North Texas Soccer Club (was: FC Dallas II)

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by El Chico Carmona, Nov 3, 2018.

1. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There's no USL League One forum, and no official FCD II thread, so let's post FCD II stuff here. For now.

2. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  3. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    El Chico Carmona repped this.
  5. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So, uh... North Texas SC is the official name.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Typical creativity range for HSG. Woof.

STANDFAST repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We can all complain about the name, logo, GM, whatever...………………...THIS is what's really important. Pepi is a talented youngster tearing thru the development academy, and was recently part of the US U17 team at the Nike Friendlies. Huge to provide a complete pathway for players like him from the academy to the first team. I'm hugely thrilled with both the Bayern Munich partnership and this USL team. We're working hard to find opportunities and to develop our young players.

chazsoccer, El Chico Carmona and Pegasus repped this.
  8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The partnership with Bayern and now NTSC are a monumental step forward. There may end up being a lot of players like Pepi that sign with NTSC and then start getting loaned to Bayern and then sold to them and never play a minute for FCD. And it's ok because FCD will get money instead of a big bag of nothing like they did with McKennie. Does anyone know what the rules are when a 3rd division teams sells a player and how that effects the parent MLS club?

Runhard repped this.
  9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's crappy branding, and I said as much in the form of an animated Elaine Benes GIF on Twitter, but honestly, they could've called it NTSC or FCD 2 or Dallas Tornado or Frisco Inferno or whatever, but the point is that it exists now and it should get FCD Academy products some pro experience so that they can hopefully make the step up to the big team.

Another good thing is that FCD STH are getting in free to NTSC games.

10. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are all home games going to be at Toyota Stadium?

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They say they are looking for other venues for a few of the games. I'd think that field they own in NW Dallas would be ideal. It actually won some sort of award for field quality recently too.

12. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    i'm so happy they called it "soccer club", but then, that made me mad all over again about the FC thing back in '04.

but after that I began to wonder - can a "club" be a single team? Isn't that just a Soccer Team?

heard the logo was done by a team photographer because there is no graphic designer on staff and didn't want to pay an outside 3rd party to design it. it's bizarre in its design.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That will take 0 convincing for me to believe. Sounds very HSG.

ANYWAY, now that I've recovered from my headache from my eyes rolling so hard yesterday; I have to agree with everyone that the team existing is the big thing here. This is going to be great for the club and the organization and we can just laugh off all the other nonsense. Or try to...

14. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just glad they put down the cash to make their players better. If they sell a couple they'll make money on the deal too. Oddly, they often don't like to spend a dollar to make five back. Of course I'm grateful that they make it cheap and easy for me to get good seats.

15. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Now that the team has an official name, can we get a Mod to rename this thread North Texas SC?

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BRB... renaming thread to "Frisco Inferno."

chazsoccer and El Chico Carmona repped this.
  17. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could have been the opportunity to adopt my brother's idea of "Soccer Team Dallas" with the rousing cheer of "S T D (clap)!"

18. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  19. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  20. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to add the additional slogan of "Feel the Burn!"

21. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Does anyone know if any of these games will be streamed or shown on demand via FCD.com or elsewhere? I'm really interested in watching them but getting out to Frisco isn't possible most of the time.

22. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    The games they play in stadium, I would guess they will stream online - they have everything in place to do that, although there's a cost to staff it. But for games away either 'road' games or home games they place at alternate locations (as they've hinted at doing), I'd be surprised.

23. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that to do a real pro job at satellite locations would be hard but I've seen U?? teams do a bare bones job with a single camera on a sort of telescoping pole. Surely they could at least do that with maybe even one commentator.

24. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    League One games will be broadcast by USL Productions it says on their website, which used ESPN+ as it's medium last season.

Pegasus repped this.
  25. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    So, FCD have gone on and poached another talent from Texans SC in their new coach for NTXSC - Eric Quill. Don't know anything about him, but I guess he is also getting his chance as a professional manager as well. Looking forward to this League One season to see what we've got here.

Does anyone know about Quill, other than what was published today?