Norwich City Thread

Discussion in 'Championship Clubs' started by Unthank Yella, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    I'm starting to think the impossible is going to happen and we're going down.

Where on earth is all the money though, we continually get the biggest gates in the division (despite being rubbish) and have sold a few players for big money in the last few seasons, plus had the much lauded parachute payments - but as ever we're skint.

2. BristoLee27

BristoLee27 New Member

May 24, 2008
    Bristol, UK
    My friend works for Norwich, and I went to watch you away at Coventry mid-season. Must say great club, great fans, stadium and city, thought you were heading down too but sounds like Glen has done something right there!! See you next season.

3. American Canary

American Canary New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    It's going to be a great season. Norwich have easily won their first three pre-season friendlies and have a squad that keeps looking better and better every time GR signs somebody. I can't wait to watch them play Tottenham on Monday. I think we'll get a good taste of what the season will be like from that one. If we can hang in there with a Premiere League team then we can do battle with the whole of the Championship. I'm ready for the season. :cool:

4. DarrenHuckerby6

DarrenHuckerby6 New Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Norwich
    Squad looks good but I think the season is coming a couple of weeks to early. They have not had time to gel and we will no doubt start slowly.

Me thinks a 10th place finish.

5. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    Did anyone else see the game on Saturday against Blackpool, and if so, what did you think?

I thought we played very well and showed some massive promise. Yes, the boys up front didn't score the 3 goals that they should have, but everyone else did great, for the most part. Our defence was strong, though there were a few scary moments (like the heavy back-pass from Stefanovic to Marshall that got too close to the goal. Things got very exciting once Croft and Russell came on. I hope they both start against Cardiff.

Anyway, it looked good (aside from the missed goals) from where we sat. BTW, where do you sit? I'm in the Norwich and Peterborough Stand, upper tier, block S.

OTBC!

6. Zolo-Hornet

Zolo-Hornet Member

Apr 7, 2008
    West Chester
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm a big fan of Glenn Roeder. He did a good job at Watford when he was here many years ago but was ousted after a change in the board and the return of Graham Taylor. Anyway, best of luck to Norwich and hope you do the double on Ipshit.

7. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    We're doing okay

The last 3 weeks have been a bit like a roller coaster, haven't they. We had that first loss, which was quite disappointing, and then we lost that Carling Cup match against MK Dons...how pathetic. Then it was time for Blackpool--the first home game of the season. We should have won that one easily, but our strikers couldn't finish the job. At least our defence and midfield was strong, and thankfully Russell was finally substituted on. Cardiff should have been another win, but again the boys up front were struggling with those finishes. Cureton couldn't even score on a penalty! I figured it was going to be a difficult game once he missed that one, and then when Cardiff got their second goal I figured it was all over. Thankfully Lupoli and Croft didn't give up when they were substituted on. What a perfect combination they were. The Cardiff fans must have been absolutely gutted to see their team draw a match that they were 2 goals up on.

So now here we go, heading toward another home match. This time against Birmingham. How will we do? I'm hoping for a win, of course. I think we can win, as long as we defend as well as we have been (let's break the spell of giving away penalties) and move the ball around as well as we have been. And if Lupoli and Croft can continue where they left off last Saturday we may walk away with all 3 points. Someone's got to break Birmingham's current undefeated record; it may as well be Norwich. :D OTBC!

8. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    Well, despite your early optimism American Canary, it looks like yet another season of tedium is on the cards - I don't think we'll go down but I imagine we'll finish around 18th and yet again the club will blame parachute payments (or lack of) for all their woes. Not sure if I can be arsed to go on Tuesday (Wolves at home), its just no fun any more.

9. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    I don't think Roeder is the man - do you? We haven't had a decent mager since Rioch (not sure why they sacked him). Even Worthington (in my humble opinion) was never a good manager and got lucky with Huckerby who won the league single handedly. I said when we went up that he should be sacked before the Premiership season started, and certainly when we were bottom at christmas - the board were too loyal to him, his signings when we went up bar Ashton were atrocious.

10. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    It has been pretty rough thus far, that's for sure. That last home game was awful (against Derby). I still can't believe the way we lost...a dreadful mistake by Marshall. Talk about aggravation. And this last game on Saturday against Bristol was just as terrible. We should have scored several goals yet again. That seems to be an ongoing theme. Why can't we score? We can't even hit an open goal at the moment. :eek:

I may be at the Wolves game on Tuesday, but only if I get home from work in time. I will be at the Saturday match with my kids. A couple of home wins would be good. I'm trying to stay positive here, but it's not easy. How cool would that be to beat Wolves? :cool:

OTBC!

11. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    Roeder did us right last season, so I am willing to give him more time. Still, I think a better substitution could have been made for Sibierski since Rusty was doing very well in midfield. Oh well, bring on Wolves.

12. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England

I hope you mustered the courage to go to the match on Tuesday, because that was a great game. Some fabulous football and 5 wonderful goals by our lads. My optimism paid off, and Lita has finally earned his month's salary. Good luck to us on Saturday against Doncaster. :D BTW, where are your seats? I'm in the N&P Stand in the upper tier, block "S."

OTBC!

13. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    can anyone tell me how John Kennedy is fairing for Norwich this season? reports up here are suggesting he's been playing pretty well for you guys.

14. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    Well American canary - I did go, and haven't enjoyed a game that much for years! Glad I gave Pride Park a miss though, and can't go to Burnley either as its the Norwich beer Festival.

Re: Kennedy, he looks quite solid to me, better than anything else we've got but a far cry from 'could have been the best thing to come out of scotland for years' that my celtic fan barber told me. I'd sign him permanently if we could though, if we could get him for < £750k.

15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    the thing about JK is he had the potential to be just that before he was horrifically injured playing for Scotland. he lost the best part of nearly 4yrs out of his career trying to battle back from that injury.

i sincerely hope he's finally on the way back.

16. American Canary

Jul 23, 2008
    Norfolk, England
    I don't even want to talk about the Burnley match, or any of our away matches for that matter. Let's hope we get another good home result this next Saturday.

17. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Norwich are relegated to the third tier for the first time since 1960 :(

18. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Any help would be nice, I am curious as I don't get to see them on tv or p2p very often.

What style of play on the pitch are Norwich City currently known for?(defensive, attractive football,etc)

19. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Where are they now: Paul Lambert
    Over the years we have seen hundreds of players come and go. Some of them were soon forgotten, others have made a lasting impression at the Westfalenstadion. Here is our new series "Where are they now?". We start off with Paul Lambert, who played for Borussia for only 15 months in the mid 90s. Still he went on to become a club legend. schwatzgelb.com picked up the phone and got hold of Lambert on the training ground of Norwich City, where he currently works as manager.....

Source: http://schwatzgelb.de/2010_08_16_where_are_they_now_paul_lambert.html

20. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very curious to see how the season will go for the Canaries.

21. adega1980

adega1980 New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    east vancouver
    the canadian player simeon jackson is off to a superb start.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SBI Soccer
    Josh Sargent's departure from Werder Bremen was all but assured once the German club was relegated from the Bundesliga back in May, but after weeks of speculation linking him to various Bundesliga clubs, it is now an English Premier League side set to secure his services. Sargent is on the verge of securing a transfer to newly-promoted Norwich City, German outlet Bild reported on Friday