No matter what happens, Bigsoccer China will always be here - The National Team Thread 2011

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Precedent thread:https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1815496

As of October 11th, 2011.

[​IMG]
    Upcoming matches:
    November 6th, 2011: Kuwait vs. China - (Friendly: Away)
    November 11th, 2011:
    Iraq vs. China - (2014 Qualifier: Away)
    November 15th, 2011: Singapore vs. China - (2014 Qualifier: Away)
    February 29th, 2012: China vs. Jordan - (2014 Qualifier: Home)

2. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: May I wear my jersey with pride and not shame for once? - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

[​IMG]

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: May I wear my jersey with pride and not shame for once? - The National Team Thread 2011 [R]

DISCUSSION POINTS:

- Achieving the mission impossible: What's the probability of China winning next three matches?

- Camacho and the 4-5-1: is it actually damn effective?

- Chinese therapy to our injuries: when the hell is Hao Junmin gonna be back?

- Final Resort: Will Han Peng be our saviour?

- Zhou Yi: Will CFA continue to use this retard or hire more retards?

[​IMG]

4. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  5. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

To continue the discussion from last thread, great stuff by Gu Guangming here (14:00 to 16:00 in this clip). That's the kind of stuff that would generate pride.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FMjTP1l-g9Q

On the other hand, the shame, that we have someone like Mr Leak Weifeng on the team and as the captain.

Care to elaborate on all these wrong reasons that make it so amusing to you?

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i guess it's a bit story time:

living in vancouver, there is a huge amount of fresh and old chinese immigrants. there are many other immigrants/oversea students too, such as brazilian, japan, korean, algerian, etc.

i occasionally play weekend football, despite i suck at it.
    whenever i play football, there would be all sorts of jersey, from barcelona, spain, to korea, brazil, argentina, algeria, nigeria, there is always no china kit.

i asked the chinese kids, who are wearing barcelona, manchester united, spain, france kits, if they have the team china kit, here are the usual answers:
    - 媽的, 國足傻b
    - 中國足球每天賭球, 你還關心嗎?
    - fcuk no, waste of money
    - piece of shit

then i ask them why.
    they say team china has nothing for them to be proud of, they don't enter the world cup, they dun even perform well in the asian cup, there's nothing unique/worth to watch about team china, "中國人的美德: 貪污" appears is the specialty of chinese football.

so for weeks and weeks, at school, work, field, i have yet to see a chinese jersey. mind you, i still wear it, and probably i am one of the fews in my city that would wore the jersey. but for other people, they definitely dun have anything from team china that "let them wear the jersey with pride" :(

7. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

omg......while they are reading books and studying
    these guys are playing for and representing our country.
    so ignorant.
    once i go to china and get my csl jersey's for 40 kuai
    then ill def wear them all day everyday. especially the guangzhou one haha

8. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

To me, these quotes seems to support the idea that that the general Chinese person's attitude (in contrast to the people on these forums) toward soccer is doing nothing to improve the current situation. The whole point of supporting your country's team us because it's your country - of course everyone has a right to be mad and complain if their NT is performing poorly, but why transfer your support to a team like Man U or Barcelona? That just defeats the whole purpose of being a fan! Sure you can enjoy watching and admiring Man U and Barcelona and be thrilled by their skills (more power to you, you have good taste!), but that has nothing to do with being a fan! Being a fan is not about cooly and rationally calculating the pros and cons of supporting a particular team and then jumping on (or off) the bandwagon - it's about nurturing an organic connection to a team and sticking with it in good times and bad. In the US we call these guys "Eurosnobs", and unfortunately most Chinese are "Eurosnobs".

So while I agree with everyone that the CFA deserves most (if not all) of the blame for Chinese soccer's failures in the past decade, the fact is that the general population of China have not shown anything resembling adequate support or interest (and i think we can all agree that the Chinese NT definitely needs more support, not less). Of course many people in China probably don't have the luxury that we Westerners have of being die-hard sports fans and have a lot more pressing priorities to deal with, so I'm not condemning them by any means. But for those who would rather shell out $80 a year for every new Man U jersey instead of buying a ticket to your home team's game (for about the fourth of the cost or less), they need to seriously stop being such posers!

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

that's people's 本性
    they only support winning teams and china is nowhere near that
    on the other hand
    i think most chinese wouldnt mind wearing Team China Basketball Jersey :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I'm at fault for not owning a China jersey while owning a South Korea, Japan, and Germany shirt but i've been asking my dad to buy one (with a Hao Junmin or Gao Lin on the back) but I always support my heritage country. When I get one I would wear it with pride at school or anywhere.

Btw I am an ABC if you know what that is.

11. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

When was the last time China achieved the impossible? Not in a long long time, in fact, I don't even remember! the only things I remember are the many times they came up just short. I give the probably of winning all 3 matches as: 1/2 * 1/2 * 2/3 = 17%...basically good bye WC 2014. I think ppl are crazy to think 2 coaches are going to fix the football problem. Ultimately its up to the players to perform on the field and with the same crop of player/talent, what makes ppl think the NT is all of a sudden better? people need to lower their expectations for the NT and just take things one step at a time. Our NT is not like the English NT after they failed to qualify for Euro last time, where all they needed is a better coach. We need a better everything!

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

hahah i got a china, romania, canada, england, czech, and several club jerseys.
    trying to be rich enough to collect a jersey named with a star player for every country i visited.

Btw I am a HBC if you know what that is :cool:

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

I never bought any jersey, and don't plan to buy any in the future. I do collect soccer cards, from all over the world. More democratic . :)

14. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I have a Li Tie #8 jersery. :cool:

15. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

hahah he must not like guoan

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

you, sir, are the only person that i know who collect soccer cards.
    now it explains where you get those vilafria quiz materials from ;)

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

BEIJING FIREFIGHTER LOST A BET, DID 140 PUSH-UPS

A Beijing firefighter had a bet with the netizens on Weibo that if China loses to Iraq, he will do 140 push-ups.

[​IMG]

China eventually lost the match and here's the video:

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/62805740-2281486434.html

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

CAI ZHENHUA AND WEI DI MET WITH PHILIPPE TROUSSIER

Philippe Troussier, current Shenzhen Ruby coach who led Japan to Asian Cup 2000 glory and World Cup 2002 last 16 finish, was asked by Cai Zhenhua and Wei Di (Vice Chairman or something in CFA) to give advice about Chinese football. To make everything short, he said the following:

- Japan is doing well because they have a good league system, in J-League, I could choose from 200 good players, but in China, I could only choose 30 good players from the CSL, and for the China U-23, there is much less

- China don't give a damn about youth development, for the 16 CSL clubs, only 5 or 6 clubs have youth development

- Shenzhen Ruby gives opportunties for six young Team China II players to have playing time, I don't see other clubs offering that for Team China II players (fact: Ruby uses Yi Teng and Dong Xuesheng frequently)

- the player selection criterion of the Chinese football clubs have issues, Chinese clubs tend to choose tall and strong players, I think this is not the best fit for football standard, we are not playing rugby or martial arts, football does not only rely on bodies, it relies on the brain too

- the Chinese refereeing standard is low, if we put a Chinese referee in England, he would give 20 set pieces, if we put an English referee in China, he wouldn't blew once for 90 minutes

- Japan has at least 20 oversea players, and they would bring valuable experience once they are back in Japan, meanwhile, China only has 5 or 6 oversea players

- Chinese clubs rely too much on foreigners, whichever clubs have more Brazilian foreigners, they are in the top 4 for sure

(not all points are listed here)

19. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Not only China suffers from relying on foreign based players, especially when it comes to strikers. Although China's case is the worst.

The overseas players from China suck. None of them play for the NT. Zhang Chengdong isn't that good imo. Gao Lin is much better and for RMF Hao Junmin is far better.

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

zhang chengdong often cites his bad play from "not having enough power" in his legs. he mentioned jet lagging and not playing in team china often are other sources to his bad play.

the player that i am truly anticipating for is wang gang (in portuguese second tier now), that guy apparently is really quick, able to score goals, and create penalty chances. he will be back in china in few months when the CSL starts, and i believe his talents are something that team china needs now.

21. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Wang gang to replace Gao Lin or play a 4-4-2 formation?

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

too early to say. i am not sure if camacho even look at wang gang right now.
    wang gang plays every match and scored a goal last game.

i think camacho will not use 4-4-2 if he has two important games (iraq and singapore) next month, as that might make team china unable to adapt to the new strategy.

if we do play 4-4-2, i still think zhang chengdong will start before wang gang since zhang plays in higher level.

23. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I say stick to the 4-5-1 formation. Its a good formation.However we should have 2 AMFs (Deng and someone else) instead of 2 DMF's. Only need 1 DMF or one of them can play CMF

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

May I add the fact our shirt kinda sucks to the list? I have several Chinese kits but i'd rather have the FA crest on it than the flag.

Better we lose in this round though, I dont think most of us can withstand the thrashing by the top asian sides. Its one thing to just know that our neighbors are ahead but if we have to see it then that would be embarrassment on another level. We may want to try to do what Belgium has been doing and try to build youth for a few tourneys down the line.

I think the bottom line here is the chinese league must improve for national team to progress.

25. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

No, not really :)