November Asia Friendlies 11/10 Korea, 11/14 China

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 24, 2017.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Juan José Narváez called up for these games. Isn't he still injured?

kind of shocking. If he calling him would be mind blown if he doesnt call up Lerma.

2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Says he's "reserved." That doesn't mean he'll be called up, just on the radar. Besides, I don't really buy that article. They mention that he's getting reserved to avoid Spain calling him up first. The kid is nowhere near their radar.

He got a start a week ago. Don't think he's NT quality just yet, but I like when Pekerman takes a look at the kids.

Shouldn't you be thrilled by this?

pepinointer repped this.
  3. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Speaking of this, I meant to ask you guys earlier, just forgot.

I keep reading that the Mexican NT has their eyes on Aviles Hurtado. He seems like a good player but not great. I honestly don't think he would start on either national team. He has been doing very good at Monterrey this season though.

What do you all think of him? Mexicans say he's really developed in their league.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They can have him if they want him but isn’t he tearing up their league way more then Chara ever did? My issue with Pekerman is he sometimes calls up a player from a league but a player with better stats he doesn’t. Doesn’t make sense.

I prefer he calls a 2 teams. One for Korea and 1 for China. China game will have lots of new players to get them use to the team/tactics and to become part of the group.

Think if we send 11 new guys to Korea we are going to get embarassed and badly. Korea actually has a decent team follow them and many of you might think all Asian team suck but you will Be unpleasantly surprised.

China does suck so don’t mind seeing a ton of players get their 1st cap. Liked to see Bonilla get his first minutes in Yellow.

5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you wouldnt have any bias here would you :p.... Compared to past teams this Korea team struggled to get thru.

regardless, it's a long trip and while I want Pekerman to try new faces, he only has about 5-6 friendlies before 1st WC match.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They have strong players that play in Germany and England. Just saying think they aren’t as weak as you guys might think.

I mean would I have preferred Euro team yes. I want to play teams that are great in the air and free kicks because that is where I feel 80% of our goals against come from.

I am happy it is not a Concacaf team or a African team. Feel Africian teams send B/C teams to play us every time!!

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think he is okay and would not mind seeing what he could do in a friendly or two.
    Heck, I would even consider Pabon and Darwin in friendlies just to see what they have left but those bridges may have been burned a long time ago.
    My opinion is in the minority though.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No these friendlies should be to find new players not old players that didn’t work and aren’t as good as the ones we currently have.

Really hope to not see Teo, Carlos Sanchez or Abel on the roster

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Which new attacking players would you like to see called up who have never been called up before?

10. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If you asked me I would like to see Harold Mosquera, Cucho Hernández and Nicolás Benedetti. Three offensve all-rounders.

HomietheClown repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like Roa as well. Mosquera the guy from Millos?

12. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yep, Mosquera is probably my favourite player of the FPC right now, he is a bit irregular but that is the only thing missing, he is incredible in everything else. Roa has already played official games with the senior team.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think Benedetti was called in for training a few camps including the one for the Centenario. Roa was on the Centenario roster so he has been called up before Crzd.
    Mosquera is an interesting prospect but is he ready for the big show? Would he play Cuadrado's position? It would be nice to have someone on the right side to give him competition.
    I don't think Pekerman calls up Cucho, still too young, raw and in the second division; but would love to be proven wrong. He is a Colombian Tevez in the making.

Azucarero repped this.
  14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Homie... China is a pretty easy game would be fine to give a few guys their first minutes. Seeing us beat them 5-0+ really isn’t that special if we use our best 11.

I’d like to see a lot of new guys for that game .

I want to see how we play without James and Cuadrado. If we would be total shit. I mean not having Falcao not a massive deal we found out how painful that was for 3 years.

I mean I don’t think Pekerman would bring 4 AmF prospects at the same time maybe if it was a non FIFA day.

