Not to brag, but...

Discussion in 'Referee' started by falcon.7, Jun 11, 2007.

1. falcon.7

falcon.7 New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    I'M GOING TO REGIONALS!!!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Just found out about an hour ago. Back to where I grew up, Portland Maine for six of the most important days of my careeer. Guess someone saw something they liked. Thanks guys for all the help and advice you've given me. Since I was told about this forum back in (February?), my knowledge has grown in leaps and bounds. More to come after I stop dancing...

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats! I'm going to Regionals, too. I get to drive a van or be a field marshall! :rolleyes:

--- So much for my 30 years experience!

They probably just want younger talent, that is getting better instead of slower!

3. Chiller15J

Chiller15J New Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Chicago Area
    Good job! Enjoy yourself, don't be any different because its a bigger assignment, they liked you how you were!

I hope I end up doing Regionals some day.

4. bluedevils

bluedevils Member

Nov 17, 2002
    USA
    Don't sell yourself short -- you are getting better AND slower!

5. bluedevils

bluedevils Member

Nov 17, 2002
    USA
    Congratulations and have fun.

6. gosellit

gosellit BigSoccer Supporter

May 10, 2005
    Congrats.

Remember, now is NOT the time to try and change anything about your game.

Good luck and have fun.

7. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats. My advice would be this, first you're young and this is a first trip so it may be the most important six days to date but it won't be the most important six days you'll have a a referee. It'll likely be another two or three years before you'll go there with some expectation or hope of really juicy games or nationals, so relax and enjoy it. Second, your assignments might not seem very glamorous but don't worry about that. Even u-12 to u-14 boys games can be interesting there. Nonetheless, take all games seriously. Someone will be watching. Third, I don't care if you have u-12 NJ girls v. wv and its 6-0 after 10 minutes. DO NOT STOP WORKING!!! Not only does it disrespect the teams but it'll make you look bad. Fourth, don't even think about looking at the NJ referees. They will eat you alive and enjoy it. The same can be said about Mass but I only say that because MassRef is a cool dude. :D Fifth, learn to enjoy the lack of sleep. Six, don't be late for anything. Lastly, and I can not stress this enough, think before you utter a single word. Do not underestimate the power of first impressions. Its better to let your performance on the field speak for you than the lingering effects of a stupid or careless remark. Ears and eyes open, mouth shut is the best advice. Now, that doesn't mean you should be an uptight ball of stress for six days. Just be professional.

8. SoccerScottWV

SoccerScottWV Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Charleston,WV,USA
    Don't rag on WV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Especially not the WV girls.
    And yes, I recognize the statement wasn't malicious.

6 teams from my kids' club qualified for regionals and will be living the high life in Maine.

Scott

PS Sorry if this is kinda disjointed. I'm not completely awake yet.