Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    BC15CE48-8E7E-44EC-A81D-5BF883B96517.jpeg

Ribbed for her pleasure

Jaxinho repped this.
  2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Not hating on the new generation Mercurials...but why the hell is the toebox shape wider than the state of Montana? Generation after generation of Mercurials have brought us the sleekest-looking silos ever but this new one just looks wider than even the Legend 7s. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to try them out, but all these on-feet shots from Instagram are just turning me off. It looks like they’re all wearing it 2 sizes bigger.

peridz repped this.
  3. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    New Mercurial looks a tad Adidas-like to me. Ditto with the Magista replacement given they're back to covering the laces.

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I haven’t been this excited about a boot release in a while. After some instagram explore searching, I have finally stumbled across what looks to be the Vapor XII (360?) Pro (formerly the Veloces).

Very interesting to say the least. Reminds me of the Vapor X. Has ACC too. Of course I don’t care about the actual ACC, just the fact that a takedown has it.

Photos from instagram used ofoballes.

E460B004-C612-4EAE-838C-4245501AA870.jpeg

772C6C9A-A8D3-4280-BC25-48E3344A533A.jpeg

D9A214B7-AF12-4D9A-AA22-0C782EAAB25E.jpeg

CDC3D8FE-6179-4742-86F1-60739B12D968.jpeg

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    With the new Superfly does Ronaldo have the same size collar as everyone else now or is it still on the low side?

appleCORR

6. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks to be the same as the retail version.

appleCORR7 repped this.
  7. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Went to the ManCity Women / Chelsea game at the weekend and man do the Vapors standout on the pitch. They actually look really nice in person as well (the only thing I’m not a fan of is the front swoosh)

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    you must be happy now hahaha

9. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Heck yeah! I was also expecting the retail price to be around $150-180, knowing Nike. Fingers crossed they’re as good as Josh puts them out to be!

10. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Nike always making the best takedowns. I got the legacy on his recommendation and I definitely like them way more than the previous version legends. Better fit too.

Jaxinho repped this.
  11. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Finally got my hands on a pair of Vapor 12 Pros. It honestly feels like a $200+ pair of boots. Like what I did for the Legacy 3 vs Legend 7 comparison, this is my verdict:

Fit
    -The fit is very similar to the Vapors 10 and 11 especially in the midfoot area back, but for the toebox/forefoot area it is looser and has more volume, more like a Vapor 9. You can also say the fit is similar to a Phantom 3 but a little bit tighter. Anatomical soleplate like the last Vapor and amazing comfort right out of the box.

Upper
    -The upper feels really premium, thinner than the Vapor 11 but a little thicker than the Vapor 10. The tongue area is the same elastic material from the past two generations. It has a different texture pattern from most Teijin uppers of the past but it feels like the Vapor 10 upper to the touch.

Outsole/stud pattern
    -Exactly the same stud pattern as the Vapor 11 and the seams (where the outsole meets the upper) are very solid. The stud tips are like a hard rubber material. The split sole design is not felt on-feet. The overall outsole/stud pattern construction feels a lot more solid than previous Vapors. Like it can hold up to more use and abuse.

4984CB3A-4AF0-4B73-83FE-D781E30D70C4.jpeg

Break-in
    -I spent less than 20 minutes to break-in the soft and flexible upper material. All the places where the boot is supposed to flex is flexing well. The upper will probably develop creases.

Insole
    -Very, very similar to the Vapor 11 insole. Same density, thickness, and shape.

Laces
    -not as ‘beefy’ as top-end laces but it’s almost there! At least it’s not prone to fraying.

A03EBAE7-6810-4167-8941-4B3F1EFFCEDD.jpeg

Heel
    -the inside heel area looks and feels like a top-end pair of boots. It is perforated with little holes and it is actually more padded and softer than the previous two Vapors.

Weight
    -I honestly don’t know. Most likely between 190-200 grams in my size 7.5US. The Vapor 10 and 11 are definitely lighter.

Someone at Nike is seriously looking out for us fans of non-knit Vapors. The fact that this only costs $120 should be a crime. Feels, fits, and performs like a top-end boot.
    Seriously guys, you ought to try this. I have feet on the wider side, and I can honestly say this is the BEST fitting Vapors i’ve tried so far, and i’ve tried the Vapors 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, and 11 so I know what i’m talking about.

510BB74A-AA30-46B4-A20F-85A87546DDB2.jpeg

12. girrdib

girrdib Member

Jun 26, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Those vapor 5 still look sick! They remind me of my vapor 4, good times!

Jaxinho repped this.
  13. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Can anyone LC these? Sole color look wonky, but it might just be the lighting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    @lattanzio yeah they look sketchy. I owned a pair (I sold them because they were too big for me) and the first thing I noticed was the upper. The ridges are too close to each other. It is also too shiny. The Flyknit pattern (especially as seen on the second photo) is also definitely off.

lattanzio repped this.
  15. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Cool. The more I compared them to pictures the more off they seemed. No texture on the ridges, weird flyknit, etc... I’ve never seen them irl so I figured I’d ask. Thanks.

16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

haha thought you could get a good deal off Ebay eh? just saw the same pair and nearly bought it before thinking that the pictures looked really really familiar.

lattanzio repped this.
  17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    @lattanzio @jayc23 the only thing they got right are the laces, but even then they are laced the wrong way. The color of the Nike logo on the lateral sides should be way more vivid, and the string bag doesn’t say ‘Nike Football.’ IIRC it only had ‘Flyknit Ultra’ on it.
    Use these info on your hunt for an authentic pair!
    Unfortunately i’m a size 7.5 and the smallest they made was an 8 US.

lattanzio repped this.
  18. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Look at this beauty.

[​IMG]

Zizou15, chivamex10 and lattanzio repped this.
  19. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Played my first two games in the new Superflys, and they’re a dream imo. Any issues I had with the old collar are gone with the new cut, soleplate is just stiff enough, and the upper feels great on the ball. Cool thing about the soleplate, is that the color wears off naturally instead of chipping like my purespeeds, so you get a cool gradient effect. Superficial, but why else would you buy insane looking orange boots? Seems like soleplate separation won’t be a huge problem either based on where it connects and how it’s designed to flex with the upper. Reminds me a lot of the gs2 shape which I still play in all the time.

Jaxinho repped this.
  20. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are those premiers?

21. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yes, Premier 2.0

chivamex10 repped this.
  22. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

jihado86 and Jaxinho repped this.
  23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks like my next [minor] boot purchase will be the Veloce 2. I find it funny too, that i’ve owned 25+ pairs of high-end stuff over the past 3 years and to see myself who used to be a boot snob.

I loved my Vapor 10 but those gave me the single biggest blister i’ve had on my heel because they were too tight. They were surprisingly durable too. Hoping to try out the Veloce 2 because those are made of the exact same thing, just with a traditional lacing system.
    Oh, and I can get them for around $30.

24. BBeast10

BBeast10 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 18, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a pair of Veloce 2s and I loved them. Sole separation happens pretty quickly though.. and the tongue always moved around which bugged me a lot. Other than that they're very comfortable

25. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Did you size up or down in these? Hearing conflicting reports