Norwegian Tippeligaen 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by vifvaf, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    Aarøy was actually called up for one of Drillos first matches after his comeback as national coach, but he chose to stay at home due to his wife upcoming childbirth. If he continues to impress he will surely be called up, Drillo has a weak spot for players with extreme qualities such as Aarøys physique (not to say he's too bad technically for a man his size).

2. safecontrol

safecontrol New Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Hello
    Who will go that matches?

Norway 2nd
    Fram Larvik - Odd_Grenland B

Norway 2nd
    Start B - Vindbjart

3. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    With yesterdays draw in the match between top teams Aalesund and Rosenborg there is only 3 points between the top 6 teams and Tromsø can reach top of the table with a win in Wednesdays delayed match against Sandefjord. I know it's still early on, but did anyone expect such a tight race in the top? And did anyone expect the likes of Aalesund, Strømsgodset and Tromsø to be up there?

Stabæk can climb to 12 points with a win against bottomplaced Hønefoss who fired coach Ole Bjørn Sundgot after a 6th consecutive defeat. After only seven games, 2 of the 3 newly promoted teams have departed with their coach. This is promising to be an interesting season indeed!

4. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    What another disappointing outcome for RBK. It's frustrating to say the least.

5. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    Still, Rosenborg are in a good position at this point of the season and I think their experience will be decisive at the end of the season, I don't see Aalesund holding in more than 20 games, at most..

6. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    We'll see, Aalesund won the cup last season and I think they can make a run at the league this year.

7. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    Rekdal has done some impressing things with a team lacking the big names, but I think that will ultimately be their major problem. First of all, I can't see that they have the players who can turn tight games in their favour. Secondly, I think they lack depth in their squad. Once injuries and bookings start taking their toll I think Aalesund will start sliding down the table. But they might just make it into Europe again, that in itself would be an enormous feat for that team.

8. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    12 rounds in and Tromso, RBK and VIF are at the top of the table.

Tromso is playing really well, I'm curious to see if they can keep it up.

RBK has played underwhelming for their talent pool. No losses, but several uninspiring ties.

VIF is another team that surprises me with their current form, but kudos to their staff and players for what they've done to date.

9. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The list have started to settle. I still think we will se some small changes in the list. feks Stabæk and Molde will climb . But i hope we see the contours of the Norwegian leage in the future, with the biggest teams in the top. And one or two surprises, like Ålesund and Tromsø. It has been to mutch uncertainty in who wins and looses the games the last 5-6 yaers.(except Rosenborg) I also belive Brann will start to win some games soon.

16 mai is a big football day in Norway. We call it the national day of football in Norway . Great atmospshere everywhere.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    Brann have played fairly well without getting the results, much because striker Huseklepp is not hitting the target, but also because coach Nilsen seems to refuse to give players like Hansen and Guastavino the confidence they need.

I have to say, I am not at all surprised about Vålerengas results, after coach Andresen put himself on the bench last fall the team have played with more confidence and it gave a lot of youngsters the chance to shine. In addition, they have Moa back in form and hitting the target. In the end, I see them as Rosenborgs potentially most dangerous challengers.

11. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Vålerenga and Brann lost to day. That means they are out of the cup. :confused::eek: Vålerenga lost to FK Tønsberg and Brann lost to Fyllingen :confused:

12. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    This might just be the end for Nilsen in Bergen, when asked by a reporter if he considered resignation he responded " I expect the board to consider my position". He's been under a lot of critic for his dispositions, and personally I expect todays performance to have been the last drop.

13. Start fan in exile

Jan 5, 2006
    Lillehammer, Norway
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Perhaps they'll bring in Tom Nordlie, just to make the circus complete.

I don't think Nilsen is Brann's problem, but he seems unable to turn it around. Put his job on the line is the right thing to do, but the problem is the players he is stuck with.

14. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    I have to disagree with you here. Obviously, Nilsen is not Branns only problem, but he does not seem able to dispose of his team properly. Erik Mjelde, probably the teams most creative midfielder, is repeatedly put on the wing. Nilsen has paired Huseklepp up with no less than 5 players this year, yet he seems to have little faith in the teams top-scorer Guastavino or fan favourite Cato Hansen.

Brann might be a little short of options in defence, and they do lack a target man up front, but they have a team that is more than good enough to reach top 6. Nilsen barely managed that last year, and the team seems even weaker this year. In the end, I think Nilsen is about to realize that it is his own fault and he is ready to take the responsibility for the poor results.

15. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Steinar Nilsen have ressigned as main coatch for Brann to day. :rolleyes:
    2nd coatch to resign this season. How many more will lose their jobs this season:confused:

16. Bergen

Bergen New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Bergen
    According to an sms sent by Nilsen to NRK he has not resigned, enter complete chaos... Let's just hope they don't go back to the habits of the 90's with leadership chaos, coaches in and out the door and an armada of mediocre players topped of with economic ruin...

17. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    In RBK news, Erik Hamren will be allowed to start his Swedish NT duties early.

RBK and SvFF have worked out the details so that Hamren will end his Lerkandal career at the end of May (several months ahead of schedule).

In realted news, RBK has re-hired Nils Arne Eggen through December.

The Eggman has returned . . . coo-coo-kachew!!!!

18. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you Rune Jarstein!!!!!

His bad temper played the key role in RBK's extra time game winner. Jarstein pushed Olsen onto the ground in the third and final minute of extra time which gave RBK a penalty kick and Iversen buried it.

3 points stolen on the road.

19. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    4 more Tippeliga teams are out of the norwegian Cup. Lsk lost 4-2 to Follo. Ålesund lost 2-1 to Løvham. Molde lost 3-1 to Sogndal and Tønsberg who sent Vålerenga out of the cup in the 2nd round beated Stabæk 2-1 . :confused:
    Its a break in Tippeligaen now. So we can follow the world cup. :D
    In the break have Vålerenga will play Spartak Moskva in a training match. An in the end og July Vålerenga will play Barcelona.
    And i realy look forwar to the match against Lsk the 4th of july.

20. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  21. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Wow, after several years of financial trouble Lyn has indeed declared bankruptcy and have folded immediately.

22. Dragev

Dragev New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Trondheim
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Lyn is in Adeccoligaen.

As much as I feel for the fans, this was really inevitable. The club has been living above their means for years, and was saved twice last year by millions of NOK being raised. Now we see where that money has gotten them, and bankruptcy is really the only thing that was right for the club.

23. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    You're right. I meant the second division . . . I was posting under the influence.

It's been a long break from league action and I've been caught up in the World Cup and my duties moderating the World Cup forums.

Fixed! :D

24. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
  25. vifvaf

vifvaf Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Rbk and Vif keep on winning. Rbk beated sandefjord and Vif beated Odd .

After 16 rounds

W T L goals Points
    1 Rosenborg 16 10 6 0 29 - 8 36
    2 Vålerenga 16 9 4 3 33 - 17 31
    3 Tromsø 16 9 4 3 20 - 13 31
    4 Aalesund 16 8 3 5 25 - 18 27
    5 Viking 16 7 5 4 24 - 16 26
    6 Lillestrøm 16 5 8 3 27 - 19 23
    7 Stabæk 16 6 5 5 25 - 22 23
    8 Strømsgodset 16 7 2 7 24 - 31 23
    9 Start 16 6 4 6 29 - 29 22
    10 Haugesund 16 5 6 5 24 - 22 21