Nike/U.S. Soccer release new Women's kits for Olympics

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by ATLfirefan, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. Soccer released new white kits for the USWNT to wear during the Olympics this summer. The USSF crest had to be replaced with the simple "USA," and the sleeves are now "platinum" and not that weird powder blue. The socks are also continuing with the paint dip look.

The team will wear the black kits with the standard USA instead of a crest.

In my opinion, these are a big improvement from the current primary kit the men's team is wearing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...c-nike-home-platinum-jersey-available-july-23

2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the design goal here to be as generic as possible? Maybe Nike should have just put "TEAM" instead of "USA" on the uniforms.
    Another craptacular uninspired design from the fine folks at Nike.

Timon19 and bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the Olympics don't allow federation logos or crests, just country names on uniforms, so USA has to be on it, not the crest.

Still not a fan of this shade of blue.

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    ATLFireFan, will the black kit be the one with the red and blue sleeves? There has not yet been a published photo of what the Olympic change kit will be. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a color we haven't seen before.

Felipe, the U.S. Olympic Committee was supposed to have used this logo on all of the uniforms (from track to hoops to modern pentathlon) as early as Beijing:

https://letstalkaboutlit.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/usa.gif

5. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, as far as I've uncovered, the second kit will be all black with the red/blue sleeves. Just the "USA" will replace the USSF crest.

6. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I do find it a little weird that USSF has been so cloak-and-dagger on this ...

7. ATLfirefan

ATLfirefan Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 8, 2005
    Norcross, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They announced the new white shirts and are selling those. I don't think they've been cloak-and-dagger. I don't recall them even mentioning special kits for Olympic tournaments before.