Norway Tippeligaen 2015

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by vifvaf, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    What's the situation in the Norwegian goal ? Jarstein is having a phenomenal season in Germany but from what I understand he is not currently a starter for the national team.

2. Sevens7ar

Sevens7ar Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    The national team has not played any matches since the EURO playoff against Hungary back in November so it's a bit hard to say what the situation is right now. My best guess is it's advantage Jarstein at the moment.

Ørjan Nyland played all the EURO qualification matches but his move to Ingolstadt seems rather unsuccessful so far so he might have lost his spot. Jarstein was apparently the second choice throughout the qualification, being omitted from the squad only once, while André Hansen (Rosenborg) and Sten Grytebust (Odense) were in the squad for nine and five games respectively.

Nyland, Jarstein and Hansen are all good enough to be starters; I imagine Nyland not being a first choice in Bundesliga right now might tip it in favor of one of the other two. André Hansen has been my personal favorite for some years but GK is probably Norway's strongest position right now and it's a very close race between the top three.

3. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Thanks. I remember Jarstein having a reputation to drop the ball (hurhur) occasionally. He is performing very consistently this season though. Does the manager go for form or quality ? ( Jogi Löw for example largely ignores form and goes for quality )

4. jan7070

jan7070 New Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Club:
    Valerenga IF Oslo
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how's Occean doing this season? Dude seems to do really well in Norway even though he's like 35.