Nike Thread [23] all pictures, info and questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Mar 8, 2016.

1. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Seemed the same to me.

2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Tiempo Legend VII vs Legacy III - My verdict

I was genuinely curious how the Legacy III, the first take-down model, compared to the Legend VII, so I got both.

THE UPPER: both are kangaroo leather, both excellent quality although I am in no position to quantitatively grade the leather uppers because I was one to always favor synthetics even when I was a kid.
    The one on the Legacy III seems to have a more 'airy' feel. It has a higher toebox and feels more roomy. The upper on the Legacy III is lined with a nylon material to prevent overstretching but it is not as apparent as the Fitmesh lining on the Legend VII. The Fitmesh liner is not everywhere under the upper, though. It starts about 2cm from the last lacehole. The skeleton support frame is nearly negligible in both models. They feel about the same. The Legend VII has a more streamlined fit, a lower toebox, and is definitely tighter in general.

THE FLYKNIT: the Flyknit heel on the Legend VII is indistinguishable from the regular mesh-based heel of the Legacy III. They are both a little hard in that it is a bit difficult to put the boots on especially if you're used to the lowcut, top-end Nike models with the super pliable and soft heel area. The Flyknit tongue on the Legend VII gives the midfoot a very snug but not restrictive fit. The mesh-based tongue on the Legacy III, although very good and very well made, is just a little bit looser compared to the high-end model. Also note that there is Flyknit underneath the leather on the midfoot of the Legend, extending around 5cm from the medial Nike swoosh.

THE FLYWIRE CABLES
    : same for both models. Very similar fit and feel. The cables on the Legacy III are a bit thicker though. Not sure how this affects its function but 99.9% the same on both.

INSIDE HEEL AREA
    : the inside heel area of the Legend VII is more padded (with the pods) and more grippy than the one on the Legacy III, although the one on the Legacy III is very well made that it probably beats the inside heel area of the Magista Opus II. The Legend VII is more snug-fitting in general because of the aforementioned padded inner heel area. It is also more difficult to take off because of this.

THE ACC: negligible.

THE LACES
    : the laces on the Legend is beefier than the one on the Legacy. Overall not really a big deal. I just have a thing for beefy laces. Gives me the mental edge that they provide a tighter fit. The aglets on the top-end models have 'TIEMPO' written on them. None on the Legacy III.

THE SOLEPLATE: the Hyperstability plate on the Legend VII is thicker, less flexible, and the studs seem to be a little rubbery but they do look more premium than the one on the Legacy III. Overall both really good and perform about 90% the same so not a problem.

THE WEIGHT: the same sub-7 oz. (198g) for both of them.

CONCLUSION: get the Legacy III if you want to save $100 but if you really want to invest and want a more snug-fitting and more premium feel then shell out the extra ca$$$h for the Legend VII. No matter what the internet says, get either of them true to size. You will NOT enjoy them half a size up, especially the Legacy III.

23ninety, chivamex10, appleCORR7 and 3 others repped this.
  3. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Well another pair of SV’s have died on me but nike are processing a refund. 1st pair the sole plate started to separate from the boot after 2-3 games. 2nd pair holes developed in the acc coating. May as well wait for superfly vi and keep playing in sfiv’s until april

4. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any of you land a pair of the Flyknit Ultras?

5. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost did. Just happened to look at my phone at the right time and see SR4U post the link. Put some fire pack flyknit ultras in my cart but then decided against it.

6. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    looks like they are not selling as fast as the first pair.
    Maybe it is just me, but all the most recent "limited edition" releases have not sold as fast as expected. Even on Ebay, people are having a hard time selling all the Adidas remake stuff. Even Adidas restocked the DB predators on the UK site few times. Maybe people are just sick and tired of these and maybe resellers are finding it very hard to resell them again. I saw a guy on twitter trying to sell the white preds for face value with no takers.

jayc23 and Jaxinho repped this.
  7. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We now know the next vapor is flyknit. No need to fall all over ourselves to get the flyknit ultra.

Jaxinho repped this.
  8. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just a heads up. Nike.com had a restock of the "limited" CR7 Melhor superfly as well the EA Sports Hypervenom

9. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jlotter from unisport!? Haha saw this and thought it was funny. Very Mortal Kombat-esque

10. hahanice

hahanice Member

Oct 30, 2013
    i can kind of confirm that the resale market is struggling. i bought 2 pairs of flyknit ultras in the original release colors, and sold the pair i didnt want (never done this before). figured i would make a decent profit. ended up making about 60$ and thats it. looking through the listings not a lot of "Limited Releases" moving.

i think people are just getting tired of all of the limited releases. they arent limited if you are going to put out 10 more limited releases...

the ultras are a joy to play in ftw

Pangu repped this.
  11. Bat-Trick

Bat-Trick New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I want to buy my brother for xmas the Tiempox proximo either the new proximo II or the older proximo in turf(TF) but need advice for sizing.

