[not Stars related] Where do you guys go to watch games?

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by teucer, May 28, 2010.

1. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been feeling a little bummed out about having to miss the USA-England match on June 12 because of travel. But I was just looking at my itinerary and found that, while I can't watch it here in NC with my fellow Carolina fans, the game begins two hours after I land at MSP but ends before I have to be anywhere.

Naturally, I'm looking for a recommendation on where to watch. Any suggestions?

2. GregX

GregX New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll get a sizable crowd at The Sweetwater in the Kelly Inn in St. Paul. it's an official U.S. Soccer Bar.

Kelly Inn
    161 Saint Anthony Ave
    Saint Paul, MN 55103
    (651) 227-8711

If you find yourself in Minneapolis instead I'd recommend Brit's Pub.

Brit's Pub
    1110 Nicollet Mall (and we pronounce the T in Nicollet here in MN by the way)
    Minneapolis, MN 55403
    612-332-3908

Enjoy!

3. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks; I'll see you guys there. (I'll be the dude showing up in formalwear, because I'm going to a wedding after the game.)

::checks MetroTransit:: and hey, I won't even be cutting it slightly close on the timing. Sweet!

4. thesuperrookie

thesuperrookie New Member

May 20, 2010
    Twin Cities
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome!

The Sweetwater will be packed for the US games.

5. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to thank Minnesota (even if I didn't meet any of you here specifically) for an awesome party and cool people to chat with while I watched the game. The atmosphere at the Sweetwater was way better than if I'd been watching alone on my hotel TV; being surrounded by fellow fans made Dempsey's goal the second greatest moment of my Saturday. (Sorry, Clint, but first place is reserved for two of my best friends tying the knot.)