Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks!

I shall pass that on and see what he comes up with!

appleCORR

2. Vincent Anikas

Vincent Anikas New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jan 22, 2018
    does anyone know where I can find the Nike5 Air Zoom Control futsal shoes at? I've been looking everywhere. [​IMG]

3. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I digs. Reminds me of the safari CR7’s

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    It was a straight swap of studs! As long as it’s the Nike SG-Pro soleplate, that is. I used the Implus Sofsole Turf Cleats to be precise and it was the exact diameter. At first I thought it wouldn’t work out because of stud pressure or the studs not working but I guess I was lucky! Still looking for more responsive stud shapes though!

appleCORR7 repped this.
  5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow - these are a blast from the past. I haven’t seen these in a long long time. I used to have a pair for freestyle such nice shoes. I’m guessing your best bet now would be eBay?

Good luck with your search!

appleCORR

6. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
    The new color pack looks very good in person. Switching from an orange swoosh to a black one was a good move IMO.

Attached Files:

Jaxinho repped this.
  7. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    SmartSelectImage_2018-01-24-19-56-56.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2018-01-24-19-57-07.jpg

SmartSelectImage_2018-01-24-19-57-28.jpg

Loving these Prems

Zizou15 repped this.
  8. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Waiting for FG version
    r10-.JPG r10.JPG

9. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I have a question about the tags.
    1. Why is it glued to the side as opposed to where it usually is on a Legend 6?

2. I am 100% sure my pair is authentic but why is there a 999999999 to the lower left? CAB81ECA-CF1C-4C80-AECA-A2E3E9935198.jpeg

I have the Metal Flash pack colorway in a SG-Pro colorway, if this information helps. DF69F8D1-DC5C-46DA-89CA-3497F6D6E956.jpeg

10. howplayrisk

howplayrisk Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Congrats, I think you've got your hands on a pro issue pair. The 9's indicate a sample and that combined with the Made in Bosnia means pro issue as far as I'm aware. The glued tag is something that is common with Italian and Bosnian Nikes - even the commercial variant.

Jaxinho repped this.
  11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

can't wait for the all white ones too!

on a side note, new orange/black pack is out, with 1 silo conspicuously missing. . .

12. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Gunt22 has them coming out the 7th.

13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Interesting. First take-down models having ACC in these leaked images by instagram user PJiménez71.
    Is it just me or are the first take-downs getting better each generation?

DF2A2E5E-F86B-44DF-9CF8-92604896F915.jpeg

6FA75C3A-389C-475A-9C03-7348F735516B.jpeg

37E8A1E1-BBFA-4FCD-A161-AF2433272F9D.jpeg

vanjory repped this.
  14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Yep, I saw the PSG v Montpellier match a couple days ago and the Chelsea v Newcastle (FA Cup) yesterday and they had ads that said Mercurial February 7.
    I really hope it’s the release date, not just announcement date like what they did with the Superfly IV and Obra.

15. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    hmm.. back to the MV3 split soleplate it seems. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  16. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Full pics of superfly 6 up on footy headlines, looks interesting

17. lattanzio

lattanzio Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah, I always hate on new mercurials when they are leaked, but wind up loving them by the time they're released. Probably gonna grab the vapor release color because my team plays in orange. Hoping for a good AG sole though.

18. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Funny you should say that, I noticed that about Footy Headlines. When certain boots are leaked they look horrible. Then when they release I actually end up liking them a lot more. The Fast AF, for instance. For some reason the Footy Headlines photos were utter sh** but now I think they look sleek.

lattanzio repped this.
  19. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I’m super excited about the new Mercurial releases but honestly i’m even more excited about the first takedowns! Seeing as they will have ACC (not a big deal) and here I am wishing the Vapor 360 Pro (previously the Veloce) has a Teijin synthetic upper! Hopeful.

20. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to see them on feet in games before I fully decide, but so far, I think they're fugly.

The swoosh placement is gross. They look like high heels on Neymar in the pics I've seen on IG.

21. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Nike releasing too many at one go!

22. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Yes, you are right, the take-downs by Nike are getting better.

23. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    What do you guys think about the soleplate? I wonder if these going to hold up or not. I know many play on artificial surfaces these days and it might be an issue with separation.

Also, I was laughing when I saw this on the Nike site "an updated swoosh on the toe box features a textured finish for control when sprinting with the ball"

24. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Nike bringing out some clown shoe heat again C53E3D80-B600-408C-A3EB-EB86927BE299.jpeg

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  25. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Split soles are the most pointless attempt at trying to sell a “feature & benefit” that is anything but a benefit in most every case of a boot that has had it.

Unless they outsole is stitched and riveted, which we know it won’t be, they will come apart very easily.

The OG Maina and SuperNova are the only boots that got this right and even those could have been better w/a full plate.

The supposed weight reduction is a dismissing return of the thinnest margin and liability to the lifespan of the boot in game. Saw countless Vapor 3 and 4 loose their studs in game and ankles go over as the result.

This one could have been a good boot if you’re into the knit stuff if they just stuck to what works w/o “innovation” for innovation’s sake.

kelani9, jayc23 and newone88 repped this.