November U18 camp in Chula Vista, CA

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With 17 days until the start of camp, we probably won't get an announcement for a few weeks.

Amaya is a 2001, so presumably this will initiate the reset of the YNT cycle with the 99s graduating to the "U20" label after playing under the U18 banner last month in Spain.

2. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bolded made me LOL!

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #3 ussoccer97531, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Give me this roster.

GK: Khris Shakes, Nicholas Defreitas-Hansen, David Ochoa
    DF: John Hilton, Ian Hoffman, Nelson Martinez, Julian Araujo, Leonardo Sepulveda, Nathan Toledo, Victor Rangel
    MF: Taylor Booth, Michael Pellegrino, Indiana Vassilev, Mario Anaya, Thomas Roberts, Konrad de la Fuente, Ulysses Llanez, Jose Rivas, Luis Arriaga
    FW: Bryan Reynolds, Justin Butler, Stefan Stojanovic, Arman Samimi

Just missed: Judson Burns, Azriel Gonzalez, Gabe Segal

Pl@ymaker and TheFalseNine repped this.
  4. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask and ye shall receive.

5. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the camp will be open? I live like 5 minutes away from where they will be

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  7. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    I've got to ask, do you keep a spreadsheet by year with all these names? How far back does it go, U12? Or do you do this off the top of your head. Either way, impressive. Makes Travis Clark look like Colin Cowherd.

9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Not available? Why not, he turned? Or is it Page as in Pager? Not clear we could use a player named Page anyway. Isn't it Paige with an 'i' and isn't that normally a girl's name? What am I missing?

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #11 ussoccer97531, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Its mostly off memory, but sometimes I look at some posts I've made to remind myself.

I think I have a good grasp U-15 and up.

I know a few U-12 and U-13 names who are scoring goals, playing at higher age groups, but really only a few. For all I know, I'm completely unaware of the next Pulisic at some unknown DA, its hard to know much. Wouldn't be able to say much of anything about these players, haven't watched any of them play, just have a few names that I would consider players to keep track of their progress. I'm not even sure I'd bother to watch players of that age, too young to form much of a meaningful opinion, but I think its good to keep a list of potential good players, and see how that list develops over a few years.

U-14 I've seen a few of them play (Nyeman, Sealy), I have a list of maybe 10 or so to keep track of. U-15 I have a better grasp of, I've seen, lets say like, 2/3 of the notable players who make these rosters, and a few of them (Reyna, Bello, Scally) close to ten times, if not already ten. U-16, U-17, U-18, it really just depends. Sometimes there's one, two, three players on a roster I have never watched and know nothing about, but usually from those age groups when they call in their main rosters I've seen them play before, some of the players in those age groups like Reynolds, Booth, Carleton, Durkin, Sargent, Pomykal, Taitague, Gonzalez, Adams, I've seen play a lot.

12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, does anyone who posts on this forum not do spreadsheets?!

13. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Llanez posted an Instagram photo of him along with his '01 YNT teammates, with a caption saying he's "going to be back with the boys" or something like that. Not sure what happened to the post.

Tactical Hipster repped this.
  14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Our YNTs now actually have a Rando goalkeeper.

mike4066 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  15. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 ChuckMe92, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Via O When The Yanks/USA Prospects, here's the roster:
    [​IMG]
    One interesting new name is Owen Otasowie, a central midfielder for Wolverhampton U18s. He's the tallest field player on this US roster.

The other abroad-based name, Jerry Ayon at Monarcas Morelia, has previously been at a U16 camp when he was based in California: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...-players-to-northern-california-training-camp

Notable abroad-based names missing include Konrad de la Fuente, Ian Hoffmann, Nicolas Defreitas-Hansen, a handful of '01s at Bayern Munich, among others. Some domestic-based names missing include Taylor Booth, Bryan Reynolds, Xuxuh Hilton, Indiana Vassilev, among others.

bballshawn, ielag, Pl@ymaker and 2 others repped this.
  16. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The omission I don't like is Nathan Toledo. They took a few players from FC Dallas, so they are watching that team. Toledo also wasn't part of the U-17's, so he's not just being rested like Booth or Reynolds.

Also, one of these players (I won't name names to be nice) put forth the worst YNT performance I've seen in many years at the Japan tournament, which was the last tournament for this group. They are rewarding that? I'm puzzled how this player could be called back.

CaptainD repped this.
  17. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about Nathan Toledo, but you can make book on Nathan Detroit.

ielag and Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Arguably Mark Hammill's most important role.

Sandon Mibut, largegarlic and Winoman repped this.
  19. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    shouldn't Bello be with the U17's?

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats a good question, but he could probably do both. The U-17 tournament starts on the 29th, this one ends on the 25th.

Maybe he won't be with the U-17's though, which I think would be a bad choice. He has a lot of potential, but for a player of his caliber, he's still rather raw, and is prone to making a lot of mistakes.

I think he'll blend in just fine with the '01 age group, but I'd hope he stays with the U-17's, as he has yet to fully dominate there, only shows domination at times, IMO.

Starman* repped this.
  21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Lets try something like this if we play any games.

Ochoa
    ?-Araujo-Sepulveda-Bello
    Otasowie-Martinez
    Roberts
    Rivas-Stojanovic-Llanez

Not sure who will play RB, and lets hope Otasowie is a #6. The rest seems straight forward among this call up, IMO.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  22. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll go this:

GK: Ochoa
    D: Bello
    D: Sepulveda
    D: Araujo
    D: Berumen
    M: Haak
    M: ?Otasowie?
    M: Roberts
    F: A. Gonzalez
    F: Llanez
    F: Segal

Haak is an excellent #6, and maybe they want to build a two deep since most the others on this roster are high flying attackers. Gonzalez and Llanez on the wings are very promising and Palomino has been with U19s as a striker. Segal is legit a pro-prospect as well.

23. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thinking may be along the lines of Bello being such a freak athlete that playing against his age group is always going to be detrimental. Instead, playing up will make him blend in athletically, and he'll be forced to work on the technical side of his game.

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He's not even tall or strong, just very fast. Fast players exist at all ages.

25. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States