attacking options

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Did even one player in Europe get trasferred yesterday? The real deadline was the 31st.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah , I'm sure a couple left the EPL to Spanish clubs ...sadly Coutinho wasn't one of them - poor guy . Sounds like he's had his spirit broken .

Oddly enough the few Liverpool fans who actually wanted him to stay ( at the end) are presuming that he will just go back and carry on as though nothing has happened .

I see us getting him in the Jan window at a much lower price !

9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who are you qouting for numbers of liverpool fans

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I frequent quite a few Footie forums and he's less popular there than Gomes is ,with our fans .

I've noticed a few are coming round to him but that's now , after the deadline .

There were also quite a few polls / surveys around asking wether they wanted him to stay or go - the longer it went on the more wanted him gone - the Brazil training session and the recent developments can't have helped .

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A few goals and good performances will make those feelings disappear real quick.

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well we will soon know one way or another !

The only time I can remember a player doing well after having his move prevented was ManU's keeper De Gae .

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I hope they crucify him that betraying ungrateful bastard. Why did he even want to play for Barca which are a more mess than Liverpool. [emoji23] [emoji23]

If any player would have pulled this charade with Barca then I'd hate him for ever, even if he scores winner in CL final. No character no love. Don't understand players who sign lengthy contracts and then whine. Hope he'll have a shit season.

14. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    most of them are international fans not locals who goto the stadium, providing phil gives his best we will support him just like suarez when he tried to force a move to arsenal

TitoTata repped this.
  15. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    err suarez to arsenal

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Barca's failed signings XI:

[​IMG]

Bench:
    Insigne; Bernardo Silva; Seri; Lemar ...

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What charade ? He put in a transfer request and made it clear he was interested in moving. I am not sure why you don't get it. You base your analysis on too much emotion. He signed a 5 year deal because his previous deal probably did not correspond with how important his contributions became to the team. That's what you do when you have leverage. It's not him saying, I want to play here for the next 5 years. There are always unforeseen variables that will come up in those 5 years, and the Barca interest is something he probably felt was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Something that was not on the radar 6 months or a year ago. So the only question was how much was Liverpool willing to take to let him go. Perfectly normal. There is no betrayal. I repeat the only guy who was Judas was Figo because he kept saying until the last minute he wasn't moving.

And why should he show love for Liverpool ? He is not British, he is not from Liverpool and had no previous connection with them. At least with Barca they had some great Brazilian players that Brazilians could build some sort of connection with. Plus, living in Barcelona is probably much nicer than Liverpool. One of the reasons Ronaldinho never went to Manchester.

condor11, TitoTata and unclesox repped this.
  18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Really? No betrayal? What about the back problem? Faking it is as much betrayal as anything else. He played Barca filthy game and it didn't work. So he's no angel. Then if you're going to whine then sign a clause if your dream club comes along that you won't be held hostage. As a player you have all the leverage, just as Neymar who fooled the board with the low 222M€ clause. He owned Bart and the board. I hope Coutinho gets what he deserves. With this I'm not saying Dembele is a saint either. It's disgraceful how things turned out. But it's all Barca and Barts making. They need to leave asap.

Also Neymar's betrayal is almost as bad as Figo, don't you be defending that filthy snake either. I'm glad he's become Cavani's bitch [emoji23] ooh wait Mbappe as well [emoji23]

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Again, he put in a transfer request. Couldn't be more clear. The back issue was probably not only a Coutinho excuse, it was in coordination with Liverpool. I find it stupid, just admit clearly you're negotiating with another club and the player won't play until then.

As you know, there are no saints in football. Neither players nor the club directors.

20. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    barca looks lovely but it needs to sort its drains out, better weather too but lots of minging beggars.

every city has its flaws but if you are from a hot country its obvious, but then alot of africans prefer england

much nicer though? not for me and I have been there several times

21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Can't tell if you're messing or being serious - Coutinho 'bahaved how he did' to push through a move to us ...
    That's admirable behaviour in my book , nobody could have seen Liverpool refusing to sell , especially given their midfield and forward play riches .

22. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Na ... Not comparable --- we only got him after he bit Chiellini ...

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Perfecto post !!

24. CO18

CO18 Member

Jul 22, 2015
    At best it was incredibly dumb of him to sign a contract without a release clause knowing that he wasn't at his dream club. Especially considering the Barca rumblings started well before. He could have been upfront about his Barca aspirations and negotiated a club specific release clause even. Absent that, he unequivocally committed to Liverpool and then went back on that just a few months later. That's the business of football obviously but let's not act like LFC or their supporters shouldn't be a bit put off by his behavior.

R.Baggio and Forzabarca repped this.
  25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wrote it earlier, committing to a team for X years is more about getting more money.

As for release clause, I know it's not mandatory in England but it is in Spain. Don't know how common it is in England but that's a fair point, but hindsight is 20/20.