No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    some of you guys actually think Bale is going to be sold? your having a laugh, he isn't going anywhere..

kweyork repped this.
  2. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Donnarumma is not ready. Keylor Navas is fantastic. You guys are F'in haters.

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Perez needs to be run out of Madrid if he ********ing backs this move. Hope to god he doesn't get re-elected after this stupidity we've seen the last couple of seasons. The protection of stars and constant playing time no matter what. Time to go Perez.

4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Seriously? We just won CL last year, this year we are leading Liga and in SF of CL. His transfers have generally worked out, even the ones I was adamantly opposed to showed good judgement in retrospect.

Perez has done a great job this time round, and has kept a good image of the club whilst doing it. I don't want any Calderons etc coming in as President.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    David De Puta for 75M????

Sigh.... this is gonna be a looooong summer.

sleepyvato50, YOUNGSTARS87 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I ********ing hate Perez.

Halycon and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo
    Isco - Kroos - James
    Llorente - Kovacic/Modric
    Marcelo - Ramos - Felipe Monteiro - Dani
    Ederson

Yuri, Felipe, Ederson and Mbappé are all we need.

8. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

ronaldo aint going in the st role though

9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yall gotta cut Don Floro some slack and just take the good with the bad. He ain't anywhere near perfect but it could be so much worse.

Anon., RMSocrates, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    GK is one of the easiest spots to fill on a squad and yet we have to use up a huge amount of our precious transfer money on that goofy looking fool.

I don't care how wealthy the Chinese owners over at Milan are, if we drop 50M on the table, how do they not say yes? Still be overpaying but at least we are overpaying for the right guy.

11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it'd take a lot more than 50m, but it has to be worth at least exploring if the alternative is DDG at 70m.

sneakking and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea the fee is kind of crazy but the player isn't that bad. I know a lot of people aren't feeling DDG after the drama of the last attempt to buy him but its not like we're getting some random GK. He is young, Spanish, and Spain's #1.

Flo needs a statement signing this summer. We have a surplus of attacking players and loanees coming back to fill out the spots we need. GK and backup LB is the only thing we need.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Oh that's right.. Zidane also said that Cristiano is not a CF and never will (paraphrasing).. so there goes that theory of playing him as CF next season.

14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    It could be a lot better. Influencing line ups is a line no president should cross.

I'll admit his diplomacy with other clubs and ability to get stars to come to Madrid should be recognised. No doubt he is great at that. However I still think the club will be able to attract players long after Perez too. I'm tired of him protecting his galactico signings in every way. It's why I hoped to see a sporting director like Monchi take over and keep his influence to a minimum.

15. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wasn't kaka sold?????

doubt he's protecting anyone

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    English media gave Flo a lot of crap when United signed Pogba. Taking their best player of last few years would be the perfect headline making move from his perspective. A Top class GK would have saved us a few more points this season. Ederson is with Benfica and has a 45 ME buyout apparently so might not be that cheap despite not proven at the highest level.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane chose Lucas ahead of James for long periods in the season. Shouldn't he have told ZZ to start James if that was the case? He's 80 ME world cup star and our only big star in South American market. ZZ is as biased towards Benz as anyone else and was publicly asking for Bale signing in 2012 and even went to watch him play against Lyon etc. I don't think anyone is responsible for his lineups. He also easily started Casemiro over James when Rafa was scared to do the same due to perception.

libertao, Umar, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9293 Akramzizou, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Lol at people criticizing Perez's transfers. We have by far the best squad in the world, and our depth + squad age is ridiculous. We bought Asensio for < 5M, Isco and Kovacic for < 30M, and have youth team players like Morata, Carvajal, and Nacho actually contributing to the team. Our transfers have been very very very good lately, with cheap and very talented players coming in, unlike the 80% miss, 20% hit days of Calderon or the Galacticos only early days of Perez.

Look at who Utd has signed lately, or more laughably Barcelona. Even Bayern who are known to be very shrewd havent been on the same level in the market as us. I dont like De Gea as an option after what he has done two summers ago, but talentwise there is no debate he would improve our team. If we do sign him, life will move on like how Bayern fans accepted Neuer.

Even demo would be happy with our transfers lately lol

Anon., Hsain85, WhiteBlood and 8 others repped this.
  19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    To bad our manager is not playing the best players. If so, our best squad in the world would already be La Liga champions two weeks ago.

70+ million is insanity for goally. Especially considering price before was substantially lower, and that ********er signed contract extension. He can go fck himself.

Halycon repped this.
  20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Absolutely. I think Floro gets some really unjustified shit from some people. He is an easy target I guess. Show me one executive or club who has a 100% hit record? Our transfers have been super solid the last few years.

raven3k and 9Qui repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Yeah, but what happens in summer is what matters. It is like milking a cow fantastically, and when near full you spill the bucket!

9Qui repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    What's the use of the transfers if his chosen ones play no matter what?

Digital, janos audron and 9Qui repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

-Reivax- repped this.
  24. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing wrong with our current standing in la liga and UCL. Its not zidane's fault the players didn't convert all those chances against barca or atleti or the other team we could have beat two weeks ago.

70+ million is a drop in the bucket considering we haven't splurged for the last two summer transfer windows. the onus was one keylor to lock down his place here, he did a good job last season which is why zidane placed his confidence in him and refused to push the de gea move last summer. keylor dropped the ball this season however unfair that may seem given he came off an injury earlier in the season. The campaign isn't over nonetheless lets see what his performances are like as he has been doing well lately. But the de gea move isn't a travesty.

AriGold and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Excellent. Bring Mendy & Felipe and we got that backline solid for 5 years.