Not enough threads here?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ImNumberTen, May 16, 2018.

1. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thinking out loud here but it seems to me some topics are significant enough that, for simple usability reasons, they might warrant their own threads. I know at one time that people were creating multiple threads per day and this board was a mess, but I think the pendulum may have swung too far the other way.

Seems we now have to slot nearly everything into "this season," "next game," "new stadium," "other teams"...or maybe "fire Olsen."

I don't post a ton but I read pretty much weekly, and sometimes daily (probably not good for my mental state this season). It can be hard – or harder than it needs to be – to find out what people are saying on a particular subject at times.

Rooney is certainly a topic that could have been a thread, or maybe a bit broader as "Prospects" or some such.

Anyway, I'm just curious to see if I'm alone in this or if the thought had occurred to others.

¡Vamos!

Boloni86 repped this.
  2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Don't think there is enough traffic here or interest to justify multiple threads here with the exception of Rooney.

3. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Doesn't it take more?

Winoman repped this.
  4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    We need a poll to find out if there should be more threads.

fatbastard, Winoman and shawn12011 repped this.
  5. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that some of the threads have become catchalls, for example: "A Long, Strange Trip," which is honest enough to declare in the "subtitle" that it is the 2018 DCU Season Thread. If that is so, why do we need more than this one thread? Trouble is, if all posts went to this one thread then the constant moaning about the FO disrespecting the SGs would vie for space with posts about roster shortcomings and general FO stupidity and coaching inadequacy and possible signings and so on, ad infinitum. At least the new stadium thread is on a single topic (although I don't understand the "Screw you, Lucy" intro to the thread title.

6. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    It takes a village.

Winoman repped this.
  7. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just guessing but I think it's a reference to Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown, aka all the times we thought something was happening with the stadium, only for it to be pulled away

Winoman repped this.
  8. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    There just don't seem to be enough posters to warrant thread sprawl. Are there more than 25 of us?

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  9. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be surprised if we had 25 that post more than 3 days a week.

10. mosca

mosca Member

Sep 13, 1999
    Honolulu
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lurk.

(I think I probably post < 3 times per week, but I read threads most days).

Boloni86 repped this.
  11. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lurk, too, but I post a lot because I am retired with too much time on my hands and no obvious outlets for productive work. If you notice me posting less it will be because I have found something useful to do with my life.:confused:

12. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point.

13. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    The Rooney thread is a good idea. Another thread that would be good is the potential sale of the team.

Otherwise I think we have a pretty decent spread. One thread for stadium, one for Olsen, one for front office, one for TV broadcasts, one for academy, one for ongoing season talk and one for other teams. And of course the game threads.

Winoman and ejs1111 repped this.
  14. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    "We few. We happy few."

Winoman, Eastern Bear and fatbastard repped this.
  15. Big Bopper

Big Bopper New Member

D.C. United
    United States
    Apr 22, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    I post on extremely rare occasions, but I am here weekly too. I have the forum watched because I'm not that familiar with how to navigate Big Soccer. It is a bit of a mess.

Boloni86, Winoman and Q*bert Jones III repped this.