Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I recently copped the Vapor 12 Elites and I must say i’m initially impressed. Definitely a touch wider than the 10 and 11 and just as solid-feeling even though it’s now Flyknit and not Teijin.

Compared to the Pro version, while the Elites definitely look more premium, the Pro feels like an alternative almost-top-end model. It’s like the difference between the Vapor 9 and Veloce 2. The Pro is definitely softer and more flexible (from out of the box) but i’d say it’s about 90% in terms of fit compared to the Elite.

I also want to mention how thick the Vapor 12 Elite insoles are. Maybe as a response to how flimsy the insoles were on the previous Vapor 11. And also the laces suck. They feel like Mizuno cotton laces but with a lot looser weave. I feel like they could’ve done better but it does feel essentially weightless and at the end of the day they are just shoelaces.

2. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just got home from the weekly game, so, my verdict on the Nike Premier II.
    This is by far the best, most comfortable and most feeling-good boot I have ever worn.
    When I wore it just before the game, all the issues of my toe pressure are gone, the quality of the premium kangaroo leather makes the boot adapt quickly to the foot shape.
    Lockdown is perfect in every aspect, no slippage, also it worked on AG seamlessly.
    I'm really glad I went 9US even after hearing that it runs half a size smaller.
    I'm in love with this boot, not only look-wise (which is an obvious thing since the White/Gold colorway is the best ever), but also performance, comfort and protection.
    I scored two goals, well, one is a header, didn't get the chance to try a long range shot, next time maybe.

jayc23 and girrdib repped this.
  3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I own both the Vapor 12 Elite and the Superfly 6 Elite and after testing both for about 2 weeks I gotta say they aren’t as similar as what they say online.

From out of the box, the Superfly is waaaay softer. It almost reminds me of the Predator 18.1 where it really feels sock-like but the lockdown very firm. The only difference is that the soleplate on the Superflys feel more natural and aggressive.

When breaking them in, the Superfly took me 20 mins while I felt the Vapor took me a good 2 hours. The Vapor really is that stiff, especially on the sides of the upper. They were probably going for that “still feels like Teijin” vibe. The Superfly upper is so much softer that I can actually wiggle my toes up and down in them. In the Vapors that has always been impossible. Also I’m not sure if it’s just me, or if i’m being too critical of the Vapor, but I feel like my heel is ever so slightly higher in them; meanwhile they feel nice, deep, and secure in the Superfly.

TL;DR I’m glad the Superfly and Vapor are still different-feeling boots, even though they look 95% the same from the outside. I’d gladly pay the extra $25 for the Superfly every time.

lattanzio repped this.
  4. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I've had the same experience, but I actually prefer the Vapor's once broken in. The extra stiffness/thickness to the upper or whatever is going on internally seems to keep my feet from moving around when changing direction a bit better than the Sf360. They're both great though, honestly.

5. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    That’s absolutely true. The responsiveness with the Vapor is still 101% even after they’re well-broken in. Tiny bit of a rollover with the Superfly.

I got feet on the wider side so I guess that plays a huge role.

jayc23 repped this.
  6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My friend has recently brought the neon yellow vapors . Anyone got any tips on how to clean them? Obviously a bit of a dirt magnet.

Thanks!

appleCORR

7. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Funny story
    I usually just use warm tap water and an old toothbrush. If I want a bit more clean I use like 3 drops of laundry detergent. If you don’t wanna use straight up soap then try the Angelus shoe cleaner. I forgot the exact name but it’s Mountain Dew-colored and you can also use it water-free. It lathers and bubbles though. Works on my wife’s white Ultraboosts.

jayc23 repped this.
  8. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    I was at SJ earthquakes MLS game this weekend and was had front raw seats and very close to the players. Some players wore the yellow cleats and they looked really dirty...Chatted with some of the players after the game about cleats and so forth and one told me they give the equipment manager money to clean them and replace them after 5-6 matches or when the new colorway comes out :)
    I noticed that most players wore the predator 18.1 instead of the laceless ones.

Attached Files:

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a beautiful colour but only when it's brand new.

I remember seeing some players white boots from the world cup and they were just as bad just full of ground in dirt that was never going to come out even if you threw them in the washing machine. They were practically brown.

Personally that kind of upper puts me off a little. Gone are the days when you could have a synthetic boot and be able to clean it properly, your boots would look brand new for ages if you looked after them. I miss those days especially with how much boot companies are charging now. Yes, you expect a bit of wear and tear but you don't expect a new boot to be impossible to clean after the first wear.

The upper on these just seems impossible though unless you opt for black or dark colour if they choose to release one. I always find it interesting how boot companies do release light boots when winter is well on it's way.

But thanks for the tip I've passed it on so fingers crossed!

appleCORR

10. SuMing

SuMing Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sizing related question here. I was thinking about getting the Nike Legend Lunar 7 to replace my Lunargatos. I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on their experience with the shoe and how you sized them?

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    031F4DB6-E20D-4667-9D85-5AE7B1ABE702.jpeg

Gave this snood a run out tonight (this ones the cheaper version) I have to say I thought it would really annoy me because of it clinging to your face but I found it quite comfortable. I could exert myself and still breath freely. The little ear hooks keep the snood on your ears really well. Other than looking a bit menacing it’s actually quite a nice snood. It wasn’t overly cold here tonight but it kept me warm and remained comfortable. I still think that I prefer a a decent fleece or fleece/knit like the Adidas snood with the 3 stripes but I’d recommend this if you do want to keep your face warm in a light weight way something that you can’t always do with a thicker fleece snood. This
    does come in sizes and it’s important you get the right size for you because the sizing depends on how we it sits on your face. I went for an L/XL my head isn’t huge but it’s a very snug fit.

appleCORR

Wolfbeatseagle and newone88 repped this.
  12. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

yea tried on the Superfly's the other day, the sides just felt really.. flimsy and un structured compared to the previous Superfly's. I passed on them even though they were a great deal cause of that.

13. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    double post-

anyone's got any experience with the Nike Magia balls? can get a pretty decent deal on them but haven't seen any sort of review or stuff about them. Have a great experience with the Nike Strike balls but durability for those are meh.

14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a huge cr7 fan, but I took the plunge on his chapter 7's in turf. Love the carbon fiber detailing. The upper is almost too soft. The lack of lockdown has created a bit more pressure in the heel ankle area, but that should be fine once broken in.

I've noticed nike has been skimping on insoles lately. I've been recycling the launch colorway of the sf5's nikegrip insoles because the more recent insoles have been wafer thin.
    I've also been using this snood, mostly for running in temperatures below freezing. Definitely recommended. No issues staying on my big head.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  15. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    chivamex10 repped this.
  16. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not really a fan of Nike balls - I always find them really heavy without much 'ping' I prefer the Adidas high end balls over Nike ones. There are a few reviews online for the ball you are looking at if nobody on here can help you out.

As for the new Tiempo's .... hmmm, can't decide. I sort of think when it comes to leather boots if it ain't broke don't fix it. But I also see that they have to make money. It will be interesting how they sell those dimples. Better touch, better strike on the ball.

appleCORR

jayc23 repped this.
  17. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Those new Tiempos look absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing, and unfortunately, I can't see the boot industry going back to being a bit more conservative and thoughtful with their releases.

A new colour every other month is boring. A new model every year is boring. Not to mention how much boots change when it comes to fit and feel.
    I just want some consistency!

If I find something that works really well for me, next year that same model could feel like something else entirely.
    If I'm wearing a Tiempo, I want it to feel like a Tiempo- regardless if it's the model from a few years back, or the one fresh off the design board.
    If I'm wearing a Predator, I want it to feel like a Predator.

I'd much prefer if more brands would operate the way Mizuno do, for example.

jihado86 repped this.
  18. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don’t exactly hate or love the look, but then again I have gotten used to the Tiempo line moving away from a traditional styling. I am curious as to what the “technology” is that creates that look. Like every Nike boot, the look will grow on folks. I am just happy to see that there isn’t a high DF collar...or at least it doesn’t seem it from the photos.

There is no doubt that the frequency of color updates is absurd, but all these companies want to make money, and sometimes a colorway is the difference between someone purchasing now or later especially when it allows for older colors to go on sale.

I feel like I’ve always been a harsher critic of Nike and their soccer offerings, but of the big 3, they have the longest life cycle of their silos at about 2 years before there is a major update. That being said Mizuno definitely has everyone beat and seems to only make necessary changes. Puma seems to be sitting at a 6 month life cycle which is nuts, and adidas is yearly with major revamps every two years.

For as harsh as a critic as I’ve been of Nike, most of the favorite boots I’ve worn of the years have come from them and the Legend 7 is the latest of the bunch. Used to be more of an adidas fan when I was really young, but I feel like sometimes they just rest on their legacy in the game and Nike is striving to be the best in soccer, and every sport.

jayc23 repped this.
  19. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Kind of reminds me of the 11pro from a few years ago (the one with the racing stripe). Seems like the pattern is the structural frame, and the leather is like, debossed into the frame openings, probably fusing together with an underneath layer. Seems REALLY ANNOYING to clean mud out of.

20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    jayc23 repped this.
  21. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    to be fair though, Nike's one of the brand that still does a 2 year cycle. The Tiempo's for me as well, are the way to go in terms of making a proper leather boot - using modern tech to make up for the limitations of leather - the internal layer + flywire to prevent over stretching.

this current Tiempo though... ugh. looks like nonsense.

ah, really? I love the ordem right now and think its the best ball out there. Although if i wanted something a little more pingy and (slightly) less predictable I'd go for the CL balls. the rest are just meh. I do remember you recommending the Strike balls which are absolutely wonderful. Couldn't find anything on the Magia online but i went ahead and bought it still. will drop a review after a few games.

22. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think I just prefer Adidas balls because they are nice to freestyle with that have a good bounce.

I don’t mind Nike balls I just have to get used too them. But if I had the choice Adidas all day. I love the design of the current CL ball too. Best looking ball in a while to me.

My friend prefers a high end Nike ball he feels he can hit it harder. I guess it’s each to their own!

Looking forward to hear what you think!

appleCORR

jayc23 repped this.
  23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Re: Nike vs Adidas balls, that is very true. I own 2 high-end Nike balls and EVERY TIME I train with my teammates who have high- and mid-end adidas balls I just end up abandoning my Nikes and going with the adidas the whole session. They definitely feel lighter and pingier.

jayc23 repped this.
  24. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have always noticed that the Nike balls are a bit heavier feeling compared to adidas. Has anyone tried the new Merlin ball? I wonder if it feels the same as the Ordems

25. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore

idk but while a new shape is something different (as a product) on the outside...I have to concur with most of you that the usual tiempo is still better and they shouldn't change a thing about the good ol' tiempo. I have a pair of tiempos too (unfortunately the sole separated 2 weeks ago) and heck, a good pair to wear.

jayc23 repped this.