No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I hate AS

Crimson, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Midfield looks thin

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kroos only 27. Has 6+ years left in him. They should have included him.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it took Perez 15 years to finally realize a good defensive midfielder is needed to run the team and ofcourse the player has to be good regardless if marketable or not bu that's not the only thing, there was no reason to let go of di maria in 2014 but we did and it wasn't about form or who was the better player

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was about Di Maria wanting more money. He's apparently on the market this summer, which would make that his third move in 4 seasons.

Crimson, 9Qui and temesgen repped this.
  7. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata's destination changes daily. Tomorrow the rumour will be PSG.

The obvious choice is Chelsea. Conte is an admirer, they have the money, CL football and Morata is a guaranteed starter with Costa leaving. Alvaro is made for the EPL game and should get plenty of service there. Seems like a no brainer to me.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All recent reports have been about them going for Lukaku. Scored 25 goals in PL this season.

Ahmadi8 and zeemov repped this.
  9. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius Jr. - Mbappé - Asensio
    Kroos - Llorente - Isco/Kovacic/Odegaard
    Theo - Vallejo - Varane - Dani
    DDG (It's pretty much done)

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  10. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I think Di Maria left to make room for James and Kroos back then. After winning La Decima, everyone thought BBC is gonna be the best attacking trio ever and Perez wanted to include two players that shined through the WC (three, if you include Navas). So if he stayed on the team, he most likely wouldn't be a starter.

About the defensive midfielder thing, I think we have to thank Zidane. Both Carlo (after Alonso left) and Benitez relied on a midfield with Kroos-Modric and James or sometimes Isco. We were just lucky enough to find out Casemiro was actually a solid DM.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Shay Z, Zidane05, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Nah.

If posters are inclined to make Isco a deeper player:

Mbappe - Morata
    Asensio
    Isco -- Kova
    Llorente
    Theo - Varane - Vallejo- Carvajal
    Oblak​

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Morata, Milan is optimistic despite Manchester United's interest: the latest

After playing two seasons at Juventus, Alvaro Morata is considering returning to Serie A. While his priority was to go back to the bianconeri, Mandzukic's recent extension has closed that door- but there's the possibility of joining Milan, a club looking to revamp their front line. Morata has a personal reason to return to Serie A, his future wife is Italian and he's now gathering information on the rossoneri's new project.

Milan is becoming more optimistic they can complete the deal despite competition from Manchester United, Mourinho called Morata as he's interested in bringing him to Old Trafford but Morata's preference is to return to Italy with Milan giving him the chance to do so. The rossoneri's strategy is to first reach an agreement with Morata before negotiating with Real Madrid, after the Champions League final in Cardiff, directors Mirabelli and Fassone will travel to Spain to try to complete the deal for a key player for their attack.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/mora...espite-manchester-uniteds-interest-the-latest

14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    The latest:

Morata as good as gone to AC Milan - 60me reported fee - Multiple sources
    Morata rejected Man Utd - Sky Sports Italia
    Morata flying to Milan to finalise, announced after the UCL final - Marca

DDG transfer has cooled a lot, RM do not like the asking price coupled with Navas' recent form - El Confidencial

Man City will sign Ederson this week for 35million pounds+, so we missed out there. - @city_watch

James has signed pre-contract with Man Utd - Colombian Radio

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    BEIN says James is going to inter. So confused

Digital repped this.
  16. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Silly season for a reason.

Edit just saw BEIN's source is Sport Italia, they are ********ing shit fyi, then again I have no idea about Colombian Radio lol

temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Doesn't seem like United are really interested in James. I think he will also sign a striker along with those four positions.

Jose Mourinho targets four summer signings for Manchester United

Jose Mourinho is targeting four top signings at Manchester United this summer, with Antoine Griezmann the primary target.

Mourinho has also made signing a central defender a priority, with Michael Keane, Virgil van Dijk and Victor Lindelof the three options United are considering at the position.

In addition, United are also looking to add a central midfielder and a versatile defender capable of playing either right or left back.

Sky Sports News HQ understands United are confident of fighting off interest from Real Madrid in David de Gea after securing Champions League qualification for next season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ts-four-summer-signings-for-manchester-united

I hope he goes to Inter. Let United remain mediocre.

18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if we win the CL, I don't expect any big signing this summer. Perez will stick to his BBC.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappe is a pretty safe bet to be honest. Llorente, Theo and Mbappe are all looking very likely. The goalkeeper position is a tough one.

20. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    we don't need some big changes. Theo,Vallejo and Llorente and imo question with Mbappe. James out for sure, Morata also.

21. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or he just push Benzema to the bench permanently.

22. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also think Chelsea makes a lot of sense for those reasons and assumed like everyone else he'd be going there.

But I could see why he'd prefer going to Milan.

First off I love London but I imagine most would much rather live in Lombardy, and his fiance is Italian. Second, his familiarity with Serie A.

But there's also this: Milan, despite recent events, is European royalty and historically one of the five biggest clubs on earth (and the only club that has more than our European cups * 0.5 :D) If you think the right people are in place, it's a chance to get in on the ground floor of a project that could bring Milan back to its historical place (a bit like joining us in 2009). It's a chance to become a club legend at a place where that actually means something.

23. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So nobody wants to talk about how boss Mbappe's goal celebration is?

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    YES!

NO!

25. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Losing James and Morata together in one season is going to be really sad :( Love both players.

Deep Pal repped this.