China game is for $$$$$$$ And hopefully discover 1-2 new guys that are ready for the NT. I also don’t think after these 2 games he will call up more guys unless someone goes Super Saiyan god mode next year.

We already have rumors of Mojica, Lerma and Navarrez. So that’s a decent amount of MFs that are new not to mention any one else he calls. We really only need 1-2 starting CMs and back up goalie, LB/Rb to be ready for Russia.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We should try two different goalies en each game.....

crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He should straight out lose his roster spot. Castellanos, Cuadrado and Bonilla are all viable replacements for him. Armani if he ever gets his papers. Either way we're ********ed if Ospina gets injured.

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My choice would be Castellanos. He is a very solid goalkeeper who hasn't had a single chance. A bit taller than Ospina, good reflexes and great positioning.

BlueDamian repped this.
  18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope Ospina doesn’t get called either.

China half for Castellanos and half for Bonilla.

Korea half for Cuadrado and Hald for Castellanos.

For me I don’t like Cuadrado from his time at Junior :)

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado never was in Junior.

And Bonilla for me doesnt deserve to be a professional player.

20. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was totally against having Armani play for us but seeing what our options are I'm not so against it anymore. I wouldn't mind having him as a 2nd or 3rd backup.

pepinointer repped this.
  21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    During the Libertadores run Armani was arguably a top 5 keeper on the planet. That is how hot he was.

Sure his form has dipped a tiny bit as crzd has pointed out but I think that also has a lot to do with different tactics and different defenders in front of him.

This may be a bit controversial but in some ways I like the way he plays beter than Ospina. I think he positions himself better on FKs, long balls, crosses, and on set pieces.

Ospina seems to get lost lately on those sort of plays in the air. (And quite frankly most of his career he has struggled with those things.)

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don’t get why people are getting butt hurt about Armani. He is the best possible GK. He is much better the Ospina just plays in a worse league but actually plays.

Like was Said above. Ospina is god awful in the air or freekicks all things that Euros will kill us on.

Only thing Armani doesn’t have above Ospina is he wasn’t born in Colombia and hasn’t been a starter for us for 6+ Years.

But that shouldn’t even be the argument because it’s not is Armani > Ospina.

Is Armani better then Castellanos, David Gonzalez or Cuadrado? I am not putting Bonilla in that list because he is the best young keeper we currently have if you want to use to a GK for the future excuse.

Castellanos depending on the coach gets benched for Robinson Zapata. Gonzalez was a sub like a year 1.5+ ago, Cuadrado was splitting minutes with 80 year old Henao.

I know we want Colombian players but not like the 3 guys mentioned are all that great. Would Castellanos have been a starter if Vargas wasn’t stupid to switch to Nacional with Armani there?

Vargas has been our clear #2 for 3 years and he lost his spot for Country and club because Armani is just that much better then him.

Armani has a hot Colombian wife and soon Colombian kids if he doesn’t have them already he is Colombian enough to me.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My point is.

Germany, Spain and Italy. use and used to being champions players from other countries.

Since when the Colombian NT is just for colombian borned. Dont understand that xenophobic feeling, from an historic mediocre side in the world.

24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm surprised there haven't been any "under the table" hand shaking going on to speed up Armani's citizenship process ;) whoever is running that process from the government side is probably a Nacional-hater :)

i'm surprised Argentina hasn't called him up just to f*** us over. Heck their GK situation is arguably worse than ours. Romero has pretty much the same number of games played at the NT level and club level since 2014.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Argenntina produce muchos mejores arqueros que colombia.

Si el titular es romero, y no alguno de los otros es una decisión tecnica muy controversial.

No es coincidencia que en las ultimas 5 ediciones de finales de libertadores, han tapado 5 porteros argentinos.

Armani, Barovero, Nahuel Guzman, Orion y Torrico.

Rulli es un portero que en españa es titular absoluto con muchas mas participaciones que Ospina.

Y chiquito romero y Willy Caballero......tienen las misma situación que ospina.

kromekote repped this.