Non-Japanese Japan fans on this forum?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Spherical, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Oh god. Please don't turn this into another one of those BigSocceresque threads. It's been a friendly, pleasant conversaion so far, something I've been loving here since the "reformation" of BigSoccer moderation policy. Please don't bring back what I used to hate the most about this site.

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    actually, for me it's the complete opposite:) I fell in love with japanese soccer first, and then as i got an interest in Japan as a country too after WC 2002 i started listening to music, watching movies, making japanese friends etc. so no, it's not like this for everyone. And our swedish friend seolseol has pretty much the same approach to it as well.

3. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was agreeing with you :D

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    1. Australia

2. (a) Well, seeing that the JNT was playing pretty good at the right time and when I really became passionate about the sport.
    (b) They being an Asian team (c) I had interest in Japan as a country and Culture (d) The Japanese team all have groovy hair and stood out from the pitch (e) my country's national team was non existant, and i wasn't exposed to a lot of Australian soccer.

3. favourite player- you all by now should know I am an avid J. Inamoto fan, even though I do bitch about the guy , he's still my fave.
    I like Okubo because he's such a ganster as goru or seolseol says, he brings out the rebel!
    Yasuhito Endo, Ryuji Bando and Daisuke Matsui.

4. as for rise and fall... as we've seen in the past few years, they'll be the same ol' japan and fluctuate.

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    The only way you can buy player shirts are online, unless you know a lot of people from japan that can send you one to you. And you pay in return. Ask depflight, i think she still responds to emails. http://footballjapan.blog14.fc2.com/
    her emails on her outdated blog.

6. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    wow I just realized how many non-japanese people there are here. :eek: even shuvy, who i was sure was japanese isnt. :eek:

7. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    dude... practically I am a Japanese. That's like calling Robert Cullen as a foreigner.

8. Golazo!!

Golazo!! Red Card

Jul 1, 2007
    question: are you of a asian background, or a caucasian or etc.??

was so sure you were ethnically japanese after all your posts and whatnot. :p

9. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re-read my first post, I said... my parents are from bangladesh.

10. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    It saddens me to see that some people still attempt to stereotype one's national loyalty (or an identification/implication of such) through his/her supposed ethnic heritage. Then again, I must admit it's still seen all over the world, though some countries fair somewhat better than others. Nonetheless, this exchange of conversation has been a stark reminder of the distance some people still need to cover to overcome it, perceptively and conceptually.

Oh well. A thought for the day :eek:

11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1. Your nationality
    I'm American, but don't strongly feel American. Lived in Japan for 3 years, though my Nihongo is quite poor.

2. What you like about Japan NT
    Lately it's hard to say as I haven't been able to catch a game. So instead I'll mention what I like about JLeague: the emphasis on technique, on the atmosphere, and on the entertainment aspect combined with professionalism.

3. Your favorite Japanese player
    I knew Shunsuke when he played for Yokohama and the first European team I started following was Celtic so... it's kind of obvious for me.

4. Your future vision about Japanese soccer (will it rise or fall? etc.)
    I think it is steadily rising. Japanese players are better every year and Europe is starting to take more than a passing interest. I think the NT has reached a plateau with very skilled midfielders dominating, but that it will pass as other parts of Japans' game catch up.

5. Anything else you would like to add
    Anybody got tips on how to catch some games now that I'm back in the states? =P
    I've tried getting into some MLS but it's just not the same.

12. toda7

toda7 New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Poland , Przemy&#347
    1. Your nationality
    2. What you like about Japan NT
    3. Your favorite Japanese player
    4. Your future vision about Japanese soccer (will it rise or fall? etc.)
    5. Anything else you would like to add

Getting foreign fans would help out Japan NT... Maybe.

1. I come from Poland, I live in city named Przemyśl

2. Characters of Japan Players, everybody in team are individuality, they are like some super heroes, something like X-Man :D, every one have some difrent skils.
    First time NT i saw in 2002 in match against belgium, end what i saw team of players with anime design hairstyles, every single players have difrent style of hairstyle and playing
    I remember Toda end Myojin how thei fight, tackle, end showing great marking in whole tournament. Since then i watched almost every match of Japan Nt (belive me its hard to doing such thing in Poland)
    I almost cry when i watche Asian Cup match against Bahrain.

3. Hehe there is so many fantastic players ,... but my faovorites its Kazuyuki Tod (Enfaunt terible of J.league) Ryuji Bando (he should play NT regulary) Jungo Fujimoto, Teruyoshi Ito (both becouse I love Shimisu end thei are basement of this team) Nobuhisa Yamad, Takahito Soma, Noatake Hany, Yoshinoby Minowa, Chikara Fujimoto .......Stop

4. Will be at the same level if Okada will be coach longer, since 2002 Japan Nt leve fall whole the time. This team need some great coach with big name in the world, who give this team something new.

