no mamen...un clasico?????

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Horizon

Horizon New Member

Nov 20, 2000
    New York City
    US vs. Mexico no es un clasico todavia porque
    no tiene una historia muy larga. Pero si tiene
    el potencial de ser el clasico de la Concacaf, de
    la misma manera que Brazil vs. Argentina es el
    clasico suramericano.

Lo mas seguro es que en el futuro, USA y Mexico
    sigan siendo los grandes del area, y que esta
    rivalidad se convierta en un clasico verdadero.
    Ademas tiene los ingredientes perfectos para
    que sea un clasico. (diferencias politicas,
    economicas, culturales, raciales. Y ademas son
    vecinos.)

Por mi parte, yo no le veo ningun inconveniente en
    llamarlo un clasico ahora mismo, por la sencilla razon
    que es lo mas cercano a un clasico que tiene
    Concacaf. Honduras vs. Costa Rica es el clasico
    centroamericano, pero no el clasico de la concacaf
    porque Mexico es mejor, y USA tiene potencial
    para ser uno de los grandes.

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Re: Re: Re: No mamen...un clasico?????

Originally posted by Various Styles
    [​IMG]

I like megalomaniacs like you, you're lots of yucks.

I just want to know how this Classico started ??? Do you expect me to take the game seriously just because its in the "Yank fan's mind" or because Telemundo uses "Cold War" slogans to hype the game up for non Mexicans who will miss Pedro el Escamoso.

Well if you really care whether the Yanks think it's a clasico or not is up to you. For us it works. Like I said if you're hell bent in changing the collective mind of Sam's Army (if there is one) then welcome to it. Maybe it will help you win games (giggle).

Blah,dont be sure on yourself. If Mexico doesnt want to lose to the U.S all they need to do is bunker down and we will get boring 0-0 games., That and stop playing all those "FRIENDLIES" (didnt know Rivals played so many FRIENDLIES) in the U.S..

2-0

Fixed Your Post :)

like I said you megalomaniacs are lots of yucks.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyway aside from my little friendly chat with VS. No the game is not a clasico. Yet. Yeah I can see how it gets annoying that the Yanks think it is.

On the other hand. Your players have to take this game as seriously as the red-white-and-blue do. Otherwise you'll be constantly loosing.

He dicho.

4. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Does it really matter if it's a 'clasico' or not? Some USA fans are so blind since they think that Mexico is such hot $hit and beating them is a big deal. I say who gives a ************ about beating them, I only care about beating the best teams in the world, and Mexico ain't one of those, and probably never will be. Nothing in their history suggests anything more than a quarterfinals appearance when they host the cup in their own country.

Mexico has an entertaining league and some good players. Beyond that, they're certainly not on the level of a Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Holland, France, Italy, etc.

So my advice to those USA fans is to just worry about becoming one of the best and beating the best, and not to worry about beating Mexico. It certainly doesn't mean we've arrived at the international level.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Does it really matter if it's a 'clasico' or not? Some USA fans are so blind since they think that Mexico is such hot $hit and beating them is a big deal.

Some how i get a feeling you are saying that to be hurtful. :D A defense mechanism so to speak

I say who gives a ************ about beating them, I only care about beating the best teams in the world, and Mexico ain't one of those, and probably never will be. Nothing in their history suggests anything more than a quarterfinals appearance when they host the cup in their own country.

MExico may not be the best, but they are one of the best teams around. You use Mexico as a measuring stick and will continue to do so..your reporters indicate that, your players indicate that, and your fans especially...

those are just your emotions getting the best of you

6. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    wtf?

Pot meet kettle.

As far as I can tell, this whole thread is RDL's pathetic attempt to comfort himself when Mexico loses again (and again and again).

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    forget about me.....is it a clasico then Diablito?

8. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Claro que no! Not in the sense that you describe, but American fans don't care--we just care if we win. Most points mentioned in this thread have been valid. Maybe in American players' minds it's a fierce rivalry, and maybe that's why they keep winning.

At the same time, you cannot blame Telemundo and Univision for hyping up these games. (Although I have to admit VS's reference to Pedro Escamoso had me laughing so hard, I spit up my coke.) They're trying to get ratings and that's how they do it, by promoting the hell out of it. For example "Tonight on CBS it's a Survivor you won't believe your eyes!!! Make sure you watch tonight at 8pm!" Every network is trying to get ratings. Telemundo and Univision are in the unique position of trying to promote Mexican soccer games to non-Mexican Latinos. The more they hype a rivalry between Mexico and EEUU, the more likely the Salvadorans, Bolivians, Colombians, and countless others in the US tune in to the game.

9. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    TV is all about ratings, and that's why the game is so hyped by the American Spanish language stations.

The Mexicans from Mexico don't see it as a rivalry, they just blunder on about "Ahora los gringos nos ganan en futbol tambien".

My favorite when we beat Mexico---"El futbol de alla no es nada, aqui vive en nuestra sangre." As if that were what determined the winner of games.
    Here's a hint: Soccer doesn't have to become mainstream for us to do well in the international arena.

The problem with most soccer starved American soccer fans is that they remember when we used to regularly get our a$$ kicked by Mexico. Now that we're winning our share they go bonkers and act like we're taking down Brazil or something....

The problem with Mexicans not seeing it as a rivalry is that Mexicans live in the past and aren't too keen on predicting the future---kind of like Uruguay and their two World Cup wins. Recently, Uruguay hasn't done jack shite and the US-Mexico rivalry has become much more even in the last 10 years. Only a fool would claim otherwise.

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    living in the past you say?

if that were really, really true... our clubs would be content playing home and treating our domestic championship as a world cup final. If that were really true.. our clubs would look forward to play local team in Concacaf and be content with concacaf (NAFC) titles. If that were really true, we would be content with the interamericana and have no desire to play in the Copa Libertadores and Copa America.

So how can we be living in the past if history is not there?

wanting it to happen is not the same. So how can it be a clasico when these games are played in the US just to line the pockets of the federations? How can it be a clasico when you have US fed oficials cutting deals witht the FMF? How can it be a clasico if teams like Fire and Morelia have partnerships and trade coaches, players, etc

the only true clasicos in the CONCACAF are between the Central Americans. Although the soccer game was not the cuase of the war...but 2 central american countries going to war after a soccer game can add to that rivalry.

Now... this is my opinion here... but i dont think it will ever be a clasico due to political reasons and racial sensitivity within the US. You know the USSF would catch heat if they would embrace violence and hostility towards Mexicans. What do you think would happen if you hear US players say stuff like "I hate Mexicans." Whether you agree with them or not... but there are Mexicans that reside in the US and have been there (SW portion of the US) for generations many of those families have been there when it was still Mexico. And they still have Mexico in thier hearts which is thier right.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its in Texas and its Yanks-El Tri....lets just call it the 'donnybrooke'

RDL, Various and all other Ponchos,

It is not a superclassico...true. The only superclassico I know of in the Americas is Boca-River at the Club level, repecting the fact that those clubs have Toyota Cup titles in stock as well the fact that one club had the greatest footballer ever. Every nation in our neck of the world has a big match....Flu-Fla in Brasil, Colo-Colo-U, Augilas-Chivas but these dilute the term 'superclasico'.
    It is hard to understand the comments made by RDL and VS nothing new. I know that they have heard Ojitos before the Cold War in Columbus.."este partido es el mas importante para nosotros." Translated by his own words before the big match..."this match is the most important for us." He feels the pressure of winning any game as el Tri director. But it is silly to write of the impotance of Yanks-el Tri when the pressure is doubled when el Tri is facing the Norteamericanos on their soil with normaly a huge crowd advantage for the Panchos. These gentlemen know how much this match means to the die hard el Tri working men in the U.S. Second generation Mexican-Americans are growing tired and confused of how their Father's version of el Tri was stuff of ledgends and yet they are living thru a nightmare with Ojitos geing a boludo, fighting Honduras in a paid match, and losing last summer to the last team the Mexican public could stomach. Those pics of dudes in Mexico crying right along with their girlfiends as the final minutes played out las summer. They had that look of they were so sure of victory, el Tri...the glorious old el Tri of the past wouldn't have let this happen. They had to know that reality is a bitch!

This match is also in, what Mexican history books refer to as, the rebellious northern provence of Tejas. Let's not use superclassico lightly y'all.

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Its in Texas and its Yanks-El Tri....lets just call it the 'donnybrooke'

RDL, Various and all other Ponchos,

It is not a superclassico...true. The only superclassico I know of in the Americas is Boca-River at the Club level,

This has to be a sig. Its the stupidest thing I have read since coronaman saying he confuses the boca river jersey from another.

repecting the fact that those clubs have Toyota Cup titles in stock as well the fact that one club had the greatest footballer ever. Every nation in our neck of the world has a big match....Flu-Fla in Brasil, Colo-Colo-U, Augilas-Chivas but these dilute the term 'superclasico'.

