Nordecke, Inc vs. Crewfighter : Docket 141

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewfighter, Jan 27, 2009.

1. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, the scarfs are a very nice design. The t-shirts are right up there with the robot logo, but maybe there will be a few takers. :)

My only little caveat is with the Nordecke USA shirts as well as putting money into making a nicely crafted setup to sale a shirt and a scarf for one game (where is this setup for the Crew merchandise? The supporters websites?), spending money on making a website domain, and all that. I mean to each it's own but the site becomes irrelevant until the next USA game at Crew Stadium. And, with US Soccer flirting with putting the game at Rio Tinto, that could be never. To cut to brass tax, that's a hot little design while all of our supporters groups websites which hold precedent to me at least are not looking as hot. HSH hasn't been updated since our team sucked and LTA doesn't even have one.

And, I couldn't care on how people want to use the name "Nordecke" to market but I think there is a way to go about it with some dignity. I just would have enough courtesy and respect for anyone else that comes up with something in the section to at least give them a heads up on what is going on. Some people involved thought the name "Nordecke" sucked around March last year. I'm not looking for a say, just a little courtesy.

The marketing here isn't that bad. I disagree more with the allocation but anyone in the section can advance the name in anyway they want. I know that I'm not going to market it anytime soon because I neither have the time or the interest or the money because I'm flat out broke, I can't buy a fancy web design(instead I have to spend over 50 hours making modest improvements to my dinky little blog) so someone has to do it. But, I would love to at least nod my head and pretend like I have a small fake say(like the Queen of England or something :)) in something I made up last January.

Hell, if anyone else in the section came up with the name or anything else that would make sense, but that's life.

2. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Re: Commemorative USA vs. Mexico Scarf: On Sale Now!

Crewfighter invented Toronto.

Give it up already. Everyone on here knows you suggested Nordecke to a large audience.

3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Reading this makes me want to buy even more scarves and tshirts.

4. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, Crewfighter, when you graduate from law school and pass the bar exam, you can bloody well sue us all.

5. paris1129

paris1129 Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Yawn.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio

Double-yawn.

He never gets tired of himself, does he?

7. Wearethecrew1

Wearethecrew1 Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Athens/Westerville
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If youre not going to market it, then why do you give a shit?

8. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Your missing the point.

Lol, ok say you, fid are living in the 1900's in Meadville, PA and you have this little mom and pop store and you create zippers. Then a big corporation sees your idea and starts making pants with zippers and making all this cash off of your wonderful little idea. Would you be a little miffed that you were not even a part of the process? Or even worth mentioning the idea to?

I'm sure the money for the scarfs is going to the Supporters through Crew Union. The scarfs are cool not even debating the wonderful scarfs. But, I have no clue who is profitting off of the Nordecke USA gear or even who are the organizers other than Blake.

Blake pulled in a couple G's selling tickets at Ruby's this season. If it's for the section I'm cool with it. But, if anyone is making a profit under the name "Nordecke" I have a personal problem with it.

And, I speculate, because I don't know shit.

9. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because:
    A.) I might in the future.
    B.) Since I came up with the name, I care how other people market it (I have a right to care. A right to have an opinion on it, how the name is used for marketing. Etc.)
    C.) The "Nordecke" name is part of a style change that I contributed to the supporters group transformation. I have put different style ideas out there through my blog through songs, banner ideas, etc. Nordecke is a part of that and the style that it is used in is a concern to me.
    D.) All I'm asking to be is somewhat involved in the marketing ideas when it comes to the name "Nordecke." Jesus, it's not like I'm asking for complete control of the name. Just before a t-shirt goes on sale to the whole internet buying world, I would at least like to have a damn sneak peek or an idea of what is going out there.

I don't think that is unreasonable. If I started selling Hudson Street Hooligan shirts or CSU gear I'm sure they would at least like to know what's up, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even be that friendly.

Think about it. Are CSU leaders concerned with the image of their group, their products, and how they are portrayed? Yes. Are HSH leaders concerned with the image of their group, their products, and how they are portrayed? Sure. So, I can't even be somewhat involved in something I came up with? Ok, that's fair. Screw you all very kindly. :) All I'm asking for is involvement. And, that involvement is just "hey check out what we are making."

I'm cool with the shirts. My only real problem is that I had no idea of the shirts and that comes from people I like and consider myself friends with in the section the most.

10. OU9601

OU9601 Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Lancaster, Ohio

[​IMG]

11. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyways, I apoligize for the "slander" towards Blake. I talked to him just a little bit ago and although I disagree about some things everything is ok. He thought "Nordecke USA" was different than "Nordecke", I have my reservations but screw it, I need to get a life. :)

12. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

is your problem people using it at all? or people using it and the money not going to improving the groups?

i assumed when tickets (and now this merch) were being sold as the Crew Supporters allotment at a $10 (minues fees) mark-up (and now nordecke merch) that the money was funneling back to the groups.

i thought it was rather ingenius. sell tickets to the USA game and merch to not just the normal Crew supporters but supporters coming into town from all over the USA. take that money to make improvement for the CREW nordecke. fund more buses and buy down cost of away trips. we will dominate other people's stadiums because they gave us money in the winter to come and do it. SUCKERS

are you now saying that money isn't making its way back to the supporters groups and thats why you're a little miffed? or is it that just someone is using the name for any purpose without asking you? i'm a bit lost in your posts CF.

13. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So what you're saying is that Blake is skimming money off the top of supporters group ticket sales for himself? That's quite a statement. I never knew self interest and exploitation of fellow fans was so rampant in the northeast corner.

14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio

And that's the problem...

15. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Jesus Ryan, quit your bitching.

16. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

my first job after college was with a start up that was sold to venture capitalist. They asked for name ideas. I can assure you, the person who thought of the name received no money or royalties from the name.

I realize this isn't the exact same situation here. But seriously, you think because you thought of the name that you should always be consulted about it's use?

Should Zak be consulted everytime the term "Massive" is used to describe the Crew on something?

If someone makes a giant Tweety banner, should Arace be consulted first?

Of course whatsherface supposidly tried to copywrite the phrase "That's hot" so who knows.

If you have any reason to think someone is making personal profit off of it, you might have a reason to be upset. But is there any reason to assume the money isn't going back to the supporters group(s)?

17. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Since Toronto invented whiny bitching, we now owe them royalties. I suggest this thread be locked immediately.

18. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

TFCFighter? It has a good ring to it.

The sad reality is that with Blake skimming money off the top :rolleyes: and TFCFighter needing to be consulted with everything that happens in the stadium the question needs to be raised:

Is it time to trademark the names of the supporters groups and Nordecke especially if there is any money being collected for tshirts/scarves/coffee mugs?

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's easy.

If someone wants to sell Nordecke merchandise and funnel the profits back into the section, be it for tailgates, tifo, roadtrips, website hosting, or other benefits for the group, there shouldn't be a problem.

If someone wants to sell Nordecke merchandise and funnel that into their personal funds for college/bills/whatever, that isn't a good idea.

I know little about trademarks, but ISTM that if Nordecke should be trademarked, the reason to do it would be so other groups not affiliated with Crew supporters could use it against us.

20. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The 2009 Crew Season will be the best ever in my opinion. I think we can really make it special with organization, TIFO and roadtrips to away games. I hope everyone else wants to participate and watch as we punk the rest of the teams in the MLS.

As for all these accusations from CrewFighter, I don't really feel a need to defend anything, because he is way off base and rather then finding out for himself first he decided to post multiple rants on a thread about Scarves. We have talked since then and we seem to be on the same page for most things but the speculative BS that he wrote on here is not true, and I trust that most people realize that because they know me or have atleast dealt with me in the past.

21. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In the coming days I will register Nordecke, Inc. with the Ohio Secretary of State. And if Nordecke, Inc. happens to be unavailable, then I'll register Nordecke Holdings LLC. It's express purpose will be to resell tickets obtained at favorable FO rates at a profit to unsuspecting n00b family fans. I will also sell articles of clothing with both authorized and pirated versions of Crewfighter's likeness, as well as my own, depicting me assisting him in the third goal of the MLS Cup Final. Furthermore, I will extort Nordecke membership dues from any and all groups hoping to reside in the northeast corner. Fear will keep the local systems in line - fear of this battle station.

Finally, Nordecke tv will become a reality, bumping STO or BTN from your local subscription package. In short, I will profit from the love all of you have for the Crew and no one can stop me.

22. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have a problem if money made off of the name "Nordecke" doesn't go to the section. I'm not saying all of it has to because not everyone makes stuff for the hell of it but most of it does or to charity or whatever.

I was told last night it's going to go towards the section. I have no way of knowing if it will for sure but I guess I have to trust people.

And, if it was just some random Crew fans starting it up I understand. I just wasn't told anything about it by people that knew I came up with the name way back during Metapan. I was told that's because I have a big mouth and I would of spewed everything all over the internet before it was ready. My reply to that is I don't have secrets and I only have a big mouth when I don't know what's going on. Chris Keeney told me not to put things on the internet that he told me and I didn't. If someone tells me not to put something on the internet, I won't put it on there.

And, I'm not a big fan of the design. I would of went with Old English lettering and a silhoutte of one of those scarfed US fans through some sort of permission, or a Dempsey pumped up after scoring a US goal, or a Frankie. I think the three shaded blocks are kind of lame, especially since we are on the stage.

But, whatever, I got to get over it. Nothing I can do about it anyways except b*tch. :)

23. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Blake would of went with "Stage USA" this could all be adverted. :)

I think everyone on here has me pegged the wrong way, which is fine. I really think that there should be a board in charge of money throughout the section. I also think I should have at least a say in how "Nordecke" is used. Everyone really should have a say. That's where I come back to the whole board thing. Have people elect 3 HSH, 3 LTA, and 3 CSU leaders, and 3 independents(for Crew Mob and what have you). Then there is accountability for every decision.

Sorry, for being soooooo conceited :rolleyes: but I think it's fair that the originator of anything in the section at least can put two cents into how what he adds to the process gets used. I know the name's bigger then that but come on, isn't that how it works everywhere else.

Anyways, could someone else just come up with a new cool name? Like we should pick a new name each year? So I don't have to worry about this stupid crap anymore. Seriously, I should be writing a paper instead of debating the Nordecke name.

Please get a trademark Matteo. Screw it.

24. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You originated the name....bfd.

I would think that the leaders of the three supporters groups would be "in charge" of Nordecke. If you are one of the leaders of one of the groups, then I would say you would be part of the decision making process. Otherwise, I don't think everyone should bow down to you at every chance just because you came up with the name.

25. chmk

chmk New Member

Jul 5, 2007
    E. Lane Ave
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I suggested the name Massive Radio.

Can I get some credit on the show or something, Ryan :p