Norwegian Tippeligaen 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by vifvaf, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Congratulations to Rosenborg.... and likewise Congrats to Vålerenga for taking the Silver medals :)

Only one loss in the league to Rosenborg the past two seasons should make the other clubs react in some way. The question is who is up for it ... and what can they do to take up the challenge ??..

2. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yes congrats to Rosenborg. But I think Rosenborg will get a much harder season next year. New coach and many of the player are bosman . Off course they will be in the top but not like 2010 and 2009. I think Viking , Vålerenga , Lsk and one surprise team will be in the topp next year with Rosenborg.
    But the economy migth be a big factor in the next season. Some clubs have been forced to make big budget cuts. I only know the number from Vålerenga, but they cut down 21 mill NOK from a budget around 120 mill NOK in 2010.

3. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well now the season are over and Rosenborg won yet again :eek:
    But the action for next season have already begun .
    It seems like Molde have managed to get the choach from Manchester Uniteds reserve team Ole Gunnar Solskjær from 1 jan. If so a big scoop:p

Rosenborg with a new coach and several bosman players.

How long can Lillestrøm live with the lack of results from Henning Berg. Maby they could try to change something else then the coach;)

Brann and Strømsgodtset are more or less broke. The football assositation have said that they might have to start the next season with minus points because of the bad economy in the clubs.

4. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    So, how do you guys feel about Tromsø in the next season? I think they gotta score more goals next season. Mourad just don't score enough.

5. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I like Mourad, have done so ever since I first saw him for IFK in the Royal League. He looked like the most exciting striker in scandinavia back then. Could see him raising his level next season if he's still around - only signed a one year contract I believe?

Rushfeldt takes another season. While Mourad, Kayke and Mo (Ahamed) all have the potential to improve. Especially Kayke, who seem a very talented player - wonder why he struggled in Sweden?
    Wouldn't worry about lack of goals, if they do next season as well then it'll more likely be due to tactical decisions and style of play.
    The attackers are more than good enough in my eyes.

Happy TIL qualified for UEFA btw, if they go through to group stage many teams will struggle with the snowy pitch. If only they can keep their players for another year.

6. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Also made 16 mill profit though didnt they?
    VIF are doing very well both on and off the pitch these days,
    and is in a great position to join Rosenborg as a settled top duo in the norwegian league.

7. SilverXX

SilverXX Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Norway
    Club:
    Tromso IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah, all we Tromsonians(?) are still very proud of the victory against Chelsea on a snowy evening on Alfheim. We lost 7-0 in the return match in London, but still...

8. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Im not sure aboute the exact numbers but they made a profit this year. Hopefully the inverstors will let the club keep the money for future investments.

9. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, the mighty RBK won another Seriemaster. Good run by VIF and Tromso this season.

Some Euro league play is coming to those three.

I cannot thank vifvaf enough for his contributions to this thread.

Thanks VIFVAF! ;)

10. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Bah, Aalesund just missed qualifying to Europe by 3 points. But 4th place overall - can't be too disappointed. Hopefully they'll be in the top 3 next season.

I can't believe Rosenborg didn't loes a single game this season.

11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway

Rekdal has done a great job in Aalesund. I see the same pattern in Aalesund with Rekdal that Vålerenga had with Rekdal in 2004-2005 . He manages to get max out of all the players. Im guessing that we will see a more stabilm Aalesund next year.

And Rosenborg have been untouchable the last two year. Only lost one game in the series the last two years. But my hope is that they will sruggle a bit more next year to get more excitement in the series.