Intelligent post.

That was a superclasico before the toyota cup started in 1960 and was a superclasico before maradona came to play there.

It is hard to understand the comments made by RDL and VS nothing new.

that may be because a clasico is something you know nothing about. Its not like you live it here in the US. I live in Houston too... Oh wait... ATM and Longhorns the texas rivalry..supposedly... its not like people that dont pertain to those universities are anxious year around

I know that they have heard Ojitos before the Cold War in Columbus.."este partido es el mas importante para nosotros." Translated by his own words before the big match..."this match is the most important for us." He feels the pressure of winning any game as el Tri director. But it is silly to write of the impotance of Yanks-el Tri when the pressure is doubled when el Tri is facing the Norteamericanos on their soil with normaly a huge crowd advantage for the Panchos.

How many years have you been watching soccer? just out of curiosoity

Let's not use superclassico lightly y'all.

and how would you know?

13. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Throw out all of your club league BS. That's a separate issue.

How many years have to pass before you consider something history? Ten years isn't enough?

What's the difference if it's played in Mexico? Even if it's played in the U.S., Mexico still has the home field advantage with illegal immigrants there....or am I missing something?

Well, even if both sides love each other they both want to win the games. I think you're confusing something with hate, or animosity. In the U.S., a game is a rivalry if it's between the two traditionally best teams.....not necessarily because one side wants to rip out the other's intestines and eat them.

I don't know what that has to do with anything regarding the 'classico', since 2nd to 3rd generation Hispanics prefer the MLB,NBA and the NFL and barely watch soccer at all. The majority of the 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics call immigrants '**************s' or mojados, pick your poison. Just like Mexicans call American Hispanics 'pochos' or sellouts.

When the two best teams in a region get together, they're going to call it something, and of course the TV stations here are going to pump it up--they want everyone watching.

Like it or not, it is now the game which determines regional superiority despite Mexico's insistance that it's above everyone in the region. Whether that makes it a clasico is another issue. But don't blame us gringos on calling it the clasico, that was a term invented by your Hispanic brethren.

14. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

15. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Its in Texas and its Yanks-El Tri....lets just call it the 'donnybrooke'

Dude ! Lighten up on the melodrama.

Little Jose - "Papa, why did El Tri lose this game ?"

Big Jose - "Hijo, in my younger days El Tri was invincible. We had scores of 10-0 against all manner of CONCACAF crap. Those were legendary teams."

Little Jose -"I'm tired and confused. I am living through a nightmare Papa. "

The Honduras game was a paid match ? Wow, saying stuff like that weakens your arguments.

sidspaceman repped this.
  16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Re: Its in Texas and its Yanks-El Tri....lets just call it the 'donnybrooke'

ROTFLMAO :D

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by The Wanderer

Like it or not, it is now the game which determines regional superiority despite Mexico's insistance that it's above everyone in the region.

True that, it is a Rivalry but i wouldnt say a Hated Rivalry. It is only "Hate" from the Yanks because you will allways see the fvck Mexico comments and they are dirty players rants, you wont find this in the Mexico forum.

Whether that makes it a clasico is another issue. But don't blame us gringos on calling it the clasico, that was a term invented by your Hispanic brethren.

CeltTexan claims the only classico in the Americas is the River Boca and i bet this is because he lived in Buenos Aires and got to see the atmosphere a week before the game. You can see the same in Mexico before a Chivas-America game in D.F or Guadalajara and even in L.A.. This is what lacks from U.S/MEX match ups. As a Mexico fan i can honestly tell you there is no enthusiam from Tri fans before this game.

18. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    That's because who would look forward to an ass-whooping with enthusiasm. ;)

(No offense really, you just walked into that one).

19. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999

20. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999
    Re: Re: Its in Texas and its Yanks-El Tri....lets just call it the 'donnybrooke'

This is an instant bigsoccer classic and must be saved on someone's hard drive.

21. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Es un clásico del continente.

DankYummy repped this.
  22. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Reviviendo mamadas de hace 13 an~os?
    No mamen.

23. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Calcetinazo.

24. rob88

rob88 Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Mexico city
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reflote saludable.

25. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    en Europa hay calsicos, en Sudamerica hay clasicos, pero en Concacaf solo existe un rey, Mexico, los demas son gatos y bufones que sirven para pasar el tiempo.....