November Asia Friendlies 11/10 Korea, 11/14 China

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 24, 2017.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha Did he get fired? He was like I am
    Not quitting!!! Hopefully Maturana and the DIm coach will make Colombian teams stop hiring the old guard or coaches who haven’t coached in 10 years.

Was discussing with my cousins about Italy failing to go to Russia and how basically they pulled a colombia federation and just hired their friend who was a yes man.

On to the Pinto comment not that I want him as our coach but you guys think honduras is Better then Australia? I defiantly do not

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Isnt better but not worse........australia was good in times of viduka, kewell, cahill at his youth......

Today are a bunch of unnkows.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Side note Concacaf or Asia? Think asia is much much better. Especially if you take out Mexico from Concacaf

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is arguably.........last world cup the performance of asian countries were terrible all out in round of groups.....while concacaf usa, costa rica and mexico were in second round. Costa rica in third

Panama is now in............and a lot of their footballers have been best players in colombian league..........from what i seen there a lot of talented players over there.

I watched the match of honduras and what ive seen they played with line of 5 thanks pinto.......like he did with colombia, his defensive style can kill teams apirations

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Honduras is a lot worse than Costa Rica, and Panama is way worse than the US. They only advanced because the US was terribly coached this time around.

Last WC, Concacaf was the third best federation and Asia was extremely bad (0/4 advanced past the group round, 3 points in total for ALL teams). This time around, I think that Concacaf will be substantially worse (probably only 1 team out of the group round), while Asia might have a better chance with 5 participants.

Overall, I think that Concacaf teams are worse in average, but their 3 best teams are usually better than Asian teams. Asia has a few more "competitive" teams (for confederation purposes) but their "powerhouses" (Japan, S. Korea, Australia) are usually weak in the world stage.

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i think if Bacca keeps up his club form this season, he goes to Russia. he was our go to striker for most of the qualifiers and in the 16CA. that has to mean something?

Borja's club form needs to be heavily tracked by Pekerman and his staff. last i heard, he was starting to get into a groove at Palmeiras?

what's the story with Muriel? is the story about his behavior rumor/innuendo or fact?

Cardona status? no sanctions yet....no news is usually good news. i think if nothing happens by the end of the week, he's in the clear. i can see pekerman omitting him from the March friendlies to avoid negative media, but call him up in May.

Personally, i would prefer to see Bacca, Borja, Muriel, Cardona on the roster before Teo and GioM and this is coming from a previous Teo disciple ;)