Nottingham Forest 2013-2014

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Mojo Jambo, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there isn't one, started one.

Currently 5th on goal diff behind Burnley.

Last result 2-2 with Middlesbough, came back from 2 down at home.

Upcoming Matches
    Sat 21 Sep 2013 - Doncaster v Nttm Forest
    Tue 24 Sep 2013 - League Cup Burnley v Nottm Forest
    Sat 28 Sep 2013 - Nottm Forest v Derby
    Tue 1 Oct 2013 - Charlton v Nottm Forest

Burnley/Derby back to back is tough, but with the first as a League Cup game. As a Yank Forest supporter, happy that Lichaj has already contributed more than Findley ever did.

2. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of the league cup, but 8 points out of the last 4 and a win over Derby. Currently fourth in the table, with two difficult matches at home and an away against relegation likely Yeovil.

Will this be like the last few years, hanging in or around the play-off spots, only to just miss or lose in the first round?

3. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    ^Yep.

We ain't got enough at the minute to be sure of promotion.

It's funny listening to our fans bang on about how we need a '20 goal striker' like you can just pick one off a tree. But a couple of forwards who score goals would help loads. But here's the thing...we are scoring enough anyway.

I'd say selling Adlene Guedioura has left us short in midfield, especially short of combative players. And we badly miss Kelvin Wilson at centre back when he doesn't play. So for me we need a disciplined physical player in midfield who's comfortable on the ball and doesn't pass up responsibility, and we need another good central defender.

4. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing to Yeovil 3-1 to lift them off the bottom of the table has left me pissed of when we have four of the top five coming up. At least 3 are at home. Brutal.

Father's family is from Carlton (Cavendish Road) , still around there. I have an aunt with a B&B in West Bridgford.

5. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Was a Forest supporter way back in early 80's when I spent a year in England...being a goalkeeper, Peter Shilton was my hero...and always felt burnt when Ray Carlson made the national team...but also had a knack for Kevin Keegan and Kenny Dalglish - and ultimately Liverpool became my team...would love to see Forest back in the top flight - thought they might do it a few years ago with Davies at the helm...hope he can take them there this time...stability, I think, is what they need now...don't get to see them much out here in the west...

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Any news on Cohen? It would be disastrous for us to lose him. Lascelles was great yesterday as was Pato and Mackie. Very unlucky to only get a point. Interesting to see some of our fans speculation on how we will set up when Wilson gets back. Some saying 3-5-2 with Willo, Hobbs and Jamaal. Interesting although it has never been a great formation for us. Roll on Friday at home to Reading and 3 points.

7. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Forgot to say that 4-2-3-1 seems to be the formation in which we've played our best football.

8. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Cohen out for the season...gutted. Get well soon Chris.

9. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bein has Birmingham v. Forest on right now, a rare treat to see a game live/legal, last I can remember was a FA Cup win over Middlesbourgh a few years back. Pirate feeds to often come with viruses in my past.

Come on you Reds!

10. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Mojo,
    What part of town do you live in? Thought I was the only Red in Ohio, never mind Cleveland. :)

11. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Come on Forest please promote to the EPL- you my dad's team. He has been supporting a standby premiership team (just to maintain interest in EPL) in your absence for too long now.

12. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    North Royalton, grew up in Elyria, work and went to college on the east side. Ever go to any Outlaw viewings?

Got another Bein telecast due to being the last match of the day on Boxing day, my cup runeth over.

13. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I'm in Lakewood. Yeah I go to some of the Outlaw viewings. We'll have to meet up for one.

14. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the last half hour was a lot of fun thumping the West Ham youth squad, now to watch Chelsea eliminate Derby would top off the morning.

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are Nottingham Forest and Derby County rivals?

16. Mojo Jambo

Mojo Jambo Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are each others primary rival, about 15 miles apart. Leicester City and Sheffield United are also in the mix, Notts County have been mired in the lower divisions for so long that they rarely get to play against each other.

EvanJ repped this.
  17. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got your wish. Derby County is out.

18. SoccerJock1776

SoccerJock1776 New Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Forest need a new Collymore

Robbo Crewfan and CB-West repped this.
  19. Taktiek

Taktiek New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    They might have one in Lars Veldwijk. Might take him a year or two but he looks promising.