No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    That's my beef with this as well. We have a perfectly good homegrown player that's undervalued so we throw him away.

Deep Pal, temesgen, raven3k and 2 others repped this.
  2. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    I love Morata and am sad to see him leave if he does, but I'm not crushed. He often seemed better as a sub than as a starter and I could never figure out why. There were a couple of times where he'd amazingly off the bench, got the start, and then was invisible.

If it were Benz vs. Morata, I'd rather keep Morata. He's young and homegrown and hows fire.

If it's Morata vs. Mbappe, I'm not really crushed for Morata leaving. I think Morata is the absolute perfect squad striker (and often starter) for a team like Madrid, but I don't see him as ever being a transcendent talent who will carry the front line for the best club in the world. He deserves the option to be the absolute man on a team, though, as he would be on 95% of clubs. So if he goes to pursue that, I'll be sad but respect it. Kind of like Higuain, who was one of my favorite players ever.

Mbappe is more of a risk, ut he might be that level of R9-CR7 transcendent talent to build a Madrid-level front line around.

Anon., Deep Pal, MiamiNative0722 and 2 others repped this.
  3. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    And the fact that he may be gone because of Benzema makes it even worse

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Yes, if he ends up going with Benzema staying, we sold the wrong one.

temesgen repped this.
  5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    No doubt .

6. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has everything needed to be a top striker even today, the potential thing just states that he can even get better as top strikers usually peak at 28... I think perez has an issue with spanish forwards as i dont think he ever liked having raul on the team to begin with but raul was just too good and too loved by the fans and he let go of Morientes eventhough he was doing very well back then, he still has the Zidane y Pavons in his mind when from the beginning it should have been Zidanes y Rauls... thing is the Pavons now are carvajal and soon to be llorente and vallejo who are already or are projected to be world class

Morata is as good as they come, some are judging him as not good enough because of 1 or 2 bad games this year when honestly hes impressed a lot this year and its obvious hes ready to be a starting striker for a world class team including Real madrid, anyone willing to let that go to bet on an 18 year old is really heading into a bad gamble, ronaldo is on the exit regardless of his recent form, benzema is no where near good enough and bale is always injured, we need someone already experienced enough to take over in the next few years we dont want 2009 to happen again

manofsteel repped this.
  7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    About Raul, remember that when he had just come off his best year Flo went and got Ronaldo and then Owen a year later.

manofsteel repped this.
  8. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'd say that the Florentino Perez of 2017 is very different from the Florentino of 2004.

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Selling Morata instead of Benzema only makes sense in one aspect, Benzema has absolutely no value in the market. Other than losing Morata is a real dick punch.

It will hurt to lose Morata but............

..................some Mbappe balm would help with the pain though.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If James and Alvaro (both players I like a lot) are to leave I'm pleased to see them go to the two Milan sides. For one Serie A will suit James better than EPL. Secondly it brings the two Milan clubs back into relevance but not so much to be a threat to us in any way.

Anon., 9Qui, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Those two clubs are doomed . Maybe is bad management but they just cant get it together. And is not the lack of players either.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure Morata could live up to what is expected of Benzema. He's the underdog now, but if Benzema leaves the club, the expectations for Morata would not be to be better than a struggling Benzema, it would be to be one of the top players in Europe.

Deep Pal, Digital and Fuera del Juego repped this.
  13. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    perhaps with inter yes since they have a squad that shouldve made it in the top 4 so it is not a quality issue

but AC milan truly lack any quality aside from 4-5 players that are always injured as well and they managed to make the europa league so they would want to improve their squad now... mussachio and romagnoli should give them a good solid defense ahead of donnaruma, they will need to upgrade their midfeild there was news about fabregas but i doubt he would leave chelsea

Morata would be a massive upgrade upfront

14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

does Don Floro post on RMBS and/or read our drivel?

Reveal yourself, we'll be nice, I promise!

sneakking, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  15. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I agree with 98% of your post, tbh I don't see Ronaldo leaving the team any time soon and I expect him to be good on the next season too (if Zidane keeps this rotation system he used). Benz and Bale have to leave but I don't expect it to happen.

Perez' plan of "Zidanes y Pavones" was meant to be "a mix of world class superstars and Spanish players". Thing is that, on recent season, many Pavones are actually better than "Zidanes". Nacho, Asensio, Vasquez, Isco, Morata etc had more contribution to the team than Benzema, Bale and even Navas and Ronaldo for some times this season. And as we have a player who is already between these two categories (of Zidanes and Pavons), who is Carvajal, I can't understand why we don't allow Isco, Morata and in the future Llorente, Asensio, Vallejo etc to become stars on this team. Instead, we are always searching on the market for the most expensive/what's in fashion transfers. That's what we did in 2014 with James and he never managed to fulfill his potential as WC's best player. I don't see why we have to spent millions on someone to be considered a star, ffs.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wasn't it Galacticos + Canteranos?

9Qui repped this.
  17. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the reason for this is that Perez loves marketable players, but at the same time sucks at noticing marketing potential in many of these players. he gets a boner when he hears ppl talking about Mbappe or anyone whos making the news and immediately wants a piece of it.

when he first got to madrid he wanted to sell casillas who was young and get another famous keeper but couldnt manage it and casillas grew to be the most marketable goalkeeper in the world. same story with ronaldinho who he didnt get because he was ugly but really became the most famous football player on the planet along with the best player on the planet.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Attack could be pretty great with Morata as a CF and Mbappe on the left. I get that Ronaldo isn't going anywhere but we should sell Benz, keep Morata and get first right of refusal on Mbappe.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Errrrr.... We've all known for a while that Alma merengue is Don Floro incognito.

I disagree. I think our best shot of signing him is now. We shouldn't play games. Sign the kid and lets dominate.

Anon. and raven3k repped this.
  20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Fine, sell Benzema this summer. Morata has much more utility. I'd be much happier going into next season with Morata, Ronaldo and Mbappe than Ronaldo, Benz and Mbappe.

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If only this world made sense temesgen. ***sigh***

temesgen repped this.
  22. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    In Morata's case, Madridista girls are crazy about him, so it can't be that:ROFLMAO:

There's a huge difference between a "marketable" and an actually good player. James is considered to be much more marketable/famous/star than Casemiro, but guess who is a starter on Zidane's era.. Even Danilo came here as Portugese league's hottest prospect lol. When you play for Real Madrid you are either a star or a star in the making. So I don't know how a Monaco/Tottenahm/United etc player is more marketable than a REAL MADRID player.

I think its pretty much the same thing

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So Bernardo cost 52 ME not 80 like initial reports. At least will keep Mbappe's price to reported 100 ME and not much more.

24. DeRay30

DeRay30 Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't want DDG. We still need to replace Navas though. Get the young prodigy from AC Milan.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It would be almost perfect if we ditched DDG, and bought Mbappe to join Theo, Marcos and Vallejo.

Only thing that would make it better would be Dortmund not selling Dembele, giving us a year to get rid of Bale and Benzema to make space.

WhiteBlood repped this.