Nordecke, Inc vs. Crewfighter : Docket 141

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewfighter, Jan 27, 2009.

1. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Necroposting!

2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canadians :rolleyes:

3. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, we just beat Toronto for the Trillum and you're more concerned with digging up old posts about me. :D

Yeah, I'm the one with the problem. Obviously..

4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Well, at least you don't think everything is about you...

I was bored, happened to read it, laughed my ass off and decided to bump it for the hell of it.

And I have a man-crush on you. Yeah, that's it!

5. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must have been really bored at 3 a.m. :D

Anyways, I made my peace with that whole thing. I acted like a little piss ant child about it, but hey I thought it was important at the time and I'm starting to see things differently. I thought down the road that I deserved a dime from it for my contribution, when I don't deserve anything. The Crew has given me enough good times, the least I could do is give something back.

Sure I feel weary about a couple of things as in the end modern football won the rights on this one as from what I heard they paid a couple grand for the trademark. I got my panties in a bunch because obviously if they are paying the couple grand it's important. And, although McCullers said he didn't know the lawyers went through with finalizing the trademark, lawyers just don't go ahead with something without telling their client. So, that's in my opinion B.S.(if you want to trademark it fine, but don't treat us like we are total buffoons in the process of doing so), but I get it as really it doesn't matter what line they feed us because they know were helpless to do anything about it.

Also, if they were doing this to help the section, wouldn't McCullers want to say he actually pushed the trademark through instead of saying he didn't know the lawyers went ahead with it?

Anyways, bitching, moaning, complaining won't get us anywhere. My mom always has some good advice, "don't wish you could have done this that way or done that this way, because you can't, it's in the past so get over it." I have a lot of things in the last year I'm starting to get over (things I wish I would have done or said to my dad, going to law school too soon afterwards and flunking out after a year, etc.) I want to apoligize to everyone for my behavior at times, because yeah I was a bit mentally unstable perhaps. At least I can be honest about it. I mean my grandma, my dad, even my cat died in the last year, lol, my mom is calling me saying she can't afford our house anymore and then I'm studying law 7-10 hours a day, who wouldn't be? :D

But, some of the things I did were pure d**kish, no excuse for them. I regret being such a dbag with Blake's "Nordecke USA" website. It's a wonder anyone still talks to me. Just have to understand, for me right now, on the top things I care about it's my family and what happens in that section. In the past, I had problems seperating myself from the name.

But, in the end(and hopefully this is the end of this discussion), I'm happy the name took off and if they ever make a dime off of the name I hope it goes to the section or at least help funds the team or a transfer. If it makes the rich, richer I won't be totally pleased but then again I can't do anything about that. If there is any market for the name I just hope the suits do the right thing with it.

1 person likes this.
  6. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw, I have no ill will for McCullers or the front office. If I was general manager I would have done the same thing, probably even sooner. They deal with a lot of crap from us, allow us to get away with a lot, and hell even make it easier for me by storing my banners in their lobby after games. We could have it a lot worse, way worse as most people that were there for the Jim Smith days could attest (I only caught the tail end of that). Anyways, as long as they continue to work with us, I can't complain a lot, I don't think none of us can.

In culmination, it's all about the MASSIVE club. Like Frankie said last night, we play all as a team, not individuals(same should go for our groups and no fo vs. us mentality, etc.).

7. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anybody know if they trade marked the name Massive Canaries? I know the Dispatch keeps using the term.

8. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Wow!!!!

Except for this bit...

...that I read three times and still can't make heads or tails of...

This is far and away the best most reasoned and reasonable post by crewfighter ever! I think I need to rep him for it!

9. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    i've never seen this thread.

you are like my cousin. you don't have a filter. everything just "comes out" and there it is.

your grammar and spelling, whoa!

gonna have to fix those things if you want to be a lawyer.

10. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My response above was, in my opinion, okay for a message board. Sure, if I'm writing on Crewture, or writing a paper, I write like 10 more drafts.

But, even if my grammar wasn't perfect throughout, shouldn't yours be beautifully constructed if you're going to call me out? If I was going to call someone out on grammar, I would make sure my response was perfect. Your response with no capital letters and "gonna" and "you are" isn't much better. :rolleyes: But, hey let's be pretentious about my long post that doesn't concern you. Look, the message above is for people that I annoyed on this and a couple other issues. If you were not around for it, I'm not talking to you, so why even post this "if you're not going to say anything nice, don't say nothing at all" response.

And, I'm not in law school anymore, so I ain't "gonna have to fix those things" to be such an awesum lawyer. :rolleyes: Seriously, if I get one more "well, if you want to be a lawyer, you should have better language skills like me" retort, when I have said at least 10 times already that I'm going a different route, I will vomit.

Also, I was recapping my thoughts on this from before, not sure what part of that needs filtering. But, I rather be honest and explain my reactions to this thread, than filter everything I say.

11. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Well, if you're going to be a lawyer, you can't just vomit if somebody says something you don't want to hear.

2 people repped this.
  12. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, and that's why I'm not there anymore.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I knew there was a good reason to necro-post here! Mini-meltdowns galore!

14. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see any meltdowns. Just an explanation. But, ok, wind up artist. :rolleyes:

15. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    what makes you say so?

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I honestly necro-posted here entirely for the purpose of encouraging people to read the hilarity. In fact, the mere fact that I was reading it at all was due to random chance.

I'm glad to see it just keeps on giving.

You're welcome, Crew Board!

1 person likes this.
  17. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Repped! :D

18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What a ********in thread....

HardHatMike, LaMacchia and Draghignazzo repped this.
  19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread was a dumpster fire prior to the Internet falling in love with that phrase.

HardHatMike repped this.
  20. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so damn good.

HardHatMike repped this.