No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We already have 80 million player rotting on the bench, and now the plan is to keep BBC and bring another 70+ million player to rotate him?

If Zidane does not sell Benzema in the summer, for all i care he can relocate himself to another club. And take Benzema with him.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Going by Flo's recent comments, I don't expect Benz to be sold this summer. Best case scenario would be a smooth transition. If Morata leaves, I want either Auba or Mbappe for different reasons. Auba can displace Benz finally or Mbappe could do it in his 2nd year and be our forward for next 10 years.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Isco can essentially become the new Guti if he signs that new contract.
    He has to give this a lot thought if this is what he really wants for his future career.

4. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where did he play that season? Oh that's right LCM/LM to replace Di Maria in the starting XI. And as many of us have predicted, the only starters at risk are Casemiro (Llorente) and Navas (De Gea). So if your argument is that James' signing indicates that we'll buy star attackers even with the BBC, you may want to come up with new examples.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think Benz will be a definite stater if we have someone like Auba. That's my opinion. You can have yours. I don't see Ron or Bale being rotated, but Benz is not that level despite BBC brand in the media. He still only got 7 ME after negotiations when Bale was on 10 ME(now 18 ME). He will also turn 30 this year. Why would Morata stay if we sign a big name striker anyway with Benz leaving? He'd still be a sub. He's most likely to leave either way. And someone like Auba could be a starter here with Benz eventually being pushed out in 2018.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    AS: Zidane plans 6 changes in the summer.

A GK, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker if Morata leaves. Keylor, Coentrao and Pepe will leave.

De Gea/Courtois, Aaron/Theo and Vallejo will be replacements.

One of Isco/James is expected to leave and maybe both. Club wants to sign Hazard with Lemar also being monitored. Llorene will return.

If Morata leaves looking for minutes, Mbappe is on agenda. Aguero could be a suprise signing.

http://www.elbernabeu.com/articulo/futbol/planes-zidane-mercado-veraniego/20170325181435010013.html

Excape Goat repped this.
  7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So Hazard will play LM or RM ?
    Makes no sense to bring him here if the BBC is staying intact.

Digital repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't see Chelsea selling him. If we get him, it should be Hazard-Ron-Bale up front. Personally, I feel Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Kova, Llorente and maybe another CM will be our midfield 6.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I dont honestly believe Ronaldo will play 9 alongside two wingers until I see it.
    Is hard for anyone here to comment what will happen since we have no clue if the BBC is staying put next season, which appears to be the case with Flo's latest comments on Benzema.

Digital repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yup. I am not convinced he can play with his back towards the goal either. Hazard is unlikely with Chelsea doing well. Talks of him signing new deal. If we make a big signing, I expect it to be a CF.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is another area where Zidane has frustrated me, Mateo has basically been frozen out completely, after some very good performances, ever since Luka returned from his injury.

12. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even if BBC does stay intact, we all know Bale will have god knows how many injuries during the season.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is true but I am also sure that Hazard will not come here to be Bale or Ronaldo's backup when they are fit.

14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hypothetically, what is a better attacking trio:

Ronaldo------Benzema------Bale

or

Hazard------Morata------Mbappe

?

I know right now the BBC is better, but looking solely towards the future, I would honestly ship out the entire BBC and get both Hazard and Mbappe. MHM, I would:)

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hazard was out of shape at one point last season and had a really pathetic year. Like even players in bottom table sides contributed more goals/assists. So that's a huge red flag for me. No one knows whether he will stay motivated and deal with pressure when fans get on his back during slumps. James in his first season was close to prime Hazard. Anyways, Chelsea won't sell him when he has a contract until 2020 and he should be happy the way things have gone under Conte. If we plan to pay 100 ME on someone, invoke Griezmanns buyout clause. He's a hard worker who was key to Atletico overachieving last year. Showed up against Barca and Bayern too so I am not worried about couple of poor finals. Some don't even get there.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BBC should come to an end.

We probably won't sell Ronaldo and.or Bale. I don't think I need to go into that. But I said it on the Benzema's thread. Eight years is a long time. The club has given him enough chances and he has not exactly sealed those chances. He has about 2 good seasons. Okay, I will give him 3 or even 4 good seasons. How about if he has 5 good seasons.... he still should not last so long. Besides,he has at least two sex scandals. This off field activities are not healthy for the team.

I have no preference for a replacement.

Some random thoughts:
    -- Aubameyang might lobby for a transfer. He will be 28. This could be his last summer to fulfil his dream to play for Real Madrid or a club in La Liga. His agent will make a lot of phone calls around la Liga. We might respond.... oh well, he is "French". Zidane might listen his pitch. This won't be our first buy where the player and his agent pushed for it. Would it go through? he is 28 years old.... he would cost us more money than we wanted to pay for a 28 years old. I also don't really want his agent to play hard balls with Borussia Dortmund. I preferred to remain a better relationship with Borussia Dortmund. Dembele is definitely someone I waned down the road. If he does not work out, Pulisic could become a Real Madrid target one day.

-- Mbappe is not ready to be a target.... not for the price tag. Huiguain was about the same age when he joined us. Higuain's price tag was 12 million euros in 2006!! How much would that be? 24 million? Mbappe would be more expensive than Higuain since he "proved" himself in Europe. I put an extra 10 million to his price tag. Monaco won't accept a 34 million offer from us, would they? And he should not be more than that.

-- I like Griezmanns is my target. He seemed opened to a transfer to us. Our rivalry with Atletico Madrid intensified under Simeone. Oh well, he might become another Figo. I don't think it is healthy for the club top buy..... no, actually, that would be nice just to piss them off. :)

17. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zizou just don't like flexibility :) that's all, he will always start with same eleven if everyone is fit. No matter how good Isco,Kovačič can play, no way they will start ahead of Kroos, or Luka.

18. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Marca going big on Hazard on the front page states the first contact with the player has been positive. I like him a lot he would be the best dribbler in the squad if he came and we do need that he would do very well here but I just don't know where he fits in. Bale and Hazard going forward with another number 9 would be good post Cristiano though..

19. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People are right Chelsea won't want to sell him. It would probably require a world record and Hazard himself having the courage to force the move. Too many variables but not entirely impossible.

Anon. repped this.
  20. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A left side with Marcelo, Isco & Hazard would crush any team.

21. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Hazard will play instead of who? it's another rumor. Cause there is now European football this weak and you still should write about something.

22. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well you can forget about competing in the champions league if you buy hazard ,the guy can barely stand out for Belgium with the likes of fellaini doing more , has never turned up in Europe and don't get me started me on hes no show season last year where he nearly went the entire season without a goal or assist to he's name .

sleepyvato50 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And cause havoc for us when the other team has the ball, I have no interest in a player who generally disappears when the going gets tough and literally disappeared for a whole season, again Hazard, meh IMO

MerlinRM, sleepyvato50 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I heard in reports that Real Madrid are interested in triggering Theo Hernandez' release clause. Supposedly the board wants him and Marcos next summer. Reminds me of Dani Alves but on the left side... marauding up and down runs during the whole game and I've yet to see him get slept in a speed race.

25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Release clause of 24 million, sounds like a solid price.