Notable former players

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Yahhh Steve, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Lauderdale_Strikers#Notable_former_players:

This list of former players includes those who received international caps while playing for the team, made significant contributions to the team in terms of appearances or goals while playing for the team, or who made significant contributions to the sport either before they played for the team, or after they left. It is clearly not yet complete and all inclusive, and additions and refinements will continue to be made over time.

-
    -
    I plan on cleaning this section up, but I need your help and input.
    Who do you consider a notable former player, and why?

2. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think anyone who has gone on to feature significantly at a higher level(Paulo Jr, Saunders, Brunner etc.), was a big deal before they got here(Zinho, Romario, C. Gomez, etc.), or made significant contributions while here(Abe Thompson, Alex Afonso, Shriver and so on) should be on that list.

International caps for guys who play for weak countries or guys who only have 1 or 2 should not figure into it. Getting capped by Guyana or whatever is arguably less important than suiting up for Miami FC in my book.

3. PabloDebarge

PabloDebarge Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Bryan Arguez and Martyn Lancaster should be given consideration for the list.