Northern Teams in Serie B 2006/2007 [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This thread is for the Northern clubs in Serie B.

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    On behalf of the Torino tifosi on this site (both of us), i'd like to welcome Juventus to Serie B. Get comfortable, and enjoy the next two years.

3. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, while I am glad that the three clubs did get relegated, hopefully it doesn't cause our stay in Serie B to be too extended. It's high time we got back where we belong ... Forza Grifoni!

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Treviso lost 4-2 away at Napoli. I can't see last year's joke in the Serie A doing too well this year.

5. maçon

maçon New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    toronto
    what about the the northern clubs della C???

do i have to be the first to start up the novara calcio thread?

FORZA NOVARA!!!

6. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    what about northern clubs in Serie D?

7. treviso rulz

treviso rulz New Member

May 9, 2007
    SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
    screw u mate treviso have had a slow year and we will make it back up in the next few years just u wait

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Treviso is the biggest joke to have played in the Serie A! They shouldn't have had the honour.

9. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    No they weren't Ancona are, i don't want to defend Treviso because of treviso rulz dumbass comments on other threads. Treviso hit the 20 point mark, for me thats the line, below that then you can talk. Some great teams have hit below this number.

However the fact that probably a rugby match in treviso would get more or less the same amount of people to a game, is a bit concerning. Even the basketball team would get close to the numbers in low attending games.

10. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that Ancona is your Marchegiano rival but at least that team actually finished in the promotion zone. The only thing is that they didn't back it up.

11. king_allsopp

king_allsopp New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hope Hellas enjoy life in C next season :D

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well if you care Ancona and Treviso in Serie B, then yes, Ancona were better. But Ancona vs. Treviso in Serie A is no contest, Ancona were terrible.

13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Put it this way. Ancona were terrible and the fact they actually got into Serie A, fair and square, makes their performances more pathetic. Treviso though, had no business in the Serie A and their performances showed it. It was only due to the circumstances regarding Genoa and Torino that they managed to get into the Serie A. Ascoli did get into the Serie A that way but they played like a team who earned a Serie A spot.

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All I have to say is that 2 wins in 38 games is pretty pathetic.

15. 1TOFC

1TOFC Red Card

Jul 7, 2007
    Toronto
    Hey bud give them a break they prepared for serie B not A . Where a late addition to Serie A. That prevented them from signing a few better players.

16. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    IMO, I think they spent too much on the older players, but never really had the players in a system. At the start of the season it was thought Treviso had more of a chance of survival than Ascoli.

17. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That may be so but it didn't look like that the club had a plan A or B.

18. 1TOFC

1TOFC Red Card

Jul 7, 2007
    Toronto
    Its very hard to be competitive in Serie A. When you get put into that division and have prepared for the B series its tuff. The market was pretty well dry by then. I give them cudo's for a good try. Its nice to see fresh teams in A.

19. Lucchetta

Lucchetta New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    look buddy whoever u are u shut the hell up treviso RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    my 2nd favorite team is pescara and they have really been moving up the serie c1/b table the past couple months. they are in 5th right now which i believe is good enough for a promotion playoff. i delfini return to serie b in 08/09!

21. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    If AlbinoLeffe gets promoted it will be embarassing, don't they bring like 2 or 3 fans to away games and that is it? It would be a "romantic" story for them to be promoted for sure, but FFS I hope its Lecce or Bologna instead. Don't need the attendence figures draging down through the floor.