[NJR] General World Cup Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Yojimbo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Even though Chong grew up in Japan, I'm sure the North Korean school had a huge influence on him. So you can say he was brainwashed from a young age perhaps.
    But still, he seems like a smarter guy than most J-leaguers during his interviews. He did say he grew up liking the Japan NT as well, and was torn between North Korea, South Korea, and Japan.

2. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    There is no doubt he was thoroughly brain washed by those north korean schools in Japan. Jong had an opportunity to play for either the Japanese NT or South Korean NT but he like a dumbazz chooses to play for DPRK. I have no sympathy for him.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think he would ask for sympathy, just respect for his choice. How he feels about his decision was quite clear during the Northkorean anthem vs Brazil.

Now, with the above said, Chong is clearly a starter with DPKR, but will he for South Korea or Japan? Perhaps (I think he's better than most Japanese strikers), but not for sure.

4. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Without a doubt he would start for either KNT or JNT. He has consistently shown at club level and internationally that hes got the goods. He would receive much better service from the midfield from either national teams and thus more goals. :)

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If you wanna play for North Korea, live the life of a North Korean citizen.
    But the fact is Chong Tese is enjoying a rich and full of luxury life in Japan. He likes his country whenever his interests are served.

6. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Chong Tese is the worst human being ever to appear in a World Cup.
    Plenty of players have played for evil dictatorships because they had no choice, and I don't feel angry at them.
    Chong embraced and endorsed a mass murderer out of his own free will, while living high on the hog.

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, I personally would start him for Japan, but are you aware of the fact that sometimes he doesn't even start at Kawasaki Frontale?

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Chong Tese is also responsible for hunger in Africa, the spread of SARS and oil spills in the arctic... :rolleyes:

C'mon, give him a break. You begin to sound like Hama when he's high...

What do you know about him, his family, his upbringing...? The situation with Japanese-Koreans and national identity is way more complicated than the way you guys present it, there are thousand of pages and academic courses about it...

Really, you're being very superficial in your judgement, and I'd love to think that people in this forum are a bit more open-minded than that.

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shocking miss from Yakubu, way worse than Yanagisawa's

10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Watching how Argentina is playing with their almost reserve linup :eek: It's football at it's best. Anyone who wasn't watching that game should rewatch second half of the game against Greece. And graet game by Park Chu-Young too.

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I've read many of those academic monographs. Most of them are useless ideological drivel, like virtually all academic writing. I feel confident that I know more about the zainichi issue than anybody on this forum.

And yet the fact remains extremely simple, as opposed to superficial: Chong Tese is, objectively, a terrible, terrible person. I am (unlike many academics writing about Chongryon from their academic-Marxist fantasyland) not "open-minded" to the "interpretation" that Kim Jong-Il is a benevolent father to his people and architect of a communist paradise that suffers from unjustified oppression at the hands of Japan and America. Nor am I "open-minded" that his despicable puppet Chong Tese might be justified in the obscene hypocrisy of his very existence because he had some kind of "upbringing" that justifies it. Nothing could justify it.

As much as I hate the fact that South Korea advance, I console myself with the hope that this happening twisted the emotional knife in Chong's gut from NK's humiliation.

12. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Stupid Nigerians! How many chances to kill off the Southies did they miss?

13. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    that's just soo damn cold.

put it this way, if AFC teams do well, there's opportunity for more AFC spots in the future. If more players from AFC go to the FWC, then more improvement and more leaders among the AFC clubs, then these clubs get better and therefore the leagues get better and once again we're back to the NT's who will do better and make Asia better.

14. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    WRONG! Look at Europe - there are strong and weak teams. Of course, strong league often makes a NT team play better because of more competetive sides on the top level. But then look at England - thousends of poeple are playing footbaall and there's no keeper good enough to contend at international level. So money isn't all too. Then look at Argentina and Brazil (and more of South American nations or Africa) - they produce hundreds of great players every year. Why? Noone knows. If that equation could be solved then one could apply it and get rich. But the foundations of good teams is training of the youth and everyone can agree with that. After that comes cultural differencies and different patterns of how people approach their lives (yep). It's an endless discussion I think.

15. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He is probably celebrating SK's Round of 16 entrance so your point is moot. :)

16. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Are we dealing with a Yankee or a Nippon sock?

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think he's a sock he's been around a while. Probably troll is the term.

It depends, if he comes to the korean forum and bashes korea then he's officially a troll, but saying stuff about korea in the japan forum isn't quite as bad.

18. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Spot on that. I bet if he was given a choice of no 2014 World Cup or another 7-0 defeat 4 years from now, he would choose to participate.

19. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You might know about the issue, but i doubt you know Chong Tese in person. So you're judging him through the media's lens, that is why I called it superficial.

20. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Did anyone see the nigeria miss today against korea?

It immediately reminded me of Yanagisaw QBK 4 years back. LOL>

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYW6z0Uz54"]YouTube- QBK - ???[/ame]

21. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    It's not bad at all, actually.

After all the Korean trolling on here it's pretty rich to be accused of it in my own forum by one of them! I've never even clicked on the Korea forum and I never will. Couldn't care less what they say over there, like most of us here.

22. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I don't know Kim Jong-Il in person either.
    Public figures are judged by their public actions.
    I don't care whether Kim is tender to his pet bunnies.
    I don't care whether Chong helps old ladies cross the street.
    They're still evil.

23. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Crazy finish for the USA
    Dempsey misses again, but Donovan stuffs home the rebound.
    Right after Algeria should have scored with 2 guys wide open at the back post.

24. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Poor Slovenians... 5 seconds of joy from advancing...

25. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It could be us tomorrow.... :(