5. I like whole asian football, end I know that saying that give me enemies in this blog becouse people's of those countries are "not goog friends"
    but my dream is that some europen team have in squad 3 asians , one from Japan, one China ,end one from Korea :eek:.
    Watching one europ team people from 3 countries wil be happy thenks to that solution.
    Peace team : GK A.Boruc(Poland)
    DR Hossei Kaebi (Iran)DLC S.Cetin(Turkey)DRCT.Dellas(Grek)DL Y.Zhirkov(Russia)
    DMC L.Cana(Albania)AMC S.Nakamura (Japan) ML Shao Jiayi(China)
    MR P.J.Sunk(Korea)
    FC N.Zigić(Serbia) FC G.Pandev(Macedonia)
    I know they kill themselves :D

13. bomberhead

bomberhead New Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    this is a great thread, it's so interesting to hear from japan fans all around the world. keep it up guys!

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha :D

15. connz17

connz17 New Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    thanks for that. i think a childrens jersey would be good to wear, i want something that's a bit tight fitting, don't like the look of loose jerseys. they're really hard to find and i imagine would only be available in japan (still would be hard to find there if they even exist).
    whereabouts in aus are you?

seems to be a lot of half japanese half aussie guys around, cool. i haven't seen many.
    have you guys had a photo thread of members in this particular forum? that would be interesting, i'd like to put faces to the names.

16. Spherical

Spherical New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Great to see that this thread is going friendly and peaceful. I was kind of expecting it to be infected by trolls. Glad that my pessimism was betrayed.

To the hoping that Japan can do something at South Africa 2010! Oh yeah, need to qualify first. :p

17. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    1. Your nationality: Singaporean
    2. What you like about Japan NT: I liked the way the team played under Osim in 2006, especially with the insertion of Tulio and Suzuki into the NT setup.
    3. Your favorite Japanese player: Tulio, for having the balls to join in the attack even from the back line.
    4. Your future vision about Japanese soccer (will it rise or fall? etc.): Osim spoke about having to 'Japanise' Japanese football, so I'm looking forward to seeing that come to fruition.
    5. Anything else you would like to add ;): Although I'll definitely root for my NT in all cases (despite it being ridiculed at times), Japan has a special place for me as a supporter of football.

By the way, that was some really great fun last night singing in the freezing cold rain. I forgot to bring along a raincoat or change of clothes as well. :rolleyes:

18. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I'm from Melbourne;)

19. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

demo... kanai wa nihonjin ... :(

edit: hmm, not really sure if theres restrictions on posting in foreign languages... but... not exactly rocket science there either :p

20. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    i guess shuvy is seeing how it really pans out or just seeing how funny that certain poster is.

21. Video Newbie

Video Newbie New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Back in US :(
    1. nationality: "A BLOODY YANK" or American

2. Japan NT: There passing around the field to set-up there chances (now, making those chances into goals, that's a different story in itself).

3. favorite player: currently - Daisuke Matsui, Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi. previously - Hidetoshi Nakata

4. future - I hope it improves, particularly the FWs. Probably have peaks and valleys. I think it will stay in a range from Asia final round WC qualifiers to maybe making the quarter-finals in a WC, don't see them winning the whole thing.

5. I got use to watching them while working in Okinawa from 2001 until after the 2006 World Cup. I kind of enjoyed making some the movie files of the NT the last year I was there, and posting them for others to see.:) Now with me back in the States', I'm stuck with seeing the YouTube clips and using P2P software to watch the matches live early in the morning here. But, I have my newlywed wife from Kanagawa-ken with me now :D (still waiting on the immigration papers to run it's course). So, I'll always have some Japan with me.

VN

22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    lucky lucky! :D

23. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    good idea;)

will u do the honour of starting it?:cool:

24. Theinichi-redded

Theinichi-redded Red Card

Jun 27, 2008
    Hello.

1)
    I am Zainichi Korean (ethnic Korean residents like Tadanari Lee or Chong Tese who emigrated to Japan during the colonial period) but I always support Japan because my real home is shit. :D

2)
    I was born and raised in Japan, so I love Japan. :D

3)
    Yoichiro Kakitani (18), he is still a raw kid, but ********ing talented. :D

4)
    J. League should get more exporsure in Japan! When they catch up with NPB (baseball league), Japanese football is always bright.

25. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    People, please stop bringing racial topics in Bigsoccer. We have no room for racism in BigSoccer. Just my opinion though, in very race/ethnicity, there are good, bad, well educated, and illiterate people, and every culture have different values and morals. Thus, generalizing one race as the "evil" one, shows the lack of global knowledge in your part.

The next offender will be receive severe suctions. You have been warned.
    UNITE AGAINST RACISM and keep the threads clean.
    Thanks.

Little bit of both. I have a great level of patients, and I do not get mad easily. But then I figure I did not wanted this thread to go downhill.