No One Can Replace Arbeloa - Summer Transfers and Lies Thread 2016-17

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by natenate101, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I don't know if Isco's agent is linking him with a move to Barca to force the club into higher pay for his contract or if Isco is actually entertaining the idea of going there. The gentlemen agreement better be out the window if this move actually happens.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

That agreement was between Laporta and Calderon. That was discarded when Flo and Sandro tookover. Anyways, there's 0 chance of Isco going to Barca. He wants to play in the WC. My bet is City or Juve.

Zidane05 repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco leaving will be just like when Ozil left, and before that Solari. Pleeeease no :(

temesgen repped this.
  4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Given that Monaco will never sell MMMBop for less than they did Martial and the going rate for a top Serie A striker has been raised thanks to Higuain. If we had to spend 100 mil on a striker who would you rather spend it on, Mbappe or Bellotti?

5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    from what i saw Mbappe it's more Ronaldo at his peek - can be good winger, but also good goalscorer- and Belotti he is true Forward.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Morata better than Belotti imo. Don't rate him as an elite talent. Mbappe is an amazing natural talent.

7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You are basically comparing Tag Heuer with Patek Philippe.

On Mbappe. DOH.

8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we are gonna spend money, might as well do it on someone we know will perform. I go with Mbappe.

Since BBC is here to stay, we can look at younger players who can be understudys (if we plan to actually use them lol). Dolberg from Ajax also looks interesting, or Flamengo's Vinicius. Depending on how Sergio Diaz is doing, he might be worth looking at as well.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane05 repped this.
  10. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Perez made offer 6 years and 6 million per year for Isco. Hope he will stay. If anyone should leave imo it should be James, cause we still have Asensio in his position.

temesgen repped this.
  11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    6me per year is "we look at you like a galactico money". Don't know if I believe this.

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want to say, if he moves then I hope he regrets chasing more money like Di Maria and Ozil ended up doing, but there's big teams he'd be a starter for which will probably never happen here so it's not really the same situation.

Would be great to be able to keep him.

13. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco wants playing time and if he doesn't get it here, then he will have plenty of offers im sure.

14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    His key problem is not being a starter. And i doubt anything will change in next season. I would put my money on him leaving in the summer.

15. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Honestly James should be the one to go. Isco should stay as he can play equally well in the front 3 or midfield 3

We won't lose much as Asensio can cover for those minute and he definitely deserves it. He's probably the biggest talent Spain has came out with in recent years after their golden era

DeRay30 repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not Galactico money anymore. Kroos earns 10 ME, Modric 8.5 ME so that's right around market value for Isco as "12th man".

Yup. I think it will be about starting role than money. Modric will be a starter for couple more years at least so it's hard for him. Kovacic is looking like his natural replacement too. I won't mind James leaving as we have Asensio.

Ahmadi8 and Shay Z repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't see ZZ selling Benz so if he convinces Mbappe, it'd be by offering Morata's spot with 25+ starts in all competition. Conte is after Morata since last summer so I expect us to accept 75-80 ME in that case. Flo might actually spend 65 ME on DDG as well after selling James for 70 ME+. I don't see Chelsea/City going after James. It will be most likely Inter or United.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Sure, 18 year old star in the making will leave France for being a water boy for Benzema.

Keeping BBC, selling the only player who gives alternative upfront ( besides Asensio who has the talent, but lacks experience ) and then buying DDG for 65 million. The worst possible scenario for the summer which completely misses the crucial areas:

1. Forward player.
    2. LB.
    3. Midfield player.

19. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can talk about the lack of recent blockbuster signings, but I think the reason is obvious: Perez needs to fund the Bernabeu renovation in the short term. We've accumulated a massive pile of cash (€215M), and I don't think that's a coincidence. Abu Dhabi are "financing" it through a 20 year sponsorship deal, but that money comes in 20 €20M installments, not up front. So, unless he wants to go to Bankia, I figure he's saving this money and allowing Zidane squad continuity.

So, I'm predicting a very quiet summer. BBC is staying in tact, zero doubt in my mind. Prob buy De Gea, bring back our loanees (Vallejo, Llorente), lose the obvious ones (Pepe, James, Navas) and one of Isco/Morata due to playing time concerns. This is not my ideal summer, just my prediction before people come at me.

Anon. repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You can't buy players without moving some. DDG was the only big target in last 2 summers. Otherwise, we had a bench of Morata, Isco, James, Asensio, Kovacic so it didn't surprise me that we didn't spend money irrespective of Bernabeu renovation.

That's why I said if ZZ could convince him. Otherwise, I see Morata staying or them replacing him with a quality striker like Auba. Don't see any midfield signings with Llorente coming back. We will sign a LB for sure. Most probably a Spanish one. Didn't mention 'cos those are smaller moves. ZZ is done with Coentrao and we didn't hesitate to add 30 ME+ back ups like Danilo, Kovacic even during quiet summers.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Would love to keep Isco. I have a feeling he stays and James too. Kovacic might be the one getting the loan deal or buyback.

23. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And what is your point? Zidane and Flo love the BBC. We have 2 of the 3 top midfielders in world football and two promising DM's (with llorente coming back). If anything, you just strengthened my point - it'll be a quiet summer. No ones moving except for bench players, loanees and possibly a GK for Navas. No world class player is going to come here and grab some pine because we're Real Madrid.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Morata is a back-up, and you plan to replace him with Auba who is substantially higher up the hierarchy?

Its either selling Benzema and replacing him with a forward, or keeping Benzema - BBC. You cannot have both. The midfield signing that i have mentioned is Llorente.

Digital repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yet, James came here with BBC at their peak. If Morata leaves, I do see us going for an expensive signing. Could be someone who's desperate to come like Auba or a young, big money signing.

We can't let Morata go and have a downgrade sub like Mariano especially when Ron/Benz are in their 30s. Maybe ZZ doesn't trust Morata. But Auba is keen to come and is a proven striker. If ZZ can rotate like Mou did with Higuain-Benz in our league winning season, it's possible. And if it's a fair race, I expect Auba to actually win and start in big games.