I have the proximo TF in my normal size 9 US and it fits me perfect in the toe box(I wear everything in size 9 US pretty much).

All the videos i've seen on SR4Us youtube channel though always tout going a size up. My brother wears a size 9.5 US and has wide feet so I'm wondering opinions on whether i should go for a US 10 or stick to his 9.5 US. Help!

12. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    All of the Nike boots that SR4U said go half a size up for I went true to size and the way they fit me was perfect. Just go for his regular 9.5.

newone88 repped this.
  13. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wear a US 8.5 in my adidas Copa 17.1 and a US 9 in my Nike Tiempo legend 7. I did try an 8.5 in the legend 7 at first but it was ridiculously tight to the point that doing any movement in the shoe besides walking were painful plus getting them on and off was a task in itself. So I’m not sure if nike runs small or I’m just wearing my adidas boots small ‍♂️ It was the same case for the legend 6 as well. I also had the legend 5 in an 8.5 and barely wore them because they felt too small. Always felt like my big toe was getting killed in those.

The last tiempo I went true to size in was the legend 4. They were tight, but they worked. It was the last tiempo before they changed the last to be similar to the first hypervenom if I remember correctly.

Point is is that everyone’s foot is different and will change over the years. If your brother wears a 9, especially in other Nike’s, then get a 9 for him. Or have him try them on in a sneaky way so he doesn’t know they are a gift

14. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike Premier II IC and TF, coming soon according to footyheadlines.com

[​IMG]

john_mizuno8 and monta repped this.
  15. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    For me tiempos never fit right. 9 is too small and 9.5 too big.

16. Soccerstyle09

Soccerstyle09 Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, starting with the legend 5 is when the sizing got kinda wonky. 8.5 is painfully tight but there are times where a 9 feels just a little (by like a hair) too big. But in all honesty the legend 7 is the best one, for me, in a long while. The leather is great, it’s retaining its shape will, and the fly knit tongue is a vast improvement for the one piece construction. I’ve definitely started favoring it over my Copa 17.1. The leather on the Copa just got too stretched out and I feel a bit of stud pressure here lately. I am curious to try the Copa 18.1 to compare to the legend 7 though

17. MBagheri

MBagheri New Member

May 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should help a little or even make it more confusing but I would say it depends on how his FG boots fit him as I have both the FG Legends and both TiempoX Proximos the 1's and 2's that just came out. I also currently have the Academy Pack (Blackout) Tiempo Legend VII's in size 9US and 9.5US so I've tried and worn both sizes of those as well.

The Tiempo Legend VII is my current favorite boot and I play in them every week in my usual size 9US and they fit perfectly wearing either cushioned Nike Grip or Trusox. The VII FG last is slightly longer than the VI FG last and thats make all the difference for me as I has to wear a 9.5US in the Legend VI's. The 9.5US VII's also fit me very well though slightly more "roomy", and I could wear them no problem but I like my leather boots as snug as possible especially since they will break in and form to my foot width wise.

In both the Proximo I's IC and TF I wear a 9.5US, and the Proximo II"s IC I ordered and wear a 9.5US and they also fit perfectly. These all have the raised and suede lip stitched on the front for durability and I feel that is the key difference in the toe box and in regards for sizing.

The Proximo II's in TF do not have the suede stitched on the lip of the boot.

Do you know what size he is in the Tiempo Legend VI FG or the current Legend VII FG?

18. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
    I can confirm the new chrome/blue Neymars to be released later this month will have a leather upper!

newone88 repped this.
  19. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    The ones that l have similar color scheme and design to the R9 original vapor?
    Kangaroo leather? post photos if you are allowed :)

20. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
    Will take a pic tomorrow. Its actually that 'Alegria' leather Nike have used before. It took me a while to realize it was leather. When I flexed the boot in my hands, I noticed it started to crease very easily.

newone88 repped this.
  21. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
  22. TouchofOzil

TouchofOzil New Member

Arsenal
    Germany
    Dec 14, 2017
  23. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    TouchofOzil repped this.
  24. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Could it be that they put ‘alegria’ because it is Portuguese for ‘joy’ and not made of alegria leather? Although I am very much hoping for a leather Vapor XI in a Brazil/R9-inspired colorway!

newone88 repped this.
  25. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco