Not the one we wanted: the Nemanja Matić thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  2. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ******** this guy. We could have been chasing after Fabinho but instead Mourinho wanted one of his old boys. ******** Mou.

jeff070 repped this.
  3. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In his time here I can count his good games on one hand. He can feck off back to Serbia.

4. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    The title of this thread might be the best ever thread title.

5. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    If Matic had done the past two games what Pogba had done... Lmao.

6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matic is frustrated with his bit part role.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...hester-united-role-under-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

His performance this past weekend did not help his cause. And if he does not like his current role, he just needs to be patient and he can leave in January.
    If we can't replace him then, it would make room for either Timmy (who should be back by then) or Garner for the rest of the season. A win-win as far as we are concerned from my point of view...

7. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I do feel for the guy because getting old is tough, but he just doesn't have anything left at this point. I held out some small hope that more judicious usage of him this season might coax a few more decent performances, but on Saturday's evidence that doesn't look likely. Even if he wants to leave in January, I think he may struggle to find a new club that is satisfactory to him / can afford him. I expect he's more likely to leave on a free in the summer. He will still get the occasional game because we are quite short on numbers in midfield but he should be behind Fred and probably AP as well for the double pivot spots in my opinion.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No sympathy. Worst outfield player we’ve consistently started since Bellion.

9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    so re:this guy - i checked some stuff out. he's out of contract in ~9 months. can't sell because no one wants and can't use because he's immobile and he's only declining. so you're thinking OK we get rid of him on a free who cares just get him out right?

well he has the option for a +1 year extension. what are the odds of us "protecting his value" again and still losing him for free?

much like Mata he was retained and doesn't fit the tempo or style of play. can anyone name any positive attribute he currently adds?

10. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    He doesn't add anything ... If we activate those extra year option i hope Ed dies with one of elder glazers.. maybe this will speed up the endgame proces..

jnielsen repped this.
  11. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Sell him in January or let him go on a free. Time for Ole to make bold moves along with AY.

jnielsen repped this.
  12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Ole lasts the season, he’ll be gone. He’s already spoken out against him and Ole clearly doesn’t want to play him.

13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    to who exactly? people know what's up.

no one buys a cracked vase

14. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    He'll be fine in Italy or Russia.

15. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Disagree. Hes not just slow, hes immobile. If you have that big of a negative working against you, then you need to be elite in other areas. Where is he elite? Hes a decent tackler as long as a attacker run right into him. Otherwise he gets passed like a pylon. His passing his bad. His decision making is bad because it takes him forever.

If a team is looking to bring in a defensive CM, what do they see in Matic that appeals to them? He has experience at the top level, but thats about it. Hes done at anything resembling the top level.

16. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    The free agent tag may raise Juves dick...

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Juve is full so nope

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a good chance that things might change regarding Juve's midfield next summer. Emre Can is getting very little playing time and if nothing changes, he will probably be looking to move. The end is probably near for Khedira and possibly Matuidi as well.
    Just a couple of exits in midfield would open up spaces in that team. And it's not unlikely that Juve would be interested in grabbing him as backup for Pjanic. Inter are rumored to be interested as well: again it would be in a backup capacity but it's not impossible to see Conte bringing him in.
    Bottom line, it's really not that hard to imagine that Matic could extend his career a little longer in Serie A, where the slower pace would not make him as useless as he is now in the Prem and he actually could be useful in a limited and specific role.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter to make a move for Matic in January?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ic-considered-for-january-move-by-inter-milan

With just around 6mos in his United contract then, the fee will probably be minimal. Unless they work out a loan deal for the remainder of the season, a deal which could work for us as well, provided they pay his salary completely.
    Could be a bit of a gamble though, if we don't bring anyone else during that window. Although Timmy should be back by then and frankly I can't imagine he'd be worse than Matic.

20. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Yeah im all for booting him out ..

21. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Thats from Duxker, hopefully thats the case but we need reinforcement either promote grom academy or dip in winter market.

23. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Lol he liked benchwarmers post on Insta aswell ..

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So all along I thought the Matic "injury" was very much just him being on the outside looking in. I wonder if his return to "fitness" is actual or if Ole is trying to put him in the shop window? Truthfully, we should have nothing to do with Matic moving forward. He shouldn't be near the first team. I'd rather play a central pairing of Garner and Gomes than play Matic again.