NISOA Kits

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Boots_McCoy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Boots_McCoy

Boots_McCoy Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Ended up breaking out the college gear for a couple of exhibition games this weekend.

Just love how my jersey is completely drenched in sweat in addition to 5lbs heavier than it was BEFORE I EVEN PUT IT ON!

If I have to work 40+ games wearing kits designed in 1970s and made of burlap sacks, I might just murder somebody...

Any suggestions on alternative options? I'm half tempted to say "F--k this. I'm going with my US Soccer kits" but I'm not sure how popular that decision will be with my peers and / or US Soccer because of the logo on the sleeve. Don't some of the referee crews working ACC games suit up in an alternative kit? Anybody got any information or pictures?

And yes, I KNOW ITS LIKELY A CHANGE WILL COME NEXT YEAR... Not soon enough.

2. timtheref

timtheref Member

Aug 23, 2010
    A change IS coming next year, but yellow only. They're going to roll out the new jerseys one color per year. They do look better though. In the meantime, you can contact your conference assignor and ask, but otherwise you risk getting yourself in trouble.

3. refinDC

refinDC Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entirely depends on your conference(s) and assignor(s).

Some are ok with any uniforms you want, others NISOA only

Law5 and RedStar91 repped this.
  4. SouthernYank

SouthernYank Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Any more info on this? When next year? Before the 2018 season, in time for the Holiday Sale?
    Any pics or description?

One a year? So we will have a 5 year transition period? Although I appreciate not having to get all 5 (or 10) at one time.

5. timtheref

timtheref Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Don't have all the details. But some concept art was available for those that attended the national convention.

6. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about this guys - it's my first year in NISOA so I had to buy the current kit(s) - that ASSURED that they will be replaced in one year or less...:oops::rolleyes:

7. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I waited out the temptation of reffing college. Now I have an excuse to do it.

8. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he said.

Although some would say better to seek forgiveness than ask permission. On that note I'll be wearing USSF new uniforms any time my crew has them which will probably only be about 30-40% of games.

9. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I got an email from a group on Arbiter, the new jerseys are upon us. If you are NISOA certified order them in bulk as they are offering a discount + NISOA is subsidizing them. New shirts and socks and believe the shorts are staying the same. Only those who are NISOA certified and only until 5/31/18 and by phone, fax or mail will they accept orders. [​IMG]

10. GearRef

GearRef Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Jan 2, 2018
    La Grange Park, Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t do college, but I’m not a fan of the one stripe sock

11. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OSI has the old ones at full price, I guess they are going to keep this "secret" a while.
    Do you have any ordering info?

12. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pictures of them are on the Facebook NISOA group, so definitely not a secret.

13. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still don't like the pocket flaps or the collar, but at least the new material looks similar to the new USSF jerseys.

YoungRef87 repped this.
  14. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. funsoccer12

funsoccer12 Member

Oct 23, 2016
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I like the new material and they look much nicer then the current ones.

16. YoungRef87

YoungRef87 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 5, 2018
    Couldn't agree more. The pocket flaps look terrible, especially on the yellow shirt.

17. RedStar91

RedStar91 Member+

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Why on earth did they add the pocket flaps!!!??? Just terrible.

18. Cornbred Ref

Cornbred Ref Member

Arsenal
    Jan 3, 2018
    Omaha
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pocket flaps are terrible and it appears like the badge placement is pretty low? Maybe that's just me on the second part.

19. GearRef

GearRef Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Jan 2, 2018
    La Grange Park, Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just you, I noticed that too. Looks odd to me.

20. SouthernYank

SouthernYank Member

Sep 21, 2010
    What the heck? Where is this info? I am not doubting this at all, as I heard this rumor from someone on the NISOA Board earlier this year, but how about getting it out to the rest of us. I am our College Chapter's contact and have been in the NRP for a while and I have gotten nothing about this. If this is something we can do now, like the bulk order, to save our members some money, I need this info soon. Especially if the deadline is the end of the month.

21. frankieboylampard

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just double checked the flyer and it's due 6/30/2018. TBH idk about individual chapters receiving this information. I got this from arbiter and was sent out by two D1 college assignors I work for.

My Nisoa chapter I belong to has NOT communicated any of this information to its members. And I'm a member in 1 chapter and a joint member (or partial member I forget the nomenclature they use for working two chapters) in another and neither have sent me information.

22. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they cut it down to three colors? Interesting.

24. camconcay

camconcay Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Feb 17, 2011
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think three -

for now...:rolleyes:

25. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. The e-mail that I got says NIOSA has no plans "at this time" to produce